Hot Spot Device for Pokemon Go

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. Hot Spot Device for Pokemon Go

User Info: spoofrice11

spoofrice11
1 month ago#1
Me and my wife was using a LG G-Pad as a hot spot for Pokemon Go, since my phone doesn't have much data (she can use more on her plan). Unfortunately, the G-Pad got dropped and the glass broke, so now the touch screen is broke and we can't turn on the hot spot.

We called a few places and it sounds like it'd be $120 to fix the screen, which is a lot. So we are looking at other options of either getting a used ipad (switch chip out?) or getting a mobile hotspot. Not sure what is the best option and the cheapest to do.

Anyone have any advice on what they would recommend.

Thanks!

User Info: Jas_Pata

Jas_Pata
1 month ago#2
Others could elaborate and describe what takes up the most data while using the game... but as far as I know this game takes up very little data.
aka - Nah Tso Gud

User Info: Napoleon001

Napoleon001
1 month ago#3
Freedom pop has monthly data plans that are free. Check it out. The game doesn't use much data, so it should be perfect for your needs.

spoofrice11
1 month ago#4
We use an ipad with the hot spot as well sometimes, so it is needed for that too (using some data).

User Info: barkowi

barkowi
1 month ago#5
A 30 dollar tracfone with a 15 dollar card will allow you to do that to. I use a ZTE Majesty pro and hot spot to multiple devices
---21b---

spoofrice11
1 month ago#6
barkowi posted...
A 30 dollar tracfone with a 15 dollar card will allow you to do that to. I use a ZTE Majesty pro and hot spot to multiple devices

I don't know much about that. I'll have to look into it.

Thanks

User Info: SaraAB87

SaraAB87
1 month ago#7
I have a 200mb plan on tello.com that costs about $11 a month and I play pokemon go and don't even use all of the data, this game uses almost no data, if your use is anything like mine you will be fine. Tello also has a 1GB plan plus minutes and texting for $14 a month.
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 3926-4622-6128
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. Hot Spot Device for Pokemon Go

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived