Niantic can really go f*** themselves with this horse s*** catch rate

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. Niantic can really go f*** themselves with this horse s*** catch rate

User Info: Spetsnaz420

Spetsnaz420
1 year ago#1
Seen 8 Entei caught 1

Almost all excellent throws with never less than 10 balls. I hope these dumb f***s are sterile
You have no idea the physical toll that three vasectomies have on a person! ~ Micheal Scott
PSN: Spetsnaz420 NNID: 0963-2355-7401 (MH4U + MHG only)

User Info: jmikla

jmikla
1 year ago#2
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Seen 8 Entei caught 1

Almost all excellent throws

doubt it
So say we all

Spetsnaz420
1 year ago#3
jmikla posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Seen 8 Entei caught 1

doubt it

Just because you suck at landing excellent curve balls doesn't mean everyone does.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/7378d1/locking_target_trick_the_visual_manual/

Maybe you'll land some... It's actually easy
You have no idea the physical toll that three vasectomies have on a person! ~ Micheal Scott

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
1 year ago#4
Excellent throws don't work most of the time due to some bug since launch that prevents curveballs from being registered. Better to go for great with a smaller circle instead.
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
Intel BLACKOPS 6-Core @ 4.60 GHz || Asus R4E X79 || 16 GB DDR3 || Radeon HD 8970

User Info: Brave_Song

Brave_Song
1 year ago#5
I'm getting about 60% of them with excellent throws and mixture of razz and golden razz. Depressing for sure, especially when high IV ones get away
No ones a virgin because life screws everyone.

User Info: MeowMixCDs

MeowMixCDs
1 year ago#6
Spetsnaz420 posted...
jmikla posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Seen 8 Entei caught 1

doubt it

Just because you suck at landing excellent curve balls doesn't mean everyone does.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/7378d1/locking_target_trick_the_visual_manual/

Maybe he doubts you're actually landing excellent throws because of your catch rate, not because he thinks excellent throws are hard to land? I mean... he quotes the seen/caught amount, so that should have been obvious. You're obviously doing something wrong.

User Info: 3127

1 year ago#7
Tyranitar: 27/34
Articuno: 2/4
Moltres: 2/4
Zapdos: 10/14
Lugia: 8/12
Raikou: 11/17
Entei: 2/4
Mewtwo: 1/1

I do curved balls and great throws. I freeze the circle and then wait for them to attack, so I land my throws every time. I only use golden razz on the ones with favorable IVs.

People also should not forget that they can increase their chances of catching legendaries by getting the gold medal for that particular type. Every little bit helps.

Spetsnaz420
1 year ago#8
MeowMixCDs posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
jmikla posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Seen 8 Entei caught 1

doubt it

Maybe he doubts you're actually landing excellent throws because of your catch rate, not because he thinks excellent throws are hard to land? I mean... he quotes the seen/caught amount, so that should have been obvious. You're obviously doing something wrong.

How can I do RNG wrong? I land roughly 8/10 excellent throws on these dogs. It's really not hard to believe since I had a whole month of catching Raikou to practice... Their hit boxes are nearly or completely identical. I find when people doubt something like that they typically can't do it themselves.

I have a much higher catch percentage on the rest of them... I didn't even know the freeze trick for the birds. Entei is just seems to be my RNG hell

User Info: Yoshimo_irl

Yoshimo_irl
1 year ago#9
I don't see why people are jumping on this guy. Its still probability. There is nothing you can do to guarantee a catch. Its potentially possible there are people out there who are unlucky and miss 10 legendaries in a row even with good throws. Its less likley, but very possible with the amount of people playing. If enough people flip coins, eventually one of them will get tails multiple times in a row.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

User Info: Lavendermoon

Lavendermoon
1 year ago#10
I think Excellent curves are still glitched with it not registering as a curve so I avoid them. But out of 11 Entei's I've only caught 2. My best iv encounter 1921 ran from me and I did everything with curves and great balls with golden razz. I'm beyond annoyed at this point. Articuno was the last one to give me issues but I didn't have my ice badge so it was understandable. Entei I have the gold fire badge, do great curve balls with golden razz and nothing. I even researched the best way to throw and nothing. People who throw them straight catch them on the first ball or miss the great or nice throw get them. I've just stop trying with golden razz at this point since the outcome is always a fail for me. Maybe it was just a bad week for me but I'm ready for Suicune cause Entei is a big troll.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. Niantic can really go f*** themselves with this horse s*** catch rate

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived