• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. iOS vs. Android: Lag and responsiveness

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
3 years ago#1
To the people who play this game a s***load and know a lot about different phones:

Is the iOS version far less laggy and glitchy than the Android version, or is the Galaxy Grand Prime just a super potato phone?

My buddy came into town last weekend, and I set him up with a new PoGO account. He has an iPhone, and I spun some stops for him and caught some pokes while he drove. The responsiveness of the PoGO app was soooo much snappier than on my Galaxy Grand Prime, and his battery lasted about 3x longer than mine.

tldr: Is the Android version of PoGO that much worse than the iOS version, or is my phone garbage? Maybe both?

User Info: Plockboy

Plockboy
3 years ago#2
I have an iPhone 5s and I sometimes use my boyfriend's Huawei to play. In my experience, my iPhone is much better, but I'm not sure if that's the phone or the system. The game takes 2 to 3 minutes to load on his phone, and I'm unable to attack gyms 3 out of 4 times because the app crashes when I click on a gym. The only problem with my iPhone is that the game crashes out of nowhere when I play for a long time or evolve +-30 Pokémon. But I'm always able to restart in 20 or less seconds and it never crashes multiple times in a row.
Actually a girl

kobalobasileus
3 years ago#3
Bump for the daytime crowd.

User Info: usmovers_02

usmovers_02
3 years ago#4
My galaxy s8 runs the game buttery smooth
www.nohomophobes.com

User Info: ChemicalBurrito

ChemicalBurrito
3 years ago#5
In my experience, the game will run better on older iPhones than older Android phones, but it's damn glitchy and crashy on either.

This latest update is really unstable on my iPhone, though. Crashes during lucky egg evolves, locks up when doing several potions one after another, crashing when looking at gyms, etc.
My game collection: http://chemicalburrito.com
Now: Borderlands 2 (Vita/PS3) | Risk of Rain (Vita) | Phantasy Star Nova (Vita)

kobalobasileus
3 years ago#6
My Grand Prime isn't really "old." I just got it last year.

User Info: Mizznox

Mizznox
3 years ago#7
kobalobasileus posted...

Let's put it this way: The Galaxy S5 was released more than 3 years ago and has a 2.5ghz processor with 2gb RAM. The Grand Prime has a 1.2ghz processor and 1gb RAM.
http://i.imgur.com/cZmZwYj.jpg

kobalobasileus
3 years ago#8
Mizznox posted...
kobalobasileus posted...

Let's put it this way: The Galaxy S5 was released more than 3 years ago and has a 2.5ghz processor with 2gb RAM. The Grand Prime has a 1.2ghz processor and 1gb RAM.

So the answer to my initial question is "both."

The Android version of PoGO is glitchier than the iOS version, and my phone is a potato.

User Info: Nordini

Nordini
3 years ago#9
Lol the name "Galaxy Grand Prime" is such a scam. Makes it sound like it's the top of the line super premium but really it was just a budget phone even at launch.

User Info: TheBitBandit

TheBitBandit
3 years ago#10
You'll never get a good experience on a phone with 1GB of RAM. Niantic recommends at least 2GB, which is what my Nexus 5X has and it runs pretty well for me. I used to play on a phone with 1GB and it was terrible with long start-up times and lots of freezes.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. iOS vs. Android: Lag and responsiveness
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A