• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. Just hit level 23 and the game is suddenly tedious and boring =/

User Info: MaplesGrandGM

MaplesGrandGM
3 years ago#31
EvolutionBaby posted...
AnyNamesLeft1 posted...
EvolutionBaby posted...
kirbyhoakage posted...
Always hold them never fold them. always throw curve balls and stop throwing fast balls and them pokemon wont be able to knock it out of the park like the great bambino.

Some of us have said this several times, but curve balls seem to make very little (if any) difference with catch rates. Same could be said for great balls and even ultra balls most of the time. What Niantic and everyone else says on the matter is irrelevant if what we've experienced in-game seems to completely go against it. The mechanics are either broken or don't work the way we've been led to believe they do (only making a minimal difference of like 10% or less, only triggering occasionally, or something else like that).

Wasted ten razz+great+curve combos on an Eevee around 550CP last night, for example, and the damn thing still wound up fleeing on me. It happens so much that my catch rate for Eevees is somewhere around 60%. Same goes for Bellsprouts and female Nidorans.

By your logic, what you say is also irrelevant Because my experience has been the opposite. I've had a lot of geodudes flee, but I've also caught plenty of 1k+ cp mons with one or 2 balls. Like the 1305 cp pinsir, or 1288 electabuzz I've caught at level 24.

Repeating part of my post:
"The mechanics are either broken or don't work the way we've been led to believe they do (only making a minimal difference of like 10% or less, only triggering occasionally, or something else like that)."

That's obvious. I'm not saying there's no possibility of a difference existing, but it's obvious that it doesn't work the way that some people seem to believe it does - if it did, we'd all be experiencing the same thing. Until that issue is addressed and we have concrete evidence to show exactly how much of a difference the different ball types make, how much of a difference razzberries make, and how much of a difference curve balls make, arguments about them being "better" are unsubstantiated. Same goes for arguments about how exactly they work, if there's any element of RNG with them, what the possible extent of that RNG is, and other stuff like that.

Are you dumb? They don't raise the catch chance by 50%, it's probably a relatively minuscule amount. RNG is RNG, we will never experience the same thing in any game with such varying chance. Hell, even the chance a certain Pokemon's chance of being caught being high or low is random.

Even if they say "Curveballs adds .05% chance of catch, Razz Berries add 5% chance... etc. and so forth," it changes nothing. Your experience won't change, my experience won't change, and the discrepancy between our experiences won't change. This is how RNG works. They DID confirm that curve balls and nice/great/excellent, not to mention razzberies DO affect that catch rate. You're not supposed to say by how much.
3DS FC: 2852-8061-6986
Currently Playing: Pokemon X/Y - Let me know if you add me, so I can add you!

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
3 years ago#32
what do you mean "suddenly"?
King K Rool, Krystal, Fawful for SSB5
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Allyourbass

User Info: EvolutionBaby

EvolutionBaby
3 years ago#33
MaplesGrandGM posted...
Are you dumb? They don't raise the catch chance by 50%, it's probably a relatively minuscule amount. RNG is RNG, we will never experience the same thing in any game with such varying chance. Hell, even the chance a certain Pokemon's chance of being caught being high or low is random.

Even if they say "Curveballs adds .05% chance of catch, Razz Berries add 5% chance... etc. and so forth," it changes nothing. Your experience won't change, my experience won't change, and the discrepancy between our experiences won't change. This is how RNG works. They DID confirm that curve balls and nice/great/excellent, not to mention razzberies DO affect that catch rate. You're not supposed to say by how much.

That "are you dumb?" thing goes both ways.

The whole damn point of what I keep saying is that people need to stop acting like curve balls, great balls, ultra balls, and razzberries provide some great advantage when the absolutely atrocious luck that some of us seem to have with that stuff completely contradicts their claim. RNG just exacerbates the issue because it completely throws pretty much ANY potential percentage of difference right out the window, making suggestions for what people should/shouldn't do virtually meaningless.

All of that aside, your last post makes it clear that you seem to agree with me about the difference that those things provide to people likely being minimal at best. If we pretty much agree on the point I was actually trying to make, then no other argument is even really necessary and I cannot for the life of me figure out why you're trying to sit here and pick a fight with me.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. Just hit level 23 and the game is suddenly tedious and boring =/
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A