• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. Just hit level 23 and the game is suddenly tedious and boring =/

User Info: 91sportsfan

91sportsfan
2 years ago#21
I'd been 22 and just reached 23 this afternoon. The fun part for me is going to be finding the 23-24 Pokemon I still need for my Pokedex. I'm not as concerned with fighting gyms because I have to travel 10-15 minutes to find one, and my buddies and I like showing off our rare/strong Pokemon to each other anyways
XBL: Carbs91
Evolution IS going in reverse

User Info: Fou Lu

Fou Lu
2 years ago#22
Someone is new to mobile games.
I smolder with generic rage.

User Info: Urgaleet

Urgaleet
2 years ago#23
Only 18 here, but I'm excited for later. Not so much for the higher levels because I know how terrible the grind is gonna be (already a pain catching fodder pokemon), but because I'll be on my college campus and there are easily 100+ pokestops there... I've had to make do with 1 a mile away and I'm so happy ;w;
I always wear my hazmat suit when perusing the toxic environment of GameFaqs.

User Info: Zylo1982

Zylo1982
2 years ago#24
Naruto posted...
Zylo1982 posted...
why? its like they never played an rpg before. there should be a balance as u lvl up to make it reasonable. this is lazy and somewhat backwards.

You get XP bonuses for better throws. I think that's a better reward system (when it actually works) than just getting lucky with the catch rate since there's a tiny bit of skill involved.

woohoo, i did a curve ball, +10 was that a nice? another +10 awesome. thats a total of 120exp. how much more do i need to lvl up to 22? uhhhhh...31k? dang, am sure getting close to leveling up.

ive played alot of MMOs and app games that had crazy grinds but this one is close to being one of the worst.
Monster hunter: Zylo ID#56LXGX DCUO: server Countdown>Villain>Name Zylo
PSN- Zylo82 http://www.youtube.com/Zylo82

User Info: galeongirl

galeongirl
2 years ago#25
IndigoIce posted...
This is where Niantic loses out thinking in the long term.
In every mobile apps I played, this is the first game I seen which punishes you as you progresses. There's no benefit in reaching high levels. Higher CP pokemon? Who cares about it when a 600 CP can defeat a 2000 CP pokemon? There's entirely no actual rewards for reaching higher levels.

Then you haven't played many free to play apps apparently, because that's exactly the system most of them use. Make it easy at the start, so people get hooked. Then it gets slightly harder, still keeping them hooked and tempting some to spend coins and others more effort/time... then after that, there's a steeper slope and the game gets hard. You either pay up to keep the game easy, or you deal with it and spend more time/effort on the game. That's the core of their reward model, in this phase all the suckers will pay up, generating Niantic's revenues. If they kept the game easy, there wouldn't be a need to pay and people breezed through it.

I'm lv 24 and haven't hit the wall yet tho. Still having fun just catching whatever I find and going to gyms and on trips to find new stuff.

User Info: Lansfield

Lansfield
2 years ago#26
I've been 23 for a month now. I stopped playing actually because leveling is too tedious now.

User Info: xZeikx

xZeikx
2 years ago#27
I hit 25 and quit pretty much. I have 138 in pokedex and got bored. Every night a group of 10 yellows take gyms here so I'm pretty sure they are spoofing so I just lost hope. They are 30-32. Quite jealous of that Muk that is there though

User Info: J_B

J_B
2 years ago#28
Fou Lu posted...
Someone is new to mobile games.

That's not an insult since most like this are s*** and not even full games.
http://jb08045.deviantart.com/art/Madoka-s-Dinner-513761540 -Out weeb me
Senran Character Entrances https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpzmBT9grow

User Info: AnyNamesLeft1

AnyNamesLeft1
2 years ago#29
EvolutionBaby posted...
kirbyhoakage posted...
Always hold them never fold them. always throw curve balls and stop throwing fast balls and them pokemon wont be able to knock it out of the park like the great bambino.

Some of us have said this several times, but curve balls seem to make very little (if any) difference with catch rates. Same could be said for great balls and even ultra balls most of the time. What Niantic and everyone else says on the matter is irrelevant if what we've experienced in-game seems to completely go against it. The mechanics are either broken or don't work the way we've been led to believe they do (only making a minimal difference of like 10% or less, only triggering occasionally, or something else like that).

Wasted ten razz+great+curve combos on an Eevee around 550CP last night, for example, and the damn thing still wound up fleeing on me. It happens so much that my catch rate for Eevees is somewhere around 60%. Same goes for Bellsprouts and female Nidorans.

By your logic, what you say is also irrelevant Because my experience has been the opposite. I've had a lot of geodudes flee, but I've also caught plenty of 1k+ cp mons with one or 2 balls. Like the 1305 cp pinsir, or 1288 electabuzz I've caught at level 24.
IG- truth_or_dark

User Info: EvolutionBaby

EvolutionBaby
2 years ago#30
AnyNamesLeft1 posted...
EvolutionBaby posted...
kirbyhoakage posted...
Always hold them never fold them. always throw curve balls and stop throwing fast balls and them pokemon wont be able to knock it out of the park like the great bambino.

Some of us have said this several times, but curve balls seem to make very little (if any) difference with catch rates. Same could be said for great balls and even ultra balls most of the time. What Niantic and everyone else says on the matter is irrelevant if what we've experienced in-game seems to completely go against it. The mechanics are either broken or don't work the way we've been led to believe they do (only making a minimal difference of like 10% or less, only triggering occasionally, or something else like that).

Wasted ten razz+great+curve combos on an Eevee around 550CP last night, for example, and the damn thing still wound up fleeing on me. It happens so much that my catch rate for Eevees is somewhere around 60%. Same goes for Bellsprouts and female Nidorans.

By your logic, what you say is also irrelevant Because my experience has been the opposite. I've had a lot of geodudes flee, but I've also caught plenty of 1k+ cp mons with one or 2 balls. Like the 1305 cp pinsir, or 1288 electabuzz I've caught at level 24.

Repeating part of my post:
"The mechanics are either broken or don't work the way we've been led to believe they do (only making a minimal difference of like 10% or less, only triggering occasionally, or something else like that)."

That's obvious. I'm not saying there's no possibility of a difference existing, but it's obvious that it doesn't work the way that some people seem to believe it does - if it did, we'd all be experiencing the same thing. Until that issue is addressed and we have concrete evidence to show exactly how much of a difference the different ball types make, how much of a difference razzberries make, and how much of a difference curve balls make, arguments about them being "better" are unsubstantiated. Same goes for arguments about how exactly they work, if there's any element of RNG with them, what the possible extent of that RNG is, and other stuff like that.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. Just hit level 23 and the game is suddenly tedious and boring =/
  • Topic Archived