• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. Cannot beat snorlax

User Info: TamTamz

TamTamz
2 years ago#1
My Vaporeon, 2144 CP, 189 HP with water gun and hydro pump, he cannot beat 2450 CP snorlax with hyper beam during gym training :(

It always very close, like just a few bar left on both Pokémon.

Thing is that my Vaporeon is my strongest Pokémon, and already maxed out at trainer level 26.

Damn you snorlax, he was the least CP at that gym!

My other strong Pokémon is Exeggutor, which would be worse...
Pokemon Go

User Info: ChristAlmonds

ChristAlmonds
2 years ago#2
Try not getting hit as many times. That normally helps.
XBone:CRex330
3ds FC: 1994-0178-3744

User Info: icedragon50

icedragon50
2 years ago#3
Hyper beam is just crazy strong. I tried fighting a 1040 wigglytuff with my 903 aerodactyl and it seemed to do over 60% damage. Normal vs Rock type. Had no chance to train and join that gym, as hyper beam killed all my other pokemon in one hit as well at the time.
Even tried dodging, but even standing on the side of wigglytuff I still got hit (though it seemed like the damage was halved). :\
Filana, monster hunting rhythmic Pokemon trainer ~ 3823-8548-5523

User Info: TamTamz

TamTamz
2 years ago#4
ChristAlmonds posted...
Try not getting hit as many times. That normally helps.

Yeah, I tried to dodge, but still took some damage. I don't know what was the snorlax quick move, but that hyper beam was really hurt.
Pokemon Go

User Info: Dyndrilliac

Dyndrilliac
2 years ago#5
icedragon50 posted...
Hyper beam is just crazy strong. I tried fighting a 1040 wigglytuff with my 903 aerodactyl and it seemed to do over 60% damage. Normal vs Rock type. Had no chance to train and join that gym, as hyper beam killed all my other pokemon in one hit as well at the time.
Even tried dodging, but even standing on the side of wigglytuff I still got hit (though it seemed like the damage was halved). :\

Just dodging isn't enough, and the positioning isn't relevant. You can be standing behind your opponent and he can still hit you. The mechanic is based off timing. What matters is when you dodge. The timings are different for each attack. The important ones to learn are the charge moves, and even then you only really need to master the popular ones: hyper beam, solar beam, hydro pump, heat blast, blizzard, stone edge, etc. The ones that will 1HKO you.
PSN/Steam ID: Dyndrilliac
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dyndrilliac-1709/

User Info: AnyNamesLeft1

AnyNamesLeft1
2 years ago#6
Doge until he attacks attack twice and repeat.
IG- truth_or_dark

User Info: SS2Matt

SS2Matt
2 years ago#7
Machamp or other fighting types at high CP make short work of him.

Also dodge.
"You truly are the Lord of the Rings" - Frildo Boggins

User Info: Quixote

Quixote
2 years ago#8
Snorlax is strong because his only weakness as a normal type is a fighting type pokemon. Combine that with his fat health pool and he becomes annoying to take down. If you're lucky and have a Machamp with cross chop, you can make snorlax your *!@#.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. Cannot beat snorlax
  • Topic Archived