• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. How many meters is the trainer's detection radius?

User Info: AeternaNocturne

AeternaNocturne
4 years ago#1
Nt
Look, even if we make it punishable to speed, people will speed anyway. That's why we don't have traffic laws.
The irony is, people think this about guns.

User Info: sew182

sew182
4 years ago#2
Good question, I would like to know this as well.
My Super Mario Maker levels - https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/ArmorOfGod

User Info: TheePieMan

TheePieMan
4 years ago#3
Can't you stand with the edge of the circle radius on a street corner. Mark where you are and manually measure it with some tape? I doubt it's that troublesome to do. You could probably even eyeball it. (Your general starting point) Then you would only have to measure how many steps it takes to get back until your Phone shows you standing at approximately where you are. I'd say it's 25ish meters as a guesstimate based on how far away my street corner is from my house and how far it shows that being from my traineradar.
Sometimes people see an invisible "r" in my name that isn't there. Weird ain't it?

User Info: AeternaNocturne

AeternaNocturne
4 years ago#4
TheePieMan posted...
Can't you stand with the edge of the circle radius on a street corner. Mark where you are and manually measure it with some tape? I doubt it's that troublesome to do. You could probably even eyeball it. (Your general starting point) Then you would only have to measure how many steps it takes to get back until your Phone shows you standing at approximately where you are. I'd say it's 25ish meters as a guesstimate based on how far away my street corner is from my house and how far it shows that being from my traineradar.

Can't you?
Look, even if we make it punishable to speed, people will speed anyway. That's why we don't have traffic laws.
The irony is, people think this about guns.
(message deleted)

User Info: 87linkofhyrule

87linkofhyrule
4 years ago#6
If it's the same as ingress, the action range would be 40 meters.

Edit: Direct quote about ingress from wiki:

"The influence area has a 40 meter radius. An agent cannot do most functions with a portal unless the portal is with their influence area. One exception is Recharging a portal remotely."
AC: NL 3DS FC- 0834-2505-0985,Name: Ecnal (that's Lance backwards), Town: Eluryh
(message deleted)

User Info: TheePieMan

TheePieMan
4 years ago#8
AeternaNocturne posted...

Can't you?

I'm neither the one that asked, such as yourself- or one that cares enough to do so, such as you might be since you made the topic. Congrats on finding other people to do some searches online for you.
Sometimes people see an invisible "r" in my name that isn't there. Weird ain't it?

User Info: RocketJess

RocketJess
4 years ago#9
40 metres sounds about right. (I'm Australian and used to the metric system.) I would have guessed "50 or less".

The easier way to check the measurement would be to get a street map and use a ruler to measure between your location and an easily-findable point on the edge of the circle.
RocketJess, blasting off again!
PSN: iscah_rambles

User Info: MonoxideHektik

MonoxideHektik
4 years ago#10
90 for 3 steps, 40 to spawn the pokemon
3ds FC: 0232 9056 6439
Add me for friend safari, I have Water
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. How many meters is the trainer's detection radius?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A