• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. Is there a way to fix the Pokemon Tracker

User Info: Appleforce

Appleforce
5 years ago#1
I feel like I'm playing this game blind. My GPS and everything else seems to be working, but the Pokemon Tracker on the bottom right for me is completely broken. It will show what Pokemon are around, but doesn't update until 2-3 minutes later, at which the entire line-up of Pokemon changes up completely.

I recently played with my friends while walking to lunch and they're able to track Pokemon almost instantly with the footprints updating while my phone is still stuck at 3 footprints. What's worse is sometimes I have to reboot my game just to encounter the same Pokemon as my friends because the Pokemon Tracker still thinks I'm 3 footprints away when I'm standing on the spot the Pokemon is supposed to spawn.

If it helps, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. I really enjoy playing, but it's really frustrating how inaccurate my Pokemon Tracker is. I might as well not use it if nothing it displays is accurate.
He killed Steve Irwin and escaped to the sea.
JET STINGRAY

User Info: OrtegaTron

OrtegaTron
5 years ago#2
Sounds like a gps problem with your phone, maybe? If so, I don't know how to fix that. Good luck.

User Info: Ionizer

Ionizer
5 years ago#3
The Pokemon Radar (or whatever) has an issue that "old" Pokemon that get past the "nearby" range don't fall off the radar until a new Pokemon gets added to it. And sometimes, the radar doesn't want to add new Pokemon if it's already full. Luckily, forcing the app closed and rebooting it forces it to refresh the radar, kicking out all the old, far away Pokemon and hopefully correctly populating it with new, nearby Pokemon. Rebooting the app fixes so many current issues, I've seen people suggesting rebooting it every 10 minutes to stave off possible problems.

User Info: Super Slash

Super Slash
5 years ago#4
I find the tracker is really s***ty as well, I have similar problems with it. Occasionally it'll work like it's supposed to, but my GPS is constantly being reconnected, especially at work.

User Info: FionaHyacinth

FionaHyacinth
5 years ago#5
It also bugs if you have a specific pokemon selected for a while. I had a bulbasaur tagged for about 20 minutes trying to find it. I had no luck and wound up driving about 40 miles to visit a family member. The bulbasaur never left my radar. I'm sure they're furiously attempting to fix all of this as we converse.

User Info: bhaal_spawn

bhaal_spawn
5 years ago#6
i have found restarting the game corrects the tracker
i restart it quite frequently especially if trying to track down 1 particular pokemon, if it stays at 3 steps for too long i restart, usually drops off the list once rebooted meaning i have gone the wrong direction, usually can go back to where i first saw it on list and it will show up again and i pick another direction and see how that goes
PSN: Katelyst

User Info: JebT4212

JebT4212
5 years ago#7
Someone showed me a tip that seems to work. If you tap the compass on the top right corner it changed the perspective from the character to the map. You can then turn your phone and instead of the character moving the map moves. When you do this the character will start to walk in the direction of the pokemon near you. Continue this to triangulate the position and you've found your pokemon! I was skeptical until I saw him do it to find a squirter. After he did it myself and 3 others also used this tactic to find the same squirter almost immediately. It's not an exact science but seems to help. Anybody else have any experience with this? I'd love to figure out exactly how it works, or is supposed to work.
PSN: Jebadiah21

User Info: Appleforce

Appleforce
5 years ago#8
I'll give it a try when I go out for a walk after work. Thanks for the tips guys!
He killed Steve Irwin and escaped to the sea.
JET STINGRAY
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. Is there a way to fix the Pokemon Tracker
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A