• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. How do you think the pokemon distribution algorithm works?

User Info: IcyFlamez96

IcyFlamez96
2 years ago#1
I've been hearing about Ghost Pokemon actually being at cemeteries, so maybe the system tracks certain words and tries to put some pokemon there based on that?

I also just read someone saying they live in a place related to "moon" and he finds a lot of Clefairies and Clefables. I live in a place with Sunny in the name, and I find a lot of fire types like Vulpix, Growlithe, Magmar and Ponyta (along with others).

I assume it would at least distribute water pokemon near water, and maybe weather conditions as well.

There are also weird cases of people finding water pokemon where there is no water for miles and yadayada, so idk.
I just don't understand their prollem

IcyFlamez96
2 years ago#2
bump

IcyFlamez96
2 years ago#3
come on you guys dont want to have this interesting discussion

User Info: Lil_Puddin

Lil_Puddin
2 years ago#4
How does it work? Poorly. lol
I juss dun understayand.

User Info: Undietaker

Undietaker
2 years ago#5
IcyFlamez96 posted...
I've been hearing about Ghost Pokemon actually being at cemeteries, so maybe the system tracks certain words and tries to put some pokemon there based on that?

I also just read someone saying they live in a place related to "moon" and he finds a lot of Clefairies and Clefables. I live in a place with Sunny in the name, and I find a lot of fire types like Vulpix, Growlithe, Magmar and Ponyta (along with others).

I assume it would at least distribute water pokemon near water, and maybe weather conditions as well.

There are also weird cases of people finding water pokemon where there is no water for miles and yadayada, so idk.

I am nowhere near a cemetary and have a Haunter and Ghastly shows up alot.
Nothing to do with "Moon" and I get Clefairies alot.
I live on a mountain range and have not seen a single rock or ground type...

User Info: HMandACFan

HMandACFan
2 years ago#6
I watched a Youtube video that said they did extensive research and found out that ghosts don't spawn in cemeteries at all, and that weather doesn't affect it.

I find water MOSTLY near the water, but not exclusively.
ESO IGN: @TheBadGuy1234, HS IGN: MeltedWater#1790, LOL IGN: MeltedWater

User Info: Odd_Donny

Odd_Donny
2 years ago#7
I think they added swarming. Yesterday morning all I could get was hypno and drowsey for a few hours down in the park. Tons of them everywhere. Enough that I ended up evolving 3 rather strong hypnos out of it.
,,,,^..^,,,,
I Kill Topics.

User Info: darkwing1232

darkwing1232
2 years ago#8
IHMandACFan posted...
I watched a Youtube video that said they did extensive research and found out that ghosts don't spawn in cemeteries at all, and that weather doesn't affect it.

I find water MOSTLY near the water, but not exclusively.

I actually have caught more water pokemon away from water than near it. I even popped a lure at a stop thats literally a boat ramp to a giant lake and got 1 water-type yet have caught numerous goldeens and magikarps near my apartment complex that doesnt have any water.

User Info: Jadder22

Jadder22
2 years ago#9
Thinks it's just messed up. A regional park by my place is an old quarry turned into a lake... one of the more common spawns there are Magma which makes no sense. And every time I pass a little playground in front of a small library there is a dratini there. No water anywhere around.

I have seen crabbys and staryus only at a different lake so bodies of water for water dwelling pokemon might be in effect, but it's far from perfect.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. How do you think the pokemon distribution algorithm works?
  • Topic Archived