Potion drought - what's the deal?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. Potion drought - what's the deal?

User Info: Gr8saiyaman88

Gr8saiyaman88
5 months ago#1
It seems like Niantic is pretty adamant about making me wanting to stop playing this game.

Their latest 'antic' is making it so I get 1 potion out of maybe 20 Pokestop spins. How am I supposed to continue doing the Gym thing when all my pokemon are beat up?

User Info: Mizznox

Mizznox
5 months ago#2
Healing items are more common from gyms, balls/berries more common from regular stops. It's been this way for about 4 months.
https://i.imgur.com/qUAL3fG.gifv

Gr8saiyaman88
5 months ago#3
Mizznox posted...
Healing items are more common from gyms, balls/berries more common from regular stops. It's been this way for about 4 months.

Thanks for the heads up! Thanks what I figured. In my area I get to spin maybe 3-5 gyms a week so that makes sense. Kind of dumb but I guess it's better than when there was a Pokeball drought.

User Info: Lombax94

Lombax94
4 months ago#4
I go through periods of time when I can’t get any of these either. That happens to me with all types of items though, with the exception of revives. It seems like they’re trolling sometimes: i’ll have 0 hp restoring items and 300 Pokéballs (+ great and ultra) then every stop will load me up with more balls. & vice versa.
Either pure stupid coincidence or just niantic having a little fun with us. Can’t really say for sure which one.
3DS FC: 1092-2967-7347 -- IGN: Jake
I enjoy Pokemon, Dragon Ball, & Naruto games.

Gr8saiyaman88
4 months ago#5
Lombax94 posted...
I go through periods of time when I can’t get any of these either. That happens to me with all types of items though, with the exception of revives. It seems like they’re trolling sometimes: i’ll have 0 hp restoring items and 300 Pokéballs (+ great and ultra) then every stop will load me up with more balls. & vice versa.
Either pure stupid coincidence or just niantic having a little fun with us. Can’t really say for sure which one.

Definitely how it feels usually. Sometimes I wonder if they actually have any game designers on their team : p

User Info: JW ACE

JW ACE
4 months ago#6
Honestly - for me its revives......at least after all my kyogre battles.

I have 2 mon that I am leaving dead for now....until I get more - I'm not using my max revive on them.

I have like 50 full potions and 40+ Hypers - honestly - if I do a gym - I make sure to pull the pokemon before it gets knocked out just so I know I can use the potion and not revive.

I do tend to get revives after raids though....though would rather get TM's - I could use like 5 charged TM's
Currently playing: Dreamfall Chapters, Civilization VI,LoZ:BotW,Uncharted:LL
Long live Sierra!!!!
(message deleted)
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. Potion drought - what's the deal?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived