• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Calamity Jane vs Santa Atilla

User Info: John_Daker

John_Daker
1 month ago#1
I now have these two ST Quick Archers. Jane is NP2, and Santa is of course NP5. I'm interested in hearing peoples thoughts in comparing them.

Also I swear I cannot read the text on Jane's 3rd skill. Text is way too small. I looked it up and it does a lot, but very hard to read in-game.

User Info: Darth_BadGuy

Darth_BadGuy
1 month ago#2
Not much to compare- Santera is a better buffer and (by dint of guaranteed NP5, if nothing else) a better ST damage dealer. Jane has her niche in cases where you want buffs spread across the whole party instead of just the DPS, or need some of the specific utility of her S3 and have the stars to enable it, but to be frank it's not a great one.
What?You think you can take me on? What do you think this is, a lightbulb?

User Info: AdrianMagicent

AdrianMagicent
1 month ago#3
Personally, I put Jane ahead. Much better cq support, I think. Cheaper, skill Sherlock for pierce and a potentially useful crit buff. With other less useful but nice stuff. Actual value varies based on what you have and can use for a specific battle.
Dubito, ergo sim.
FGO NA: 525,245,098

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
1 month ago#4
Jane is a niche servant who pretty much exists to be a support for her 3rd skill. The better, free, buffer archer is Nightingale who will be coming shortly. As a damage dealer, I think Santera wins out for sure due to the NP levels.

User Info: John_Daker

John_Daker
1 month ago#5
thanks all for the comments and feedback! I don't typically take advantage of Clairvoyance EX so I didn't realize Nightingale was coming for Christmas. Good to know.

Goraishi
1 month ago#6
John_Daker posted...
thanks all for the comments and feedback! I don't typically take advantage of Clairvoyance EX so I didn't realize Nightingale was coming for Christmas. Good to know.

Night is stupid good. For the tier list discussion, I went back and looked at like 1.5 years of JP content, and Night is a top pick for countering a very substantial number of gimmicks. You might consider unlocking her 3rd skill and stopping leveling unless you want to use her as a damage dealer. And Christmas is likely in November this year so she is pretty close.

User Info: Balthanon

Balthanon
1 month ago#7
Huh, I didn't realize that Calamity Jane was a poor man's Sherlock. I didn't really care much about her, but that third skill does seem interesting. Probably pretty hard to leverage though, so I don't think I'll actually push for her; just will be a little happier if she ends up dropping in pursuit of my second Ishtar.
Fate/Grand Order: Ritsuba - 241,049,270

Goraishi
1 month ago#8
Balthanon posted...
Huh, I didn't realize that Calamity Jane was a poor man's Sherlock. I didn't really care much about her, but that third skill does seem interesting. Probably pretty hard to leverage though, so I don't think I'll actually push for her; just will be a little happier if she ends up dropping in pursuit of my second Ishtar.

Not as bad as you might think, especially if you have Carps post Castoria. Jane's bond is a lower cost star bomb if you don't need to suicide her. That said, outside of damage boost CEs, I find it easier to just run SC on my damage dealer.

User Info: Balthanon

Balthanon
1 month ago#9
Goraishi posted...
Not as bad as you might think, especially if you have Carps post Castoria. Jane's bond is a lower cost star bomb if you don't need to suicide her. That said, outside of damage boost CEs, I find it easier to just run SC on my damage dealer.

I do have several of those, so certainly a possibility. Sweet Crystal is definitely easier though when you don't need extra damage. Finally used her in a quest today as an NPC as well and she definitely has a lot of debuffs tied to her NP as well. Seems like a fairly nice unit all together.
Fate/Grand Order: Ritsuba - 241,049,270
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Calamity Jane vs Santa Atilla
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A