• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Im surprised they used Calamity Jane and not Annie Oakley
MonkeyMaster007 1 month ago#1
Nothing against Calamity Jane because she's an amazing human being but I think Annie would have made a better archer. Her shooting was world renowned. Then again she could always make an appearance down the line.
When you Pick a fight with a devil, You better be Stronger than hell
TheBorlax 1 month ago#2
Or Buffalo Bills.

Maybe gender bend Buffalo Bills lol
Unbound-King 1 month ago#3
Did they only go with "Ashtart" because it sounds close to Ishtar like how Chloe's close to Kuro?
I don't know if that's brilliantly efficient or just exceedingly lazy. Probably a bit of both.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 Switch: SW-3102-7895-8025 FGO: 349-336-611
I'm just a scrublord. I prefer casual games.
ChemicalBurrito 1 month ago#4
Unbound-King posted...
Did they only go with "Ashtart" because it sounds close to Ishtar like how Chloe's close to Kuro?

They could have gone with “Athtart” …

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Astarte-ancient-deity

Playing games from Pong to PS5. Well, when I can finally *buy* a PS5 ...
farson135 1 month ago#5
Unbound-King posted...
I don't know if that's brilliantly efficient or just exceedingly lazy. Probably a bit of both.
I'm not sure where the spelling came in (it might just be an alternate spelling), but Astarte is often considered a predecessor/inspiration/whatever to Ishtar, as well as others like Aphrodite (all of whom have similar "birth" stories, and even similar duties). As civilizations traded with each other they spread ideas, including concepts like deities. There is a ton of overlap in much of mythology.

OT; True, Jane was not particularly renown for marksmanship. But, I'm not sure how they decide what servants to go with. It's possible that they just did a google search, or that was a figure someone happened to know about.
FGO- Name: Sarah, ID: 095,432,810
xhominid 1 month ago#6
Unbound-King posted...

Ashtart is another way to spell Astarte who, as someone pointed out, is basically another version of Ishtar.
And spoilers it fits with the fact that due to Christainity, Ishtar and Astarte was demonized into what we later see as Astaroth which fits with Ishtar Ashtart's beef of Humanity seeing her as a demon and wants to wipe everyone out for it.
Kneekicker 1 month ago#7
farson135 posted...
OT; True, Jane was not particularly renown for marksmanship. But, I'm not sure how they decide what servants to go with. It's possible that they just did a google search, or that was a figure someone happened to know about.
Distinctive/memorable nicknames probably play a part. She was probably chosen for similar reasons as Billy, and given Jane's been in the game's files since 2015 I imagine they might've been planned together too.
FGO NA: 638,701,686 | FGO JP: 161,136,201
Official Take-Mikazuchi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
CorruptedSoul12 1 month ago#8
I do like how in Jane's info it talks about how she's more of a debuffer due to in part her uncertain background. That couple with the fact she's super upbeat makes me like her even more to be honest.

But if they did a Annie Oakley servant in the future I bet she she's gonna be prime damage material.
MonkeyMaster007 1 month ago#9
CorruptedSoul12 posted...
I do like how in Jane's info it talks about how she's more of a debuffer due to in part her uncertain background. That couple with the fact she's super upbeat makes me like her even more to be honest.

But if they did a Annie Oakley servant in the future I bet she she's gonna be prime damage material.
If she ever becomes a servant I will snatch her right up! I'm an Annie fan (also I have a bit of a crush on her as well lol.)
When you Pick a fight with a devil, You better be Stronger than hell
Balthanon 1 month ago#10
xhominid posted...
Ashtart is another way to spell Astarte who, as someone pointed out, is basically another version of Ishtar.

I kind of wish they had put an e on the end of Ashtart-- I keep reading it as two words in my head and it has unfortunate connotations that way when applied to a woman.
Fate/Grand Order: Ritsuba - 241,049,270
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Im surprised they used Calamity Jane and not Annie Oakley
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A