• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. JP bros how painful is FGO JP without Space Ishtar and Summer Musashi?

User Info: Yaiden

Yaiden
1 month ago#31
fates2008 posted...
Not painful at all, plenty of omni node need double dps setup regardless of having Spishtar or not.
And most importantly Space Ishtar isn't going to "3T 6CE any 90+ node with minimal or no use of plugsuit", that just straight up misleading.
That's a relief... cause Space Cowgirl has been pretty elusive. Got 750ish sq left and I'm thinking I should stop here and use that for Skadi.

Chen in the DCS with the other top supports should be alright, yeah?
Bonafide Monafide~

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
1 month ago#32
Yaiden posted...

Farming with Chen is f***ing awful even if you can get him to refund. Buster Chen where you just use him for wave 1? Sure, pretty solid. I did that a lot on JP because I didn't have Dantes. Triple looping Chen? Horrible experience. Chen can't 6 drop everything anyway so you're at best getting an awful 5 drop experience. Just go down one more and 4 drop, and you can probably find something that works and doesn't feel like s*** to do.

Yaiden
1 month ago#33
Goraishi posted...
Farming with Chen is f***ing awful even if you can get him to refund.
What's so terrible about it? Is it really so bad that you would go down to 4CEs?

Goraishi posted...
Chen can't 6 drop everything anyway so you're at best getting an awful 5 drop experience.
Tell me, is that primarily because of Riders? If so, I can live with that.

I can see an element of flexibility in Chen DCS too, since Chen and two Castoria's can charge a fourth servant's NP from 0% to 70%, and when Chen kills Castoria, Waver could give at least 20% on that. If they were buster, Chen could give them a nice mana burst equivalent for their np. Eh, plugsuit shenanigans, but beggars can't be choosers. Astarte clearly hates me, after all.
Bonafide Monafide~

User Info: kalafina_fan

kalafina_fan
1 month ago#34
Yaiden posted...
What's so terrible about it? Is it really so bad that you would go down to 4CEs?
Too much time and skill presses. He needs all the batteries you can get, and you have to wait through 3 servant death animations, which is pretty awful. He can't 6 drop most 90+ since he only has native 10% battery, and basically needs to hit 50% refund on both W1 and W2. If you plugsuit a 5th support you run into serious team cost issues (4 SSRs + 5 SSR CEs + Chen is 128 cost).
I can see an element of flexibility in Chen DCS too, since Chen and two Castoria's can charge a fourth servant's NP from 0% to 70%, and when Chen kills Castoria, Waver could give at least 20% on that. If they were buster, Chen could give them a nice mana burst equivalent for their np. Eh, plugsuit shenanigans, but beggars can't be choosers. Astarte clearly hates me, after all.
I think you can use 2x Castoria + Chen + some ST DPS to 4-5 drop a lot of 90+ with some 1-enemy wave. Still pretty time-consuming, but not as bad as triple loop Chen.

Yaiden
1 month ago#35
Class disadvantage isn't the only big issue huh? I see.

Well, whatever gets the farming done in the most efficient way. I wouldn't mind doing all the skill presses and stuff; I'm quite used to it already on NA, but if Gong isn't the best option, I guess I'll think of something else.
Bonafide Monafide~

User Info: ivanhellsing

ivanhellsing
1 month ago#36
you will feel more pain in the no content era :^)

User Info: fates2008

fates2008
1 month ago#37
Yaiden posted...
That's a relief... cause Space Cowgirl has been pretty elusive. Got 750ish sq left and I'm thinking I should stop here and use that for Skadi.

Yes, some example for 90+ 6ce in lotto event:

師匠lotto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy6-mf9DffI&t=21s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWx4W362npE

xmas lotto:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjYNwLJ4TZA&t=145s

nero rerun lotto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EXU2gAUw68&t=531s

(PS:Bedivere can be replaced by np1 Astraea)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDrG7LBOn_Q

Literally this, if you do not have any jp experience, then i believe you are actually one of the smarter guy.
People thought using chen gong = using him to loop all three nodes lol

Of course Chen Gong isn't that "one to conquer all 90+" type servant, he has his flaw and limitation, but as long as you have Castoria you will be fine.

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
1 month ago#38
In my case I just want my gameplay to be as braindead as possible. It's the reason I use Saw Twins in BB, it's the reason I grab Crescent Falchion in DeS, etc. The smoother the ride the more I enjoy it. That for me is most of the reason to be a meta slave. But obviously it's rarely if ever necessary to break games like that. 9 times out of 10 you're usually able to more than make do with whatever you get. I don't play the JP version of FGO, but I really doubt the game gets powercreeped hard enough that Honako can't do his thing, much less normal players that don't limit themselves to exclusively f2p servants in their own rosters.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 Switch: SW-3102-7895-8025 FGO: 349-336-611
I'm just a scrublord. I prefer casual games.

Yaiden
1 month ago#39
fates2008 posted...
Yes, some example for 90+ 6ce in lotto event:
-snip-
Literally this, if you do not have any jp experience, then i believe you are actually one of the smarter guy.
People thought using chen gong = using him to loop all three nodes lol

Of course Chen Gong isn't that "one to conquer all 90+" type servant, he has his flaw and limitation, but as long as you have Castoria you will be fine.
Excellent. That's well past serviceable. I wasn't sure about damage thresholds and refund (not playin' JP), but those vids were the ideal scenario in my head. Skipping Astarte altogether in favor of Summer Kama seems more justifiable now.

Unbound-King posted...
In my case I just want my gameplay to be as braindead as possible. It's the reason I use Saw Twins in BB, it's the reason I grab Crescent Falchion in DeS, etc. The smoother the ride the more I enjoy it.
I can agree in the context of farming (or some pvp). Bein' efficient helps get that drag over with, but in games like BB and DeS? Eh.. iunno.

Don't want a challenge sometimes?
Bonafide Monafide~

User Info: Bl00dEdgeRaiden

Bl00dEdgeRaiden
1 month ago#40
I've been extremely negative on FGO for a while now.

But one thing I will say that's impressed me in this event is that they've allowed people to have the ability to get old CEs and welfare servants that people missed out on. Which makes me hopeful they will do something similar for other welfares that f**ked off and never came back.

Other than the Quetz christmas though. That's probably never coming back
T7: Lili/Asuka/Xiaoyu
'I want to save a life...Just like I was saved...' - Iwasawa Masami
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. JP bros how painful is FGO JP without Space Ishtar and Summer Musashi?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A