• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: darkhunter35

darkhunter35
1 month ago#1
Now that Summer Kama has been announced, is it worth it to roll for Spishtar or save for Castoria?

User Info: pokedude900

pokedude900
1 month ago#2
There's always going to be a hot new meta Servant on the horizon, dude. Just roll for who you want. Besides, there's enough of a gap between Space Ishtar and Castoria that you can roll for both.

User Info: ForteEXE3850

ForteEXE3850
1 month ago#3
I believe Space Ishtar becomes available again after Castoria during the Saber Wars 2 re-run (should check the schedule to make sure), so if you'd rather save for Castoria before pulling for Space Ishtar that's an option, you just won't be able to use the top Arts looper right away.

Also, the general consensus is while Summer Kama is very strong, Space Ishtar is still better most of the time. There is also the fact that, Summer Kama will come out over a year after Castoria.
Mwahahahaha.

User Info: omarssikins

omarssikins
1 month ago#4
So it begins.

CALLED IT.

You can see the arguments here:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/180151-fate-grand-order/79663183#30
http://myanimelist.net/profile/omarssikins
Luscious Mami Tomoe, what a Mami. Fiora is mine. Eva-unit 00, Rei at your service. Yuno is delicious, fish is not.

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
1 month ago#5
darkhunter35 posted...
Now that Summer Kama has been announced, is it worth it to roll for Spishtar or save for Castoria?

First of all, Spishtar is the superior farmer in every way except NP screen time. Kama isn't cleanly better on CQs either due to how her kit works.

Second of all, what else are you interested in saving for? Kama comes right after two brand new meta supports. If you're worried about saving, then I would imagine this could be a real concern.

Finally, Spishtar exists for 2 years before Kama. So you can buy into Spishtar and abuse the hell out of her for 2 years before you could possibly get Kama. That is an awful lot of farming. What if the content shifts again in the next 6 months? You'd be skipping 2 years of an overpowered character just crossing your fingers that both Kama and Spishtar stay super relevant for long enough to get a return on investing in Kama. Speaking of staying relevant, Spishtar's color swap makes her much more likely to stay relevant.

User Info: MajinUltima

MajinUltima
1 month ago#6
pokedude900 posted...
There's always going to be a hot new meta Servant on the horizon, dude. Just roll for who you want
This.
I don't really spend so I'm gonna be hoarding for Kama primarily.
Herein I commit the chronicle of the traveler. Shepherd to the stars in the dark. Where you walk, my dearest friend, fate shall surely follow.

User Info: TGinge

TGinge
1 month ago#7
pokedude900 posted...
There's always going to be a hot new meta Servant on the horizon, dude. Just roll for who you want. Besides, there's enough of a gap between Space Ishtar and Castoria that you can roll for both.

This is always the answer. It’s impossible to tell what may happen on JP - look at Lolilot. Plenty of people on this board were saying “her AOE is buster, so who cares” and now she’s in contention as one of the top farmers in the game since there are new supports out.

Roll for whom you want, on current JP server the supports are busted enough that you can generally use your favorites.

User Info: Blammo3825

Blammo3825
1 month ago#8
ForteEXE3850 posted...
I believe Space Ishtar becomes available again after Castoria during the Saber Wars 2 re-run (should check the schedule to make sure),

SW2 rerun is early 2023

rather than hoard for “the next meta” just roll for who you want/like and keep all options on the table

look at all the sob stories on merlin hoarder/failures
What happened to fun? Our insurance doesn't cover it.
"When you stop doing things for fun, you might as well be dead." Ernest Hemingway

User Info: Lavek3

Lavek3
1 month ago#9
Not really

Unless you like her more than Spishtar then go. For me I rolled her even though I have Spishtar because I like her and want her as collection
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A