• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Beside Nero Bride, why didn't DW release more bride servant/costume?

User Info: Ilyasviel

Ilyasviel
4 weeks ago#1
We have tonnes of summer costume/servant but barely any bride/groom servant (maybe Proto Arthur, Nero and that's all). Any reason of this? Was Nero Bride poorly received?

Tones of gacha like FeH, Azur Lane, Imaginary Fest, Bandori, Last Period, Sao MD had bride skins/characters.

User Info: hihi123hihi

hihi123hihi
4 weeks ago#2
Because Nero Bride was actually a thing in CCC. Her "bride" version was not created solely for FGO but rather taken from another Fate game unlike most (if not all) other gacha games. Arthur's costume was because they didn't make a new Servant for Chaldea Boys for whatever reason.

And DW is slow at making new costumes. It took them 3 years for Salter to actually get her Shinjuku costume, and then you have other characters that have shown up in different clothes in the main story or events like Kiyohime, Elisabeth, Nobunaga, etc. who never got an usable alternate costume. They barely release alternate costumes that they already have designs for, so don't expect them to release a line of bridal costumes. The most you can expect are CEs like the formal dress CEs.

User Info: musumane

musumane
4 weeks ago#3
Nero Bride is from CCC, so they never "created " her for FGO.

I really feel like they are just trying to avoid any **** storms from putting a character in a wedding dress. Nero , lore wise, made sense, so they brought her over, but there are not a lot of servants lore wise that would work.
Only trolls say
TTGL is the best anime evar!!!!

User Info: hihi123hihi

hihi123hihi
4 weeks ago#4
musumane posted...
I really feel like they are just trying to avoid any **** storms from putting a character in a wedding dress.
I just remembered we have Fran as well, but that's because of lore reasons too.

User Info: BigStackPoker

BigStackPoker
4 weeks ago#5
The above replies are probably the main reason why, but that doesn't change the fact that other games do release holiday versions, summer versions, bride/groom versions... I do wish we had more of that as well. I'd love to see Christmas Eresh and Thanksgiving Ishtar... A banner with four or five rate up Christmas (just for example - it could just as easily be your bride suggestion) versions would have to "sell well," as we try either to collect them all or pull until we get our favorite. Seems like a missed opportunity.
FGO JP - Alpha Q Up 423,392,108 | BigStack 493,331,256
FGO NA - BSP 556,858,435 | Discord BigStackPoker#5708

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
4 weeks ago#6
So. I finished watching UBW a weekish ago.
And there was one part that had literally no explanation and it was just Saber in a wedding dress in a compromising pose.
And no one said anything about it or even tried to address it, like they all just acknowledged it was Caster's nonsense and nothing more.
What're the odds of that wedding dress getting in? Who knows, maybe they could tie it to an event and give actual context.
Unless the answer's just read the VN in which case I respectfully decline.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I'm just a Scrublord. I prefer casual games.

User Info: aliceroose

aliceroose
4 weeks ago#7
Unbound-King posted...
So. I finished watching UBW a weekish ago.
And there was one part that had literally no explanation and it was just Saber in a wedding dress in a compromising pose.
And no one said anything about it or even tried to address it, like they all just acknowledged it was Caster's nonsense and nothing more.
What're the odds of that wedding dress getting in? Who knows, maybe they could tie it to an event and give actual context.
Unless the answer's just read the VN in which case I respectfully decline.
This explains it quite well https://anime.stackexchange.com/questions/20629/why-is-saber-wearing-a-white-wedding-dress-and-why-was-she-posed-like-that/20630
FGO NA : 308,633,284 [Name: Rosevelt]
Melt is love, Melt is life<3

User Info: bdragan18

bdragan18
4 weeks ago#8
BigStackPoker posted...
The above replies are probably the main reason why, but that doesn't change the fact that other games do release holiday versions, summer versions, bride/groom versions... I do wish we had more of that as well. I'd love to see Christmas Eresh and Thanksgiving Ishtar... A banner with four or five rate up Christmas (just for example - it could just as easily be your bride suggestion) versions would have to "sell well," as we try either to collect them all or pull until we get our favorite. Seems like a missed opportunity.

I'm just as glad we don't. I already find the summer servants rather bland, from a creative standpoint. Interesting variations are cool (Alters can be overused, but many are distinct,) but sticking to seasonal/themed variants is boring. Thankfully, at this point I think Summer are the only themed servants that are Gacha locked.

Having said that, I think "Wedding servants" are a great idea for anniversary CEs.
Eh.

User Info: AceDarkValkyrie

AceDarkValkyrie
4 weeks ago#9
They need to make more costumes. Its really dumb how small the amount of costumes we have gotten tbh.
It's Zinie~

User Info: OverlordDeath

OverlordDeath
4 weeks ago#10
BigStackPoker posted...
Not sure if it's the same in other games, but at least here, the alt versions tend to make sense lore-wise. Most of the time, they're other Classes that the Servant actually could be summoned as lore-wise, just repurposed for whatever the events setting is. DWs pretty good at keeping things close to lore. There are probably a few exceptions, of course.

That said, yes Christmas Eresh yes yes yes. Or summer. Ishtar already has two/three alts, so she doesn't need another.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Beside Nero Bride, why didn't DW release more bride servant/costume?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A