• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. So how do you all feel about Pity/Safety Net after Skadi?

User Info: Crazy_Talk

Crazy_Talk
4 weeks ago#1
There was another topic about this a month ago:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/180151-fate-grand-order/78744419

and I wonder what you all think? I lurked around r/grandorder a bit before playing and even looked at some old posts, and I feel that the topic of a Pity System, aside from USOs, went from "How dare you mention that" to "Okay, maybe we need one, but there's little to justify one."

One of the main things I see is that even though it's possible for someone to spend 1000 Quartz and not get a single SSR, the main argument is "When the pity system arrives, powercreep happens. It's best that Pity is not here so the game can be beat with 1* and 2* servants."

I kinda agree, but I see it hard to justify a system based on FOMO because characters can go MIA for years at a time (not counting GSSR), especially when some are really good or fan favorites.

The game, however, does seem to be getting "more generous" as time goes on. From JP's 11-rolls and free single rolls after the 10th to the Free Non-Limited SSR Ticket, they are slowly trying to incorporate ways for new players to get started considering that the IP is the main thing people care about.

What do you all think? I've only been playing for 6 months and managed to get 3 SSRs (not including Achilles from GSSR), so maybe I'm the last person to complain when I ask for Pity systems, but I think it'll happen in 10 years or so (With the money this game is making, FGO2 isn't happening for a long time). Or at least adding some Limiteds to the General Pool.
Hope for the best, but expect nothing
DFFOO ID: 289961992

User Info: greycolors

greycolors
4 weeks ago#2
Anything would be better than what we have now. I've played a few other gachas, and few make getting as single target unit more difficult. Power creep isn't a concern for FGO since, you know, there's no PVP.

User Info: GrandConjuraton

GrandConjuraton
4 weeks ago#3
greycolors posted...
Anything would be better than what we have now. I've played a few other gachas, and few make getting as single target unit more difficult. Power creep isn't a concern for FGO since, you know, there's no PVP.
Besides that, old servants at least get upgrades every now and then. There are some servants that are obviously much more effective than others (I think everybody knows the ones who come to mind), but the upgrades have more or less kept every servant useful in their own ways, or at minimum, usable. In a game like FEH, launch characters that aren't fully merged and don't have premium fodder skills absolutely can't hold a candle to newer ones, and honestly, that's pretty sad. You're actively sabotaging yourself in that case by using gen 1 units.
You were the lugubrious spirit, the geist that warned this frozen silent storm
https://i.imgur.com/WXUtvXj.png

User Info: Hoid

Hoid
4 weeks ago#4
I stand by my original stance.

There is no reason except greed that a pity system has no yet been implemented into this game.
Toss a coin to your witcher, in year 2020.... in year 2020, oh OHHH ohhhhh!

User Info: Crazy_Talk

Crazy_Talk
4 weeks ago#5
GrandConjuraton posted...
Besides that, old servants at least get upgrades every now and then.
That's another thing. I get that some old servants are good, but what about just liking them? What if you like a character as a character more than their battle capabilities? Is is still okay of them to make servants gone for a long time and basically say "Didn't get them? Pay up now before they're gone for *cough* *cough* months!"
Hope for the best, but expect nothing
DFFOO ID: 289961992

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
4 weeks ago#6
I still support a slight revamp to the USO system but think that is about all we need. You should get a USO for burning a 5*, and I think drop it to 5. I don't think FGO needs the same type of pity system that other gachas have because servants do a good job staying relevant.

Crazy_Talk posted...
That's another thing. I get that some old servants are good, but what about just liking them? What if you like a character as a character more than their battle capabilities? Is is still okay of them to make servants gone for a long time and basically say "Didn't get them? Pay up now before they're gone for *cough* *cough* months!"

That I think is the larger issue I take with this. 2 years between is too long. Ok, its rng, I missed who I wanted, but come on... don't make me wait multiple years for another shot.

User Info: GrandConjuraton

GrandConjuraton
4 weeks ago#7
Crazy_Talk posted...
I've spent plenty of quartz on "bad" servants just because I enjoy them as a character, x.x . I put down around 300 quartz to get Scheherazade and haven't regretted it a bit simply because she's one of my favorite servants.
You were the lugubrious spirit, the geist that warned this frozen silent storm
https://i.imgur.com/WXUtvXj.png

User Info: ASCII1990

ASCII1990
4 weeks ago#8
Lol no, it will be like Magia Record when MadoKami first appear on NA. I tried and failed to get MadoKami as I was blocked by 4 SSR (3 pity).

I don't want pity system when I can only get SSR on every 100 rolls, give us increase of gacha rates instead.

User Info: DemonsSouls

DemonsSouls
4 weeks ago#9
Pretty sure most of the Gacha's with pity systems have them because there SSR equivalent are only good for a 1-3 months before they are far outstripped by new ones.

At least that is my experience with them.

User Info: greycolors

greycolors
4 weeks ago#10
I will say that FGO does kind of avoid having to chase stronger units constantly not just because of upgrades but because the op casters can kind of just let plenty of mid grade servants become serviceable. That along with the pretty robust support system means you don't even have to own any of the uber supports to get benefit from this. Because of that, you can just blow off like a years worth of servants and not really be worse for wear in terms of clearing stuff.

I will say though, that if I had to pick what gacha thing to change, I would pick access to rare CEs over a half baked pity system. But that's me because I have actually picked up most of who I aimed for but I'm nowhere near MLB Scope or BG...
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. So how do you all feel about Pity/Safety Net after Skadi?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A