• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. How do I win in the Grand Battle in Lost Belt #2: Gotterdammerung? (Sect. 16)

User Info: garyoak99

garyoak99
1 week ago#1
I always feared we would see a final boss battle where they would conveniently force us to use a trash support servant of their choosing just like what happened back in Shimousa and here we are!

I can take out the 1st break bar and I can probably break the 2nd break bar by using a command seal but there is absolutely no way my team has enough firepower to break all 3 bars of this boss!

I have tried my Euryale (grailed), Emiya, Merlin, Waver, the Support Servant and Mash team but it failed miserably. I also switched out Waver for David but I get similar results. This Boss like previous Saber bosses in the same Lost Belt is completely mental debuff immune meaning my Euryale's Charm effects are utterly useless as before!

To make matters worse, upon breaking his 1st bar, he casts an unremovable debuff that renders my Merlin's NP utterly useless!

How do I win in the Grand Battle in Lost Belt #2: Gotterdammerung? (1st part of Sect. 16)

Overcoming obstacles is one of life's greatest joys!

User Info: Ouragon

Ouragon
1 week ago#2
The support Sigurd is actually useful and his NP is buffed beyond what it normally is.
MH4U friend code - 3067 4846 0764 - Whim

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
1 week ago#3
I think the buff negation only eats a certain number of buffs. At least, that mechanic usually works this way. You should be able to throw buffs at it to get rid of it before using your important ones. Another thing to keep in mind is that he only hits front line servants with it. If you were to say use Euryale to break the first bar, you could just let her die and bring in a new servant (or let your whole front die).

You may be able to buff up Euryale and have her NP 3 times with command seals to kill him. You'll need to make sure she isn't going to die though because he hits her hard due to his anti-divine gimmick. Alternatively, flood your roster with archers and CS revive. Watch out for the skill seal when you break the 2nd bar.

There are more fights like this coming btw including some with forced npc + forced front line Mash.

garyoak99 posted...
This Boss like previous Saber bosses in the same Lost Belt is completely mental debuff immune meaning my Euryale's Charm effects are utterly useless as before!

Get use to this. It has become a common thing to stop Euryale from trivializing things.

User Info: Yggdrasil_8

Yggdrasil_8
1 week ago#4
Given the boss's ability to nullify buffs, I was lucky to have Nightingale to debuff his damage. You could try delaying a break until you get all your buffs up, or bring servants with attack debuffs to try and reduce his damage without relying on buffs. The Atlas MC was also really helpful to me.
3DS FC: 4682-8563-4928 Name: Jacob

User Info: CVGnaoki

CVGnaoki
1 week ago#5
Sigurd does get his trait bonus vs Surtr in addition to his special story buffs, so he's not *awful* there, but being Divine means Surtr does hurt him more. I just left the support as an anchor since his guts ideally gets you a second turn. Anyway, that anti-Divine bonus Surtr has means Euryale is on the back foot in that fight for sure.

Orion was my main DPS but there are other tanky archer options that I'd imagine might work like Tomoe, Fujino, or Anne. David/Tristan are both quite useful as usual, I know I took David and he was still standing (barely) by the end. There's no way to avoid that 3t buff block so you just have to account for it, blow any necessary skills right before the break and then ride out the turns. If you got GoA stacked just prior to that you should have a good amount of healing considering the story buffs. Definitely don't bother with an AOE like Emiya in that fight though, should be ST archers only. You can also try CEs to mitigate some of Surtr's damage or debuffs. Vessel of the Saint is a decent support CE that would keep them free of some burns, while Shroud of Magdalene gives special defense since Surtr is counted as male.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: GSenjou

GSenjou
1 week ago#6
Yeah, what the others said. Don't underestimate the support Sigurd, he does absolutely bonkers damage and one of the posters here actually solo'ed the boss with him.

Honestly, I just threw Archers at him. That seemed to work fine.
FGO: Aoba 798,571,229
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Goten55

Goten55
1 week ago#7
garyoak99 posted...
This Boss like previous Saber bosses in the same Lost Belt is completely mental debuff immune meaning my Euryale's Charm effects are utterly useless as before!
Welcome to the point of the game where DW decides to indirectly nerf Euryale and make Artemis look a lot better than she actually is.
Chaldea's Most Wanted - Summer BB: https://i.imgur.com/iIL5mBU.jpg and Bradamante https://i.imgur.com/7VHD6gx.jpg

User Info: BipBapBam

BipBapBam
1 week ago#8
I laughed when I saw every saber boss with immunity to mental debuffs. Euryale the Chad destroyer was too strong. And that's okay since Archuria can still loop them into submission.
Regardless of warnings, the future doesn't scare me at all.

User Info: ryochou

ryochou
1 week ago#9
I have done it with this setup to avoid that stupid buff denial

Front line: Kuro, Mozart, Sigurd
Back line: Mash, Merlin, Emiya
FGO ID: 242,982,462 lv100 NP5 Emiya & Bedi.
Leave me a PM if you want me to accept you.

User Info: Nexta

Nexta
1 week ago#10
If you have chloe or fujino the fight is very easily soloed. Euryale past a certain point can replicate this so I would suggest properly buffing Sigurd to take out as much of Surtr's HP as you can. David in the backline before Euryale can buy even more time for this purpose.

I find this post hilarious given that there's another post on the front page with a video of Sigurd hard carrying the fight.
at least not reddit
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. How do I win in the Grand Battle in Lost Belt #2: Gotterdammerung? (Sect. 16)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A