• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Should I roll for a higher NP level Dantes?

User Info: Soneillon

Soneillon
4 weeks ago#1
I am planning on saving up for Skadi within the coming months (much like everyone else) and I was wondering if I should roll for Dantes as well. I already have an NP5 Berserker Lancelot (through pure spooks) which I feel like would be more than enough for farming nodes in the near future.
I currently posses an NP1 Dantes as well which makes me wonder if I should use him over Lancelot.

I have looked into the "Skadi System" as well but couldn't find any specific answers for anything I was looking for. All I know is that a Lancelot Berserker (MLB KScope)/Skadi/Skadi and Fragments of 2004 (which I had grinded to level 10) is the best setup to make him loop without any switch outs/Arash.

User Info: Tressert

Tressert
4 weeks ago#2
NP5 Lancelot is pretty powerful and I don't think you really need NP2 Dantes since you have that. That said, NP1 Dantes is pretty insufficient, you'll find yourself dying before you can clear way too often. NP2 is HIGHLY recommended if you want to make Dantes work. And NP2 Dantes IS better than NP5 Lancelot, Lancelot is just sufficient for most of the stuff you want to do.

User Info: Demonrugal

Demonrugal
4 weeks ago#3
What's so great about Dantes is consistency AND versatility since he can farm with 50% NP CE. You need Plugsuit and your own Waver though. This boost up your dmg by a lot since you're not bounded by Scope and free up your slots so you can use any CEs.
Back to the topic, yes. You don't need Dantes because NP5 Berlot. But trying this anniversary GSSR or his banner this summer isn't bad idea, since him at NP2+ can do many magical things, I'd say.
Single Skadi is 50% battery.
Double Skadi is something else entirely!

User Info: Soneillon

Soneillon
4 weeks ago#4
Thanks for the replies! I'll try to go for an NP3 Dantes to maximize his "soft-cap" with his multipliers since I feel like NP4-5 would be a bit overkill and a waste of Saint Quartz in the future for other servants.

User Info: agtady

agtady
4 weeks ago#5
I always recommend NP2 for Dantes if you plan on using him at all.

There's no point to him at NP1 when Lancelot is a thing since farming capability is all you're going to get out of Dantes at that point.

Half of Dantes' value is being the best AOE pointman in the game for challenge quests, a function that Lancelot can't replicate, and that side of Dantes only appears at NP2+

Whether or not you should go for that depends on if you have other strong AOE pointmen for CQs. These include things like NP2+ Gil, Raikou, Ishtar, and eventually Arjuna Alter.

Lol at people who won't engage in discourse because their feelers were hurt. Btw IDGAF how you play your game.

User Info: Diabolocesper

Diabolocesper
4 weeks ago#6
agtady posted...
I always recommend NP2 for Dantes if you plan on using him at all.

There's no point to him at NP1 when Lancelot is a thing since farming capability is all you're going to get out of Dantes at that point.

Half of Dantes' value is being the best AOE pointman in the game for challenge quests, a function that Lancelot can't replicate, and that side of Dantes only appears at NP2+

So as an f2p who doesn't own a superscope, is going for np1 dantes even worth it. With my merlin I can do the cq's although it's probably gonna take more turns.

I'm planning to go all out for skadi.

Luck frickin E
Fgo na 929,414,872

User Info: agtady

agtady
4 weeks ago#7
Diabolocesper posted...
So as an f2p who doesn't own a superscope, is going for np1 dantes even worth it. With my merlin I can do the cq's although it's probably gonna take more turns.

I'm planning to go all out for skadi.

No, just grab Lancelot from a ticket when you can.
Lol at people who won't engage in discourse because their feelers were hurt. Btw IDGAF how you play your game.

User Info: StillPainting

StillPainting
4 weeks ago#8
NP2 is the biggest jump for most Servants I've seen. You don't need to dump quartz into Dantes since you have Lancelot Zerker at 5, however, Dantes at higher NP operates faster than a high NP Lancelot with less clicking to skills to wave clear with Skadi&Waver.

I recommend NP2 Dantes as his base. As frugal as your savings allow it, I would do it just for a challenge quest backup or lazier farming. Not needed since you have Lancelot NP5, just a question you have to ask yourself and your quartz savings.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Should I roll for a higher NP level Dantes?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A