• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Hey all, got a question since they are coming soon. Ivan or Achillies?

User Info: MageOfFlowers

MageOfFlowers
2 days ago#11
Achilles is generally named the second best Skadi farmer next to Edmond (and arguably Lancelot if you have a MaxScope). If you're gunning for her, go for Achilles. If not, Ivan is better imo.

And that comes from someone that basically uses SkaskaAchilles for everything non Assassin related on JP
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: CVGnaoki

CVGnaoki
2 days ago#12
Achilles is more flexible when it comes to being able to farm or tackle hard content so I'd definitely go with him. Don't even need double Skadi.

User Info: Fiz

Fiz
2 days ago#13
Awesome great input from everyone im still on the fence but will definitely be taken closer look in to what everyone has to say.

Just so everyone knows before they ask I do Not own a Merlin and I dont plan to roll for Skadi , I DO own a Waver but i try not to use him. I do own 1 MLB K scope, and 4 normal ones, I own 4 black grails need 1 more to break. I own 1 2030 non MLB. I am working on getting my Atlanta bond ess shes only at 7 bond atm and same for that assasian from agartha? The poison Zei? I know her bond ess helps ppl said shes like a semi skadi with no battery to give someone. but increases quick and then her bond helps is this all correct?

I guess since im missing a servant that can remove buffs/ or muiltible buffs from the enemys is why im more on the fence to be honest since i dont own Amakusa .
PSN: WngZero_custom- Prisma Islands-The Official Poison Gym Leader
omega ruby( Im a guy btw) : IGN :Tifa fc: 4270-3981-0173( the name is from FF7)

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
1 day ago#14
Fiz posted...
Just so everyone knows before they ask I do Not own a Merlin and I dont plan to roll for Skadi , I DO own a Waver but i try not to use him. I do own 1 MLB K scope, and 4 normal ones, I own 4 black grails need 1 more to break. I own 1 2030 non MLB.

Ok, so you're more in the camp of intentionally using weaker, non-traditional teams. Completely fine, but also very relevant so I'm glad you mentioned it. I am changing my recommendation to Ivan.

Achilles imo offers a lot of team utility through his taunt+invuln, but this is more to protect your support casters. The coverage window for it is also quite small at 1 turn in 6. Achilles can make stars for you, but that is going to be active star gen.

Ivan has enemy attack down + buff removal both of which are good damage mitigation for your team and the latter helps you land your damage. If your plans tend toward putting slightly synergistic damage dealers together, this is probably going to get you further than the 1 in 6 turn bail out Achilles offers. Ivan also has a buster down debuff and passive star skill which can boost damage from other damage dealers in less traditional teams. Buster in this kind of team situation is really just better than quick. You'll get more out of running multiple BBAAQ decks just from inherent card values.

Fiz posted...
I am working on getting my Atlanta bond ess shes only at 7 bond atm and same for that assasian from agartha? The poison Zei? I know her bond ess helps ppl said shes like a semi skadi with no battery to give someone. but increases quick and then her bond helps is this all correct?

No. You've been mislead. Atlante has a 1 turn quick buff on a 5 turn CD, and she steals stars like crazy. It is true that her NP makes stars, but her NP gen is weak except off the NP itself. Atlante as a semi-support is bad. It is true that early on NA people used her that way, but the big difference is that 1 turn damage use to be all that mattered. Combine that with the rarity of quick buffs that weren't self only, and throwing Atlante in for a burst turn seems perfectly fine. Having Atlante sit there didn't matter if you just instantly blew something up. Now we have break bars. If you really want a semi--support for that, you need Wu. Both are still bad options because they don't give either speed or survivability. I think you'd be better off with like Achilles + Tristan + defensive support. Throwing in servants who are really damage dealers as supports is not really the best idea. Nobody is there to stop your line from folding, and you're team preferences are opting you out of the speed boosts that can get you around this.

Skadi is incomparable to Atlante. It isn't just the battery. Her quick buff is 3 turns. The secondary effect means quick card damage can actually do something. She offers a lot of damage mitigation through her 2nd skill and NP, and the latter includes enemy NP protection. Atlante has 1 skill which offers half of the effects of Skadi's skill for a single turn. If that is semi-Skadi to you, I really don't know what to say...
(edited 1 day ago)

User Info: TommyI916

TommyI916
1 day ago#15
Just found out who has been stealing all my kscopes. We have similar amounts of those other CEs (on average between my accounts), but I have 1 kscope between the three. Why are you doing your boy dirty like that? Share the wealth, bro!!! =D
FGO JP - Alpha Q Up 423,392,108 | BigStack 493,331,256
FGO NA - BSP 556,858,435 | Discord BigStackPoker#5708

User Info: Nuerogenesis

Nuerogenesis
1 day ago#16
Value aside in my personal experience on JP Achilles is way more fun to use, even without Skadi, which is imo the most important thing if you like both characters.
(edited 1 day ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Hey all, got a question since they are coming soon. Ivan or Achillies?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A