• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. FGO Fest stream set for 3/22

User Info: AndyYagami

AndyYagami
1 week ago#141
What are everyone's thoughts about the buffs? Seems like Mordred got the best but like Goraishi said, it makes Arthur even LESS recommendable.
If that's how it's going to be... I'll snuff them all out! Every last one of your sickening, happy little reasons for living!

User Info: Zilong17

Zilong17
1 week ago#142
I actually prefer Arthur's for the larger star dump and universal crit buff. Neither of them have a particularly notable buff, ST-card damage buffs on AoE units is kinda meh for me.

Amakusa's buff is probably the one I like best since it makes him more consistent but I don't think it actually changes his performance much, so I'll call Vlad the winner since his buff is both significant and aligned with his design interests.
"I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength in futility and vanity; yet my vindication is with the LORD, and my reward is with my God." Isa 49:4

AndyYagami
1 week ago#143
Zilong17 posted...
I actually prefer Arthur's for the larger star dump and universal crit buff. Neither of them have a particularly notable buff, ST-card damage buffs on AoE units is kinda meh for me.

Amakusa's buff is probably the one I like best since it makes him more consistent but I don't think it actually changes his performance much, so I'll call Vlad the winner since his buff is both significant and aligned with his design interests.
Does the 30% really help him? Early tests I've seen show that he still has a super rough time actually getting to his NP without outside charge. Be happy to know I'm wrong though. Always like Vlad's voicework and NP animation.
If that's how it's going to be... I'll snuff them all out! Every last one of your sickening, happy little reasons for living!

User Info: Zilong17

Zilong17
1 week ago#144
AndyYagami posted...
Does the 30% really help him? Early tests I've seen show that he still has a super rough time actually getting to his NP without outside charge. Be happy to know I'm wrong though. Always like Vlad's voicework and NP animation.

I dunno if it actually fully alleviates the issue. I'm not a fan of Zerker Vlad (much preferred him as a Lancer from Apo, I don't like either FGO Vlad) and don't have a copy to test myself, but I appreciate that they came up with a buff that actually targets both of Vlad's issues and made notable progress towards alleviating them, even if they don't actually manage a full repair.
"I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength in futility and vanity; yet my vindication is with the LORD, and my reward is with my God." Isa 49:4

AndyYagami
1 week ago#145
Zilong17 posted...
I dunno if it actually fully alleviates the issue. I'm not a fan of Zerker Vlad (much preferred him as a Lancer from Apo, I don't like either FGO Vlad) and don't have a copy to test myself, but I appreciate that they came up with a buff that actually targets both of Vlad's issues and made notable progress towards alleviating them, even if they don't actually manage a full repair.
That's a really good point. Even if it's not *perfect* they seem to understand his issues at least.

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
1 week ago#146
AndyYagami posted...

I don't think needing outside charge is necessarily an issue on its own. How well can he loop with say double Bride / Chen into 2 more supports? That is expensive, but it is basically the bar quick teams are looking at when you're looking at higher end setups.

Zilong17 posted...

I completely agree it is meh either way. Upon further thought, I think I agree with you. If Mordred's absorb lasted more than 1 turn, I'd say she wins handily. For single turn, 30 stars is so close to cap that it hardly matters that he doesn't pair an absorb unless you have absolutely no stars. Even with the absorb for Mordred, if you have absolutely no stars when you hit the skill, you're still not guaranteed a crit. So yeah, probably essentially a wash on buster crits where Arthur gets a boost to arts/quick.

User Info: Tressert

Tressert
1 week ago#147
Even though Arthur's buff might have been better, I think Mordred's still the better Servant overall. She still has an interlude and refund memes hanging over his head which was always much more valuable than anything he can do. Now she just infringes on his already very limited niche (big crits on an AoE unit)

AndyYagami
1 week ago#148
Tressert posted...
Even though Arthur's buff might have been better, I think Mordred's still the better Servant overall. She still has an interlude and refund memes hanging over his head which was always much more valuable than anything he can do. Now she just infringes on his already very limited niche (big crits on an AoE unit)
Ouch. Poor Arthur is gonna need a LOT to bring him up to tier.

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
1 week ago#149
Raids are up. Wrecking Jack with MHXA. I killed her several times before I looked at the damage I was doing which was double her hp. I apparently don't even have to fully buff.

I just realized that I'm getting silver coins so fast, I should probably be running +QP% CEs instead. Would people prefer to see the +15% CE on support Skadis?

Tressert posted...

Oh for sure, no contest. Arthur is still s***. Mordred's higher NP damage, better battery, OC NP charge, having a survival skill, and buff removal make her the clear winner. Arthur was worse than Mordred by a mile before Mordred's buff.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Demonrugal

Demonrugal
1 week ago#150
Jack has basically 1m more raid HP this time. Got lotsss of QP and all the mats I need. Also 200k pts more to complete the ladder.

(In Rose's voice) : Thank you, Jack.

Huh? This is not Titanic? Oh well.
Single Skadi is 50% battery.
Double Skadi is something else entirely!
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. FGO Fest stream set for 3/22
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A