• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Did Jalter's flag clip into Merlin's face before his animation update?

User Info: DarkKirby2500

DarkKirby2500
4 weeks ago#1
I don't know if it happened before but I just didn't notice, maybe I'm just looking at Merlin harder because his animations are a lot flashier now, but I'm noticing now that Jalter's flag clips into Merlin's face.

Other things: Did Merlin get bigger?

Is Merlin's NP faster? I feel like it is, but it's not like I've timed it against the old one.
The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. Those who seek justice are at the greatest risk of losing sight of it.

User Info: GSenjou

GSenjou
4 weeks ago#2
He did get bigger, or rather, properly scaled with the newer JP servants.

It is faster. I haven't compared the short versions yet, but the new NP animation only takes about 16 secs as opposed to the old one's 21 secs.
FGO: Aoba 798,571,229

User Info: AoNoise

AoNoise
4 weeks ago#3
Yes. All of the above.

I'm finding it hard to appreciate his new sprite. Forcing me to upgrade my phone soon because he is being very taxing on my framerate.
FC: 0104 3985 2263 // IGN: Trigger (Y/AS/S)
http://goo.gl/xhLP37 - BR/Shinies/Events

DarkKirby2500
4 weeks ago#4
GSenjou posted...
He did get bigger, or rather, properly scaled with the newer JP servants.

Oh, is everyone getting bigger?

Jalter is short, but after the update she looks pretty tiny next to Merlin.

I'm not sure of this, but I think I was told the 1 "animation update" Jalter got was to make her shorter to be more proportional to her correct size.
The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. Those who seek justice are at the greatest risk of losing sight of it.

User Info: NightKaiser21

NightKaiser21
4 weeks ago#5
I feel like his hair whips around more after the renewal. That, or he uses Herbal Essence like in those commercials.
"There is a fine line between pleasure and self-destruction."
https://card.psnprofiles.com/2/DarkEater21.png

User Info: GSenjou

GSenjou
4 weeks ago#6
DarkKirby2500 posted...
Oh, is everyone getting bigger?
Sort of, they scaled up the models a bit to fit real looking proportions and add more detail, so older, less detailed "bobblehead" servants look smaller in comparison.

I don't recall Jalter's update making her smaller. Iirc, it fixed some minor texture issue. Honestly, I looked at the comparison ages ago and I could barely tell the difference.
FGO: Aoba 798,571,229

User Info: Nuerogenesis

Nuerogenesis
4 weeks ago#7
AoNoise posted...
he is being very taxing on my framerate.

He feels much smoother post update on my s8.

DarkKirby2500
4 weeks ago#8
AoNoise posted...
Yes. All of the above.

Just to be clear because I'm not sure if you mean this along with the other changes, does this include Jalter's flag clipping into Merlin's face before the animation update too?

User Info: nghiango1989

nghiango1989
4 weeks ago#9
Jalter's flag can already cut through someone's face occasionally if they stand a certain height:
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/6/3/7/AARnGXAAAOUN.jpg
That was from a youtube video in JP 2017 before Merlin's animation renewal.

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/6/3/8/AARnGXAAAOUO.jpg
And this is after Merlin's recent animation renewal in NA.
"Did you call me a demon? Fu, ufufu, ufufufufufu! That's right! Return to the primeval hell! ULTIMATE GODDESS BEAM!" (Astarte Origin's NP line)

DarkKirby2500
4 weeks ago#10
Ah, so it always happened. I just wasn't paying attention.

Merlin's NP being faster is really nice though, as I see that NP more than any other NP.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Did Jalter's flag clip into Merlin's face before his animation update?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A