• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Rabbit's Reviews #253: Nightingale (Santa) (4* Archer)

User Info: MaidKnight404

MaidKnight404
1 week ago#21
Availability really only hurts carmilla here. We JUST had a pick ticket with lanling, lakshmi, chiron, and others. I'm like the opposite of a veteran, but that ticket was very beneficial once I have the materials.

Admittedly shes the only one with a heal.

Hm.

Santagale, Osakabe, Skadi for slow quick? As oxymoronic as that sounds?
My Fate/Grand Order (JP) Friend Bind is 484,416,786 (Vasche)
(edited 1 week ago)
MaidKnight404 posted...
Availability really only hurts carmilla here. We JUST had a pick ticket with lanling, lakshmi, chiron, and others. I'm like the opposite of a veteran, but that ticket was very beneficial once I have the materials.

Admittedly shes the only one with a heal.

Hm.

Santagale, Osakabe, Skadi for slow quick? As oxymoronic as that sounds?
Needs more damage. That team would get eaten by face cards.
If that's how it's going to be... I'll snuff them all out! Every last one of your sickening, happy little reasons for living!

User Info: SaberCherry

SaberCherry
1 week ago#23
DemiseEnd posted...
Shes similar to Rider Ishtar in that while shes not min maxed shes generally good and i always find Rider Ishtar much more useful than Drake when doing my farming stuff anyway

I get that Rishtar's neat, but... care to explain? I have NP3 Drake and I don't actually use her when farming since I have Surfdred now, but I used to. It's not clear to me how Rishtar can fill that role without a battery. Are you looping her? Actually I kind of forgot about her after the event was over.
FGO NA (Sakura): 251638528. Lolidusa, Okita, Ishtar, Scathach, Ozy, Waver, Jack, Raikou, Ruler Martha
only con I have on her is "merry xmas" at end of np stupid looking. trap saber has xmas dialog but only for the event. y no that for nurse?
Safety Kaijou!

MaidKnight404
1 week ago#25
zangatsubankai posted...
Needs more damage. That team would get eaten by face cards.

That's a shame. I thought I was on to something with the heal, defense buffs, and party dodge. Not that I personally have osaka assassin anyway. I have archer, who is a buster np arts crit.

If it's more damage that's needed, then I guess...empress wu?
MaidKnight404 posted...
That's a shame. I thought I was on to something with the heal, defense buffs, and party dodge. Not that I personally have osaka assassin anyway. I have archer, who is a buster np arts crit.

If it's more damage that's needed, then I guess...empress wu?
Try it out next tough quest we get. Only you can decide the sweet spot between risk and reward for yourself. I'm willing to gamble on futzy Hijikata comps myself but I know a lot of people aren't.
If that's how it's going to be... I'll snuff them all out! Every last one of your sickening, happy little reasons for living!

MaidKnight404
1 week ago#27
Well thats fair. I'll see how much I can farm this lotto. If I'm lucky I might get a few servants cq-ready. If not, well at least my farming team's damage buffs are getting leveled.

My issue with Nightingale is that her kit tries to do too may things at once, and ends up not doing well in any of them. Any one aspect of her kit can be done better by another support.

Serious question, which? We've already established her amping is legitimately the highest you're gonna get out of any agnostic support (and indeed, third highest period for Quick after Skadi and Wu Zetian IIRC, the latter of which only exceeds her against a single target, even when we throw bond CEs into the mix). Her buff wiping is also best in class because she has it both on NP AND skill (and anyone who thinks purging offensive buffs is bad did not get buzzsawed by Saberlot in Dark Rounds. Turns out Knight of Owner still melts s*** on enemy side!). Her team burst healing is the best out of anyone in the game except for Medea Lily, who has a host of other issues that make her bad to use. She has the second best starburst potential out of all the Lakshmiclones after Barti, because Full Burst Assault Party drops a minimum of 18 stars due to hitting six times per unit. Setting aside looping (which she deliberately doesn't let you do because quick looping is degenerate), what else could any support leaning servant offer to be more appealing? This isn't a situation where a unit is going all-in on a gimmick and if that doesn't work then tough luck. At the most basic level, Archingale offers 50% NP boosting, 50% crit boosting and a guts, if absolutely none of her..what, four different forms of extra utility work? At that point you might as well just say 'if it doesn't help with the trilooping dream, hard trash' which is a preposterous take, IMO.
Shine on, you crazy diamond.
(edited 1 week ago)

MaidKnight404
1 week ago#29
Oh god shes super cute when she blushes though hnnnng

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/0/4/5/AAeXx3AAABuF.jpg
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Tressert

Tressert
1 week ago#30
Personally I think that if you can't loop (or at least blitz) and you can't stall then you're not in good shape, and Night doesn't really contribute to either of those. She has guts I guess.

Damage amping alone isn't a very big deal, and the other stuff she offers is either trickier to use (starburst on an active NP...?) or more situational (as was stated, debuffs tend to be more dangerous in bulk and Night has no way to deal with that). The fact that Night has "four different kinds of utility" is kind of the problem- she has four different kinds of utility but only goes one foot in on each of them to the point that none of them are super worthwhile. Debuff removal, for example, as a concept is valuable, but not when it's gimped down to such a degree.

I could see her being pretty nice for Parvati or maybe Dantes teams. Parv doesn't really need the help looping but is lacking in damage. Dantes... doesn't really need either but more damage is more damage.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Rabbit's Reviews #253: Nightingale (Santa) (4* Archer)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers