• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Rabbit's Reviews #253: Nightingale (Santa) (4* Archer)
Nightingale (Santa) (4* Archer)

https://i.imgur.com/wOd9U5A.png

It feels as if 2019 has involved a lot of effort on the part of the game’s developers to democratize Quick, with the addition of a few useful low-rarity Quick units (Barti and Paris), a pair of type-neutral full supports who can slot into certain Quick teams (Asclepius and Jinako), the nonsense that is Chen Gong, and a plethora of gacha SRs who make for interesting single-Skadi teams. Santa Night caps off this trend, roughly matching the utility of the Lakshmibai-likes, but with the added benefits of being entirely free and packing very high AoE damage. If you have the tools for high-investment top-end Quick setups, Night won’t do much for you, but if you like to run low-to-mid-range Quick setups, she has the potential to be a godsend.

https://gamepress.gg/grandorder/rabbits-reviews-253-nightingale-santa-4-archer
And as imagination bodies forth the forms of things unknown, the poet's pen turns them to shapes and gives to airy nothing a local habitation and a name.

User Info: Dishware

Dishware
4 days ago#2
My poor JP ass is using her + Jinako + Chen Gong + Double Skadi to 3-T the Saber node with the event CE all the while praying an arts chain drops in T1 or T2.

Having to improvise to make s***ty comps work... oh boy. Well, she's a solid medicore I guess, but I like her.

User Info: greycolors

greycolors
4 days ago#3
Would rather have had santa Helena.

As a unit Nightingale's one use buff removal/debuff removal effect is quite weird. Her semi support buffs are solid, but I don't know. She's quite niche all around.

User Info: MrSmokestack

MrSmokestack
4 days ago#4
greycolors posted...
As a unit Nightingale's one use buff removal/debuff removal effect is quite weird. Her semi support buffs are solid, but I don't know. She's quite niche all around.
This

I really dislike that her first skill only removes a single buff and debuff from each unit. Realistically there is usually more than a single buff that needs to be removed.
"Have you considered you may not be colorblind, but color-dumb?"- KanzarisKelshen

User Info: zangatsubankai

zangatsubankai
4 days ago#5
MrSmokestack posted...
This

I really dislike that her first skill only removes a single buff and debuff from each unit. Realistically there is usually more than a single buff that needs to be removed.
Or, at least a way to tell which buff/debuff it removes
If that's how it's going to be... I'll snuff them all out! Every last one of your sickening, happy little reasons for living!

User Info: MaidKnight404

MaidKnight404
4 days ago#6
She looks gorgeous, but...maybe not so useful? I have np2 atalante and np3 jane for quick archers, and of course the buster meme himself gilgamesh who can st servants on an aoe np. On the other hand, I did miss skadi because her damn banner ended a week and several hours early (and I'm still bitter) so I'd have to run pauper quick if at all. In that case would MHX/Diarmuid/Atalante/Parvati, Santagale, and Jane or Chiron with the other available for plugsuit swapping be a good party for variety's sake?

And where would bart and chen fit in? Oh, I have wu and asclepius too. Lots of potential picks for single skadi.
My Fate/Grand Order (JP) Friend Bind is 484,416,786 (Vasche)
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: SaberCherry

SaberCherry
4 days ago#7
MrSmokestack posted...
greycolors posted...
This

Your comments are misleading; I thought she removed a buff in exchange for removing a debuff on the same target, which would be garbage. But rather, to be clear, she has an AOE remove buff on enemies and AOE remove debuff on allies, which I think is pretty awesome. Plus AOE 3k heal on a 5-turn cooldown, which would be a decent skill in and of itself. On the same skill, with no sandbags. For current US standards, I'd call that pretty incredible.

She has a targetable guts which doubles as NP buff. With 100% buff removal resistance, in case you didn't think it was good enough. I'd call that pretty incredible too, by current US standards.

She has Charisma which doubles as a crit damage boost, for the whole party. Let's consider Artoria Lancer Alter. She gets Charisma E, with +12% AOE ATK. It may just be me, but I think +20% AOE ATK and +30% AOE Crit is better.

What do you expect from a free NP5 Servant? She's about as good as I can possibly imagine. She's double the Servant that most 1st-gen Servants are, since all of her skills fill double the roles.

FGO avoided power creep for a long time, but it is pretty obviously present now.
FGO NA (Sakura): 251638528. Lolidusa, Okita, Ishtar, Scathach, Ozy, Waver, Jack, Raikou, Ruler Martha

User Info: greycolors

greycolors
4 days ago#8
Sorry if my wording was bad. I kind of assumed people would have already read her skills before seeing my comment though, so they would know what I'm talking about.

Party debuff removal and enemy party buff removal are both great, it's just that removing one buff that's not under your control is much more niche. Usually if you're actually bringing buff removal or debuff removal it's because either something totally debilitating hit you or the enemy is stacking on crazy numbers of like crit buffs. Night's skill won't really solve either very well, as you can't control what buffs/debuffs you remove very well and you won't remove a stack of buffs that's going out of hand.

I really don't think her buffs are powercreep. Like, for allies a lot of servants already do stuff like double charisma and another damage amp. I'm thinking of Wu and lancer Liz off the top of my head. They tend to always be ok as just an extra set of buffs, but never really amazing. I really don't think she's the strongest welfare at all, considering Kintoki and Chloe are around. She is the most dedicated support welfare besides Irisviel, who's bad, so that's cool at least.

Edit: also, as a support she's an archer, so she's a really annoying crit support that will eat your stars. Bummer.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: MsParadox

MsParadox
4 days ago#9
I hope this isn't off topic, but between Atalanta (NP1) and Nightingale, which one would be better to use? Or are they not really comparable? For context, I unfortunately lack a Skadi of my own. I kind of like both of them, so I would probably use both of them whenever I feel like, but I was a bit curious which one would be considered better.
PSN: Nullk
O Heretic, swathed in Dark... An eternal curse upon thee...

User Info: DemiseEnd

DemiseEnd
4 days ago#10
Her buff value isnt power creep but it is very high for something that covers both NP and crit on a global level. That being said even on that area shes not at the very top

The Golden standard we have right now was Chiron who boosts your NP damage by 30% and crit by 95%. Night is 56% on Crit and NP damage. Chiron also boosts NP gain since he did it on card

Lanlin Wang is 44% NP, 116% arts crit and 80% general crit

Raikou is 68% on Buster NP and crit

Etc

Shes still a really solid unit as a whole for various reason. 1.8 arts card is great. 2.4 quick card lefts you wishing it was better but not really unworkable when you have 1.8 arts. 3.6 refill while not "loop area" is still decent. Teamwide 56% crit make her great for low end casual usage and her NP hits like a freight train solo

Shes similar to Rider Ishtar in that while shes not min maxed shes generally good and i always find Rider Ishtar much more useful than Drake when doing my farming stuff anyway

Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it.
3ds fc:3823-9549-3094 - Ice > Fire
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Rabbit's Reviews #253: Nightingale (Santa) (4* Archer)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers