• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Questions on CasGil

User Info: Comradecommi

Comradecommi
1 week ago#1
So the recent Babylonia banner was really kind to me, netting me the last 2 gils needed for NP5.
What are his best CE choices? Currently he's equipped with Formalcraft for its all-round purposes.
What teammates does he pair well with, i know of Saberlot but are there other servants that stand out in a teamcomp with mr. overworked?

And while i'm here, does clearing the cache or re-installing the app reduce the size it is on my phone?

User Info: u3br

u3br
1 week ago#2
For CEs, 2030, Poster Girl, or Kaleidoscope

He's there to support via his NP and skills

The question is how quickly you want him to NP, and how long you want him to stick around

He gets the job done as a damage dealer when the quest isn't hard, but it's not his strong suit and there are (too) many aoe arts casters (period) that do it better than him
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: MrSmokestack

MrSmokestack
1 week ago#3
Comradecommi posted...
And while i'm here, does clearing the cache or re-installing the app reduce the size it is on my phone?
It makes you download everything again. Don't do it.

For Caster Gil I roll with a taunt CE like GUDAGUDA Poster Girl. I don't use anything else.
DID YOU KNOW THAT NINETY-SEVEN PERCENT OF ALL LIVING THINGS ON PANDORA AREN'T EXPLODING RIGHT NOW? THAT'S BULLS***, BUY TORGUE! -Mr. Torgue

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
1 week ago#4
MrSmokestack posted...
It makes you download everything again. Don't do it.

It makes you download some things but not everything.

2030, kscope, HRP are my main choices. PG is good too, but I've found my self suiciding other buffers. If the plan is to defense stack and keep him around, more stars is pretty good. I've never tried prisma, but maybe that could work. His star buff does have decent downtime though.

User Info: Executor15

Executor15
1 week ago#5
2030 is my goto choice
As for offensive servants, any Arts based servant that relies on crit damage: Archer Emiya, Chloe, Shiki, Saberlot on the top of my mind. Don't use him on Arts stall, he's not meant for that

The other support servants that he pairs up well are the usuals: Waver, Tamamo, Mash, taunters ect.
3DS FC: 4742-7681-7278
"All religious people are animals." out of context quote from me

User Info: Nuerogenesis

Nuerogenesis
1 week ago#6
His Bond CE is pretty good too, with he it provides an arts buff, charisma and NP buff on his own.

I don't use art teams much, but I use him with Demiya most of the time, and a few times with BB.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: alexbanning

alexbanning
6 days ago#7
I really love CasGil and use him pretty much whenever and wherever I can.

For CEs, I find that 2030 helps a lot to stabilize and strengthen his star contribution. The team can break 50 with King's return up, but now that overage carries forward, there isn't much downside and it helps stabilize things when it is on cooldown. Alternatively, for some fights His Rightful Place is better, helping get the defense boost and debuff up sooner while still providing some star stability.

His Bond CE is interesting in that it completes the trifecta with Sovereign of Wands and Charisma and he can benefit from all three effects along with your DPS (and other support if you're running someone like Edison or Jinako). That said, bond farming is really a grind and I'd usually pick passive star gen first.

Gil mostly gets used for arts crit, but he also gives a modest defense boost and decent debuff rate up. Edison is an interesting partner with passive star gen and a pretty solid attack and crit down (particularly if he OCs himself). Neither of them have healing, but the defense up/attack down adds up and protects from stray crits. Mash can also be a partner for this type of strategy, as can Hans (though his defense up can miss, he also brings healing, stars, and a crit amp, which all synergize well).

For DPSes, I my experience has been:

Kerry - insane hit counts play very well with King's Return, and his arts crits are pretty solid with Gil's buffs and affection of the grail
Munenori - attack down makes Gil's defense up more significant and he benefits from everything else Gil brings to the table
BB - her stun is already pretty reliable, but the boost can make a difference vs MR, she likes arts boosts, she likes stars
Fionn - his Clairvoyance is really nice with Gil's Arts up and star gen up, plus their NPs are pretty tepid on defense separately but noticeable together, particularly if you are spamming NPs and arts crits
SurMo - can loop with Gil and Tama and has enough hit counts on her own NP to rain stars. In general if they have arts leaning decks/NPs and high hit counts, they can usually benefit pretty well.
EMIYA - it's a weird team, but with FL or native Merlin, it's actually pretty good. You need to pay attention to timing on Hawkeye/King's Return and Hawkeye/Hero Creation, but the boost to attack and arts makes EMIYA's non-Buster crits hit way harder and the two sources of star gen up and two 10-hit AoE NPs make for ample star explosions. EMIYA also has the forgettable attack down on his NP, which is actually kind of nice with Gil (debuff success up and defense up), though not a game changer.

Unless you need another MC for some sort of quest gimmick, I'll almost always take Atlas. Unless you have a VERY long fight, it pretty completely solves his cooldown issue.

User Info: MrSmokestack

MrSmokestack
6 days ago#8
If you use Caster Gil in front, he’ll probably do best with a 2030 while another support holds Prisma Cosmos. Even at Lv 10 King’s Return has a long cooldown.

Goraishi posted...
It makes you download some things but not everything.
My mistake.

Keep in mind that Caster Gil is good on NA because he provides the largest boost to NP damage of the other Arts supports—he sports a buff value of 1.57. If you are madlad enough to get his Bond CE that shoots up to a respectable 1.89.
Eventually Tamamo will get her strengthen for a 1.95 buff value outclassing Gil in the damage boosting. Running Gil in front becomes more taxing in the more recent content if you can’t blitz too. But every Arts team suffers from that.
DID YOU KNOW THAT NINETY-SEVEN PERCENT OF ALL LIVING THINGS ON PANDORA AREN'T EXPLODING RIGHT NOW? THAT'S BULLS***, BUY TORGUE! -Mr. Torgue

User Info: MageOfFlowers

MageOfFlowers
6 days ago#9
Give him Formalcraft, Black Grail or Cute Orangette for maximum meme potential, then throw a stupid amount of buffs at him and kill every low to mid health assassin in sight

User Info: Nuerogenesis

Nuerogenesis
6 days ago#10
alexbanning posted...
but now that overage carries forward,

Sadly it doesn't.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Questions on CasGil
  • Post New Message