• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Is it just me or is Agartha written really, really badly?

User Info: Charocks

Charocks
1 week ago#1
I'm not trying to get political but it seems like it was written by a rabid ultra-feminist with a loose grasp of history. Rider's bio has a very clear bias against him. I've enjoyed everything else so far but this serms pretty far out in left-field.
06/11/19 - The day Smash truly became Ultimate
GT - AN EWOKS WRATH

User Info: DreikoSaMa

DreikoSaMa
1 week ago#2
Charocks posted...
I'm not trying to get political but it seems like it was written by a rabid ultra-feminist with a loose grasp of history. Rider's bio has a very clear bias against him. I've enjoyed everything else so far but this serms pretty far out in left-field.

I was thrown aback by Da Vinci's description of Rider's origins in that one part, for sure. Though I was unable to find a visual log of the Japanese version to compare how much of it is accurate and how much isn't. Based on how the story goes it's definitely gonna be pretty damn negative either way though,I'd be surprised if they did anything more than add a bit of extra overdramatization to his description.
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/609/simplebeauty.jpg
<3
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: OverlordDeath

OverlordDeath
1 week ago#3
Agartha seems to be generally regarded as the worst EoR, after all.

User Info: CVGnaoki

CVGnaoki
1 week ago#4
It's cool that Rider sucks and is a piece of s*** imo, basically no other servant in the series gets that treatment.

DreikoSaMa
1 week ago#5
OverlordDeath posted...
Agartha seems to be generally regarded as the worst EoR, after all.

The things with Drake and Megalos and even little Wu was fun but overall the important servants ended up being the least interesting ones sadly lol.
<3

User Info: Kneekicker

Kneekicker
1 week ago#6
Columbus' villainous depiction in Agartha doesn't match up exactly with more modern interpretations of him, though I don't think neither he nor Agartha itself was written badly. Flawed, but not to the extent of calling it bad.

Making Columbus a guy who adamantly sticks to the old values of his times is a pretty good way of making him unique, and I love him for it. I wouldn't mind the teased Columbus Alter or Columbus Lily becoming real things though.
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6117-3933 | PSN: ansonip2000 | Steam: Kneekicker
Official Take-Mikazuchi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.

User Info: Zinie95

Zinie95
1 week ago#7
It's bad but lol reading TC's salty tears over "feminist" makes me want it even more left now.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: MasterChaos45

MasterChaos45
1 week ago#8
CVGnaoki posted...
It's cool that Rider sucks and is a piece of s*** imo, basically no other servant in the series gets that treatment.
You're right in that there a few truly irredemable scum villains in FGO, only other ones I can think of is maybe Lynor and Kiara.

User Info: Charocks

Charocks
1 week ago#9
@Kneekicker
What bugs me is that there are tyrants, conquerors, and madmen like Nero, Vlad III, and Napoleon who did horrible things to many people but they are portrayed in a more positive manner while Columbus is described as a horrible monster and Neutral Evil. Cortes, the Pizarros, de Gama, and the conquistadors I can understand and agree with wholeheartedly but Columbus should be True Neutral if anything. It's like history only gets whitewashed for waifus. I'm a history nut irl so the double-standard really bugs me.

@Zinie95
Are you accusing me of being a Trumper or incel or something? I'm just questioning why Agartha seems to be of lower quality in terms of writing and characterization compared to Shimousa, Shinjuku, the Singularities, and Events. Trust me, I hate Don-Don more than you ever will.
06/11/19 - The day Smash truly became Ultimate
GT - AN EWOKS WRATH

DreikoSaMa
1 week ago#10
There definitely is something that can be said about FGO portraying Blackbeard as a loveable creep who is still fun and can be actually likeable at moments (ones where he's not discussing licking armpits of children, in particular) but choosing to go all serious with Columbus.

Though of course it's still their freedom of expression so they can go that way if it fits their vision of the game and I'll be fully supportive of that (assuming this isn't just a figment of the imagination of the localization team and that it doesn't differ from the JP original), but it indeed can be said that they could easily make Columbus into one more loveable rascal with a dark past and it'd fit in just as well if not more with the rest of the people they have.

I mean, we just did a story where Carmilla makes jokes about her "torture orb" that is her crystallized desire to torture people. Columbus could have a "slavery orb" joke too lol. Slavery's not worse than torturing people with iron maidens.
<3
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Is it just me or is Agartha written really, really badly?
  • Post New Message