• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Fgo story dialogues

User Info: RNG_Lord

RNG_Lord
4 days ago#1
So just want to ask- am I the only one who is extremely annoyed at the narratives of this game?

It's so unnecessarily long and convoluted. I don't want to press skip because I want to know the story but most of the time I hate how long the writing is.

Do most of you guys enjoy reading the dialogues or press skip?

User Info: Luno

Luno
4 days ago#2
I enjoy the dialogues, hate the

'hate to interrupt but there's an enemy'
Or
'well yeah I like foo- eek!? A hand coming out of the wall?!'
Nitocris alter when

User Info: nghiango1989

nghiango1989
4 days ago#3
I'm enjoying the Story and the Map + Battle BGM. I can skip everything else, but not Shimousa because Musashi is one of my favorite servants.
FGO US: 664,601,384. IGN: WAIFU4LIFE
FGO JP: 518,368,086. IGN: WAIFU4LIFE

User Info: Kneekicker

Kneekicker
4 days ago#4
No, I don't mind the length of scenes in the slightest. The only thing that mildly annoys me is having to read from the log because a line of dialogue is too big to fit in the text box all at once.

Perhaps it's just because I'm fond of visual novels, so I'm used to this stuff.
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6117-3933 | PSN: ansonip2000 | Steam: Kneekicker
Official Take-Mikazuchi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.

User Info: rantck77

rantck77
4 days ago#5
Normally no, but in this case l was reading the comic adaptation not long ago so alot of deja vu for me making me wanna just skip through
What happened to fun? Our insurance doesn't cover it.
"When you stop doing things for fun, you might as well be dead." Ernest Hemingway

User Info: JillV

JillV
4 days ago#6
RNG_Lord posted...
So just want to ask- am I the only one who is extremely annoyed at the narratives of this game?

It's so unnecessarily long and convoluted. I don't want to press skip because I want to know the story but most of the time I hate how long the writing is.

Do most of you guys enjoy reading the dialogues or press skip?

Maybe you don’t like reading? I don’t like reading as well, but if it’s something then I don’t mind reading the story.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TUTJ0klnKk

User Info: Dishware

Dishware
4 days ago#7
Definitely convoluted.

User Info: Bird_Man_Yu

Bird_Man_Yu
4 days ago#8
Normally I only read the stories that interest me, but despite Musashi being one of my favorite Servants, and also having Tomoe and to my knowledge Kio in it, if the dialogue in Shimosa drags on for too long, I'm definitely just gonna skip it, Salem though I will read it through entirely....
PSN: http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/TwilightGundam01.png
Fate/Grand Order EN: 866,770,168. Fate/Grand Order JP: 688,739,705.

User Info: rickets987

rickets987
4 days ago#9
Could really use more narration and less dialogue, especially during the "oh s*** they're coming right at us" scenes. I'm sure the writer is specifically trying to - or required to - minimize narration, but I can't say I like that too much.
FGO: Deerlet
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: YggdrasilTM

YggdrasilTM
4 days ago#10
There is actually more narration in Shimosa than in any of the previous chapters.
(edited 4 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Fgo story dialogues
  • Post New Message