• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Shimousa Banner Topic
Your pulling plans?

Shimousa Banner Topic
2019-10-10 00:00 ~ 10-28 20:59 PDT

The Shimousa banner marks the return of Musashi! Musashi’s an awesome ST Buster Saber, and Tomoe’s presence on this banner makes it a pretty solid place to pull if you just need a general-purpose Buster bruiser. Not the most exciting banner ever, but also not a bad one by any means.

Miyamoto Musashi (5* Saber)
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/180151-fate-grand-order/77335860

Musashi is a straightforward triple-Buster servant most notable for her ability to double her effective NP gain and star gen for a turn with Fifth Form. She has a few nice tools for taking on CQs, and she’s a strong general-purpose pick, especially if you have Merlin.

Tomoe Gozen (4* Archer)
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/180151-fate-grand-order/75887612

Tomoe is in kind of a similar position to Musashi. She’s a very straightforward Buster damage-dealer who’s quite good at what she does. She faces stiff competition from… a ton of servants, really, but that doesn’t change the fact that she’s both the most accessible and the most straightforward of the gold ST Buster Archers. As SRs go, Fujino, Ashwatthama, and the summer pirates are all better as a whole, but they all also depend on certain gimmicks that make them less “plug-and-play” than Tomoe is (although the pirates don’t really need to play to their gimmick in order to be strong). Anyway, unremarkable but generally strong.

Mochizuki Chiyome (4* Assassin)

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/180151-fate-grand-order/75884108

Chiyome is basically Shiki but worse. She has a little bit of defensive utility, which can sometimes be nice, but her damage is so low it’s very hard to justify bringing her over the accessible low-rarity options, let alone Shiki and eventually Izou, if you have them. In a vacuum she’s not totally horrible, but she really does nothing to set herself apart from even the cheaper competition, which makes her a highly unattractive pull.

Houzouin Inshun (3* Lancer)
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/180151-fate-grand-order/75894461

Inshun is awesome. With his ability to push silly levels of card damage and his on-NP dodge, Inshun is crazy fun as an anchor, and he can work well in certain Skadi-and-or-Summer-BB-fueled setups. He’s often viewed as something of a gimmick, and in a typical anchor role he’s more-or-less just “different Cu,” but that doesn’t change the fact that he’s crazy good relative to his rarity. Also—bonus points—he’s not limited or story-locked, which means most players will have him at NP5 before too long even if they skip this banner.

Should You Pull?

If you need a general-purpose Buster attacker—to pair with a recently-pulled Merlin, for example—then it’s not a bad idea to pull on Tomoe’s solo day. Otherwise, there’s nothing overly important here, especially with Munenori propping up the next banner.
And as imagination bodies forth the forms of things unknown, the poet's pen turns them to shapes and gives to airy nothing a local habitation and a name.

User Info: Luno

Luno
4 days ago#2
Was gonna use tix for tomoe, but then I heard Fujinos banner is her only banner and its rather close. She's more appealing to me and they're both single target buster archers so... yeah, Fujino it is. Brothers gonna use his saved SQ for musashi though so wish him luck!
Nitocris alter when

User Info: TommyI916

TommyI916
4 days ago#3
Wish I could. Hokusai beckons.
FGO JP - Main: 423,392,108 Alt: 493,331,256
FGO NA - 556,858,435 |Message Me Here Before Adding|

User Info: Pikachuster15

Pikachuster15
4 days ago#4
Maybe a 10-pull or two on Tomoe day. I’d like Musashi (and this is probably her best banner? In terms of servants anyway), but she’s not a must-have. And I’d rather get a certain sitting Saber in the the second banner. Getting a start on Inshun NP5 wouldn’t be too bad at least.
(edited 4 days ago)
Crap, I had no idea Fujino was somewhat soon after Tomoe... That's my own fault for not taking advantage of Clairvoyance EX, but I think I'll still throw a single Multi on Tomoe's solo rate-up day-- I'd be doing a disservice to myself as a member of the Church of Chie if I didn't do at least that much. Thank goodness it's only a 1-day wait.

User Info: cobbil

cobbil
4 days ago#6
Houzouin Inshun is my main goal. Story locked 3 stars suck. Good thing I got my Bedivere when I was rolling for Lion King.

That being said, not going hard.

User Info: Eiyu

Eiyu
4 days ago#7
Will try for one copy at least.
3DS Friend Code: 3110-6583-2212, Switch Friend Code: SW-4750-8338-8600, PSN: FiveLinxer
"You can't have a rainbow without Reyn, baby!"

User Info: TheBorlax

TheBorlax
4 days ago#8
cobbil posted...
Houzouin Inshun is my main goal. Story locked 3 stars suck. Good thing I got my Bedivere when I was rolling for Lion King.

That being said, not going hard.

22whiterabbit22 posted...
Also—bonus points—he’s not limited or story-locked, which means most players will have him at NP5 before too long even if they skip this banner.

User Info: kaisis

kaisis
4 days ago#9
Pulling for Inferno on day 1, if Snake Miyu spooks me though then I'll stop and wait for the banner to rotate to single Inferno.
The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else - The Brothers Karamazov

User Info: Bird_Man_Yu

Bird_Man_Yu
4 days ago#10
Tomoe would be nice, but Kuro handles killing Saber's fine, Musashi would be great, but I'm sure the Arts-Crit Monster Lancelot should do me well for a while.

So not pulling, any pathetically small amount of Quartz I get needs to be saved for failed attempts at Abigail....
PSN: http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/TwilightGundam01.png
Fate/Grand Order EN: 866,770,168. Fate/Grand Order JP: 688,739,705.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Shimousa Banner Topic
  • Post New Message