• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Easiest decision ever: Should I grail Waver to 100?

User Info: garyoak99

garyoak99
3 weeks ago#1
I got Waver recently shortly after I got my account back!

I still have 13 Holy Grails. I have 7 servants including him available for palingenesis but he reached the highest level among them at level 90.

Now that he has finally reached level 90, should I immediately grail him to 100?
Overcoming obstacles is one of life's greatest joys!

User Info: Ikorus13

Ikorus13
3 weeks ago#2
It wont hurt him, and grails are more a measure of affection than anything else, so if you love him that much then by all means.

Otherwise, no. Ssrs are terrible in terms of bang per buck ratio on grails, and supports are not great picks in general.
FGO User ID: 055,832,829
Friendly Neighborhood Asterios Advocate

User Info: Tressert

Tressert
3 weeks ago#3
From a gameplay perspective, supports are bad grail targets, SSRs are bad grail targets, and Casters are bad grail targets, so Waver is one of the worst possible choices. You probably won't notice any kind of noticeable improvement in his performance.

But as the poster above said, grails usually don't have an enormous impact on most Servants anyway. Grail Servants who you like to use a lot or want to use a lot. Grailing a "meta" pick is meaningless if they sit in your second archive.

User Info: farson135

farson135
3 weeks ago#4
Grailing generally adds about 1,000 HP/ATK every 10 levels. That is not going to dramatically improve anyone, nonetheless a support Caster whose ATK is generally irrelevant, and who already has a decent amount of HP.

If you like Waver, go for it, but don't expect a dramatic improvement. For that, level his skills.
FGO- Name: Sarah, ID: 095,432,810

User Info: ShotgunSamurai

ShotgunSamurai
3 weeks ago#5
i grailed my merlin in JP to 100 and never regretted it. when i get more grails in NA i plan to grail my NA merlin to 100 as well cause gotta support the husbando.

does he need it? no
Safety Kaijou!

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
3 weeks ago#6
I will echo that grailing a support 5* caster is a bad idea. Now if he is your husbando then whatever because grail for love not game play and all that. I can see an argument for grailing someone like Hans because he is so squishy due to his low level cap (not that I advocate grailing him at all, but I can see the logic). Waver isn't particularly squishy. His attack stat really doesn't matter. 5 grails for 10 levels on him seems like a waste.

I disagree about grailing 5*s. You get fewer levels per grail after 90, but I don't think making the strongest group even stronger is a bad idea.

User Info: OracleGunner

OracleGunner
3 weeks ago#7
If you're gonna grail a support caster it should be Hans since the extra HP means he can fire off more NP. But Waver doesn't need the extra stats.

However grail for love. Unless its Bunyan. You grail for Bunyan.
The Unofficial Iron Castle That Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. People who got it:6
The Official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
3 weeks ago#8
OracleGunner posted...

How can you grail Bunyan? Mine are stuck at level 1, and the game won't let me.

User Info: OracleGunner

OracleGunner
3 weeks ago#9
Goraishi posted...
OracleGunner posted...

How can you grail Bunyan? Mine are stuck at level 1, and the game won't let me.

You need to sacrifice a 100 Fionns to her.
The Unofficial Iron Castle That Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. People who got it:6
The Official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.

User Info: CAB1997

CAB1997
3 weeks ago#10
It won't be that long until you don't want Waver on the frontline
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Easiest decision ever: Should I grail Waver to 100?
  • Topic Archived