• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. 4 Star ticket guide

User Info: fire man

fire man
3 weeks ago#1
During the 10 million DL campaign in JP, this will likely have a different name in NA, a ticket will be awarded to obtain one free four star servant from the general and story locked pool, meaning no welfare or limited servants could be chosen. One glance at the Gacha rates will show any player that this is a big opportunity. This guide will help players make the best educated choice.

Note- while it has not been announced, this guide is important to post now, as Nero Fest is an excellent opportunity to acquire resources for the new servant, so they can be raised quickly. Four star servants require 42 skill gems of each type to level skills, 264 gold EXP gems, not including super and great success, lots of QP and an assortment of ascension materials to get the maximum level. It also gives players a chance to play test to see what fits, if on the line between two or three.

The list
https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/10M_Downloads_Campaign#SR%20Servant

Who do I choose?
1- Question, do you have a favorite servant that you want to obtain and is on the list? If the answer is yes then you are done with this guide. While many are going to select based on game play, no servant in this list will be the answers to all your problems. You can use game play as a factor, but I would not use it as the main deciding factor. Lancelot (berserker) is a farming machine, in the right set ups, Heracles is one of the best anchors, when you get the bond 10 ce, and so on. While you can select to fill a hole in the line-up, I think it will lead to constantly questioning not going for a different servant that might have had a different way to cover your roster holes. This game is not hard and the silver and bronze servants can pick up the slack, picking a favorite is much more fun.

2- If you don’t have a favorite servant or need more elements to decide between two, the first factor we will look at is spook factor. The servants that are in the general pool can spook at any time, while the story locked servants can only be summoned in the story pool after the chapter has been cleared (good luck) or when they are on rate up (rare to minimal at best). The question becomes do you want to get a servant that is hard to get or one that you can get spooked np2-5. Personally I would rather have one that is hard to get, but I can see the argument.
The Story locked four stars are
- Artoria Pendragon (Alter)
-Nero
-Gwain
-Emiya alter
-Tristian
-Artoria Pendragon (Lancer Alter)
-Li Shuwen
-Thomas Edison
-Medea (Lily)
-Gorgon

3- Look at the materials they need to ascend and level up skills. You will want a vague idea of what materials they require, as some servants will need items that are only in later chapters to ascend/raise skill levels. You also don’t want servants to dog-pile ascension items as it will get painful quickly.

4- Merits of each servant from a game play stand point.(prepares to write a quick review on each, realizes there are 42 servants)... Refer to others thoughts and opinions on servants that you show interest in, and look up reviews.

5- If you are stuck or new, popular picks include.
Lancelot (Saber)
Tristian
Gilgamesh
Nitocris
Heracles
Lancelot (berserker)
Gorgon

Good luck with the grind.
"It's over, in the end garbage is still garbage"
"I was dead... but I found that I could not sleep in my grave"

User Info: mojack411

mojack411
3 weeks ago#2
I'm very stuck on going for either Lalter or Saberlot. I'm in need of both an AoE Lancer as well as an Arts Saber. However, I already have Musashi and Summer Fran for Sabers so while completing the trifecta would be nice, I'm not sure exactly how much I'd benefit from him even though he's a monster. Meanwhile, I am in dire need of AoE lancers as the only ones I have are Liz and Lily Jalter, both of whom are ok but not the greatest.
Whoever said nothing is impossible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

User Info: fire man

fire man
3 weeks ago#3
mojack411 posted...
I'm very stuck on going for either Lalter or Saberlot. I'm in need of both an AoE Lancer as well as an Arts Saber. However, I already have Musashi and Summer Fran for Sabers so while completing the trifecta would be nice, I'm not sure exactly how much I'd benefit from him even though he's a monster. Meanwhile, I am in dire need of AoE lancers as the only ones I have are Liz and Lily Jalter, both of whom are ok but not the greatest.

When leveled and set up, saberlot is less picky about team comp, though fran should be able to fill in most of the time saberlot would be used.

Lalter has a great burst turn and a hard hitting NP with np seal (and curse because why not), but is slow to charge the guage. It would depend on what supports you can give, and what issues you have with Janta as liz is more support.
"It's over, in the end garbage is still garbage"
"I was dead... but I found that I could not sleep in my grave"

User Info: Pikachuster15

Pikachuster15
3 weeks ago#4
Hm, maybe a list of the better support servants? Caster Gil is good for arts teams for instance, I think. I'm tempted by Tristan for his dodge. Or maybe Emiya (Assasin) for his targetable taunt (personally I'm missing Shiki so he might help fill that gap for me until she's back next year). And maybe Wu Zetian for quick support (at least before Skadi shows up).

And just to mention, Nero (regular 4*) will have been on rate-up during Nerofest so people might have gotten her there. And Salter and Lalter will be on rate-up with the Merlin banner too so players might get either of them at the time.

Its too bad this banner will come after Nerofest. We'll probably all have stockpiled embers after that, but there's only so much most of us can store at once. And too bad this ticket comes before Yagyu and Parvati but they'll be on next year's 4* ticket at least.

User Info: Reno_Ragestar

Reno_Ragestar
3 weeks ago#5
Pikachuster15 posted...
Parvati

I wish they'd sneak her on there.

User Info: Shahrivar

Shahrivar
3 weeks ago#6
How important is Gilgamesh for Hokusai? I wanted to get np3 d'Eon from the ticket, but I don't have any good arts support (besides Nero Bride).

User Info: dracoguardian30

dracoguardian30
3 weeks ago#7
I am getting Nero, unless I get her during Nerofest finally in which case I will get Lalter since my gf likes her final ascension design

User Info: M1Astray

M1Astray
3 weeks ago#8
Originally I was going to go Alter Artoria, but considering I have NP1 Nero and NP2 Suzuka I can't justify yet another AoE SR Saber. Nor can I justify pulling another offensive-based Saber (besides Umu Bride ofc) with Okita in my Chaldea.

Then I was going to go Caster Gilgamesh because A: It's f***ing Gil, and B: arts support is neat and I'm probably never going to pull Tamo. But in light of the fact I have both Waver and now Summer Nero (grail'd ofc) I can't justify him either.

And so I settle on the option I wasn't expecting to pick. Tristan. With both of my offensive single-target NP SSR's being Quick's and his being a stargen machine, and my lack of a STNP Archer he seems a decent pick. Story-locked means I won't get him by spook either.

So yeah, looks like Tristan will be my pick atm.
Currently playing: Nier Automata, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Fate GO, DBZ Dokkan Battle, YGO Duel Links, Pokemon Go

User Info: TommyI916

TommyI916
3 weeks ago#9
Hope this doesn't encourage people to sleep on the best doggo
FGO JP - Main: 423,392,108 Alt: 493,331,256
FGO NA - 556,858,435 |Message Me Here Before Adding|

User Info: DemonsSouls

DemonsSouls
3 weeks ago#10
I'll just assign each servant a number than use a random generator to pick for me.

Ah man, now i kinda wanna start a new account where random generators and coins flips decides everything. Like coin flip if to pull on a banner and random generator to pick how many times (within available SQ limits). Could be an interesting experience.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. 4 Star ticket guide
  • Post New Message