• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Chaldea Welcome Brochure - New Masters, come here!

User Info: Ikorus13

Ikorus13
7 months ago#91
It was more in reference to heracles vs siegfried than parvati. The vast majority of this board is na, where parvati isn't a factor. In jp, yeah, parvati all the way. You can all but garuantee np2, which is what she needs to compete with dantes, by starting with her, and then picking her with a 4* ticket. From there all you have to do is whale for skadi and you're set. Assuming you dont like, hate quick or hate double servants or whatever she's the objectively most efficient choice by far. I think suzuka is a superior waifu, but that's not a gameplay metric.

Global doesn't have that easy binary choice. And in that regard, you'll get by with anything. Some ARE better than others. Stheno has a niche now but shes still hot trash 95% of the time, for example. I pretty much agree that your best options are siegfried, heracles, and emiya in no particular order. Emiya is hard to get used to, but crits like a beast once you do. Siegfried has his dragon shenangans and deceptively high card damage - im consistently surprised for some reason by how hard he hits. And of course, there have been far too many pages explaining what heracles is good for.

My point is that you don't really need to argue back and forth about sumanai and berser-car for what, 80 posts about this. Either one will be great. Any of the rest will be good enough to get by. None will be so bad as to make your game unplayable, no not even stheno. If nothing else she's got class advantage against demon god pillars and pretty good quicks.
FGO User ID: 055,832,829
Friendly Neighborhood Asterios Advocate

User Info: KanzarisKelshen

KanzarisKelshen
7 months ago#92
@Celestinno I'm not sure where you got your numbers from but they're wrong.

https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Ein_Inferno/NP_Damage_Comparisons#Saber

Siegfried cracks 51k against a dragon on neutral. Herc cracks 56k with class advantage. This is not the important bit, though, so I'm going to bold and separate it, so it becomes clear why Siegfried is better than Herc:

HERC CANNOT CRIT.

I cannot emphasize this enough. You know what not critting means? It means you do half damage, you get your NP half as fast, and you also gen less stars as a side thing. Siegfried can be buffed by merlin and go nuclear. Herc can't, because a newbie player can't flood out the board to max out their stars. Siegfried can NP, hit a third arts card crit, and immediately get 70% bar so he can NP again the following turn or the one after, while his buffs are still active. Herc can't. Siegfried can NPBB and pump out a tremendous 600k+ damage on neutral, because he benefits from Hero Creation's crit amp, and Herc can't. Critting is important. Critting is HUGE. Siegfried is recommended because he will make newbie players learn to appreciate critical hits, and his damage with minimal enabling is going to leave herc's in the dust. Any numbers frontline herc can put out, one turn of Siegfried going ham will better them. Hopefully this is enough to understand why Siegfried has much more value than Herc. If you're not convinced, I can calc numbers and show you exactly how valuable Siegfried's crit weight advantage is.
Shine on, you crazy diamond.
(edited 7 months ago)

User Info: Ikorus13

Ikorus13
7 months ago#93
@KanzarisKelshen

Mad respect for you dude, but devil's advocate here: a supposed "poverty comp" as described in the hokusai thread can dump 8 stars with craft essences. Hans's pre buff innocent monster (ew, he does not need help being more fragile) is another 9 stars. Plus at least 5 from garden of avalon. Thats 22 stars minimum. 30 if friend merlin is holding a 2030. Odds are still lousy given berserker weights, but herc can probably squeeze at least a lucky crit here or there in with that many.

I don't necesarily AGREE that that's a legitimate option, but it bears mentioning.
FGO User ID: 055,832,829
Friendly Neighborhood Asterios Advocate

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
7 months ago#94
Ikorus13 posted...
Mad respect for you dude, but devil's advocate here: a supposed "poverty comp" as described in the hokusai thread can dump 8 stars with craft essences. Hans's pre buff innocent monster (ew, he does not need help being more fragile) is another 9 stars. Plus at least 5 from garden of avalon. Thats 22 stars minimum. 30 if friend merlin is holding a 2030. Odds are still lousy given berserker weights, but herc can probably squeeze at least a lucky crit here or there in with that many.

I don't necesarily AGREE that that's a legitimate option, but it bears mentioning.

That may have been a poverty comp, but that isn't a new player accessible comp. Those 4 stars a turn CEs come from events so you'll have to play a while to get them. A new player is probably also not going to be getting more than 6 stars a turn with pre-buff Hans. Now to be fair, if you're taking Herc, you can easily OC Merlin's GoA. However, you're now running no taunts to cover Herc, and 25-30 stars is still s*** for getting zerker crits.

To be fair, George will make it somewhat hard for Sieg to crank out lots of crits with just a 2030 Merlin giving stars. He will still get a hell of a lot more than Herc. You can of course drop George because Sieg doesn't really need someone to cover for him like a zerker does, but this in most cases results in losing his niche bonus.

User Info: KanzarisKelshen

KanzarisKelshen
7 months ago#95
George can also be plugsuited out after he's NP'd, for say, Leonidas -- Leo fills a similar niche, can buff Siegfried's damage up further, will fight way less for stars and will gen his own. Basically there's poverty ways to make Siegfried hit like a boss, but Herc is very linear and hard to buff.
Shine on, you crazy diamond.

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
6 months ago#96
Tag
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

User Info: GalaxyCrisis

GalaxyCrisis
5 months ago#97
Thanks for the informative thread. I'm currently following pokedude900's playthrough on YouTube because of the ongoing anime, and was wondering how on earth you levelled up Servants; thanks for providing the answer to that question. I haven't played this game before, but I might actually give this one a shot if my interest gets piqued quite a bit.

I do have a few more questions. Regarding the tutorial summon, what 4* Servants are in its pool? pokedude900 drew Elisabeth Bathory, from the Orleans singularity. And what exactly is meant by re-rolling at that particular point? I hope it doesn't mean discarding the account and starting over completely fresh.
Failure is always an option.

User Info: Zilong17

Zilong17
5 months ago#98
@GalaxyCrisis

I'm glad the thread has helped you, I'm relieved someone found it useful.

The tutorial roster on the English version consists of:

Siegfried (Saber)
Chevalier d'Eon (Saber)
EMIYA (Archer)
Elizabeth Bathory (Lancer)
Heracles (Berserker)
Carmilla (Assassin)
Tamamo Cat (Berserker)
Atalanta (Archer)
Stheno (Assassin)
Martha (Rider)
Marie Antoinette (Rider)

Re-rolling is referring to when you scrap the account and start over to go through the tutorial again to see if you get a different Servant from that list. It's not required (I personally started with Martha), but if you want one of those units in particular (either due to character adoration or just wanting a powerful long term unit at the start of the game), it's an option to pursue.
"I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength in futility and vanity; yet my vindication is with the LORD, and my reward is with my God." Isa 49:4

User Info: Igozerc

Igozerc
5 months ago#99
The discussions here have been very helpful for me to learn as a newbie. Thank you :)

User Info: GalaxyCrisis

GalaxyCrisis
4 months ago#100
Hey, I just downloaded the game on my phone. Where do you input your bind code? The closest thing I see in the My Room menu to that option is "Issue Transfer Number."
Failure is always an option.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Chaldea Welcome Brochure - New Masters, come here!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A