• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Chaldea Welcome Brochure - New Masters, come here!

User Info: Zilong17

Zilong17
7 months ago#21
My criteria for "best starter" was also not aimed solely "who stomps content" but also who will set the player up for the future - all three units I mentioned are AoE farmers on their worst days, Parvati is a meta unit in her prime, Suzuka/Siegfried naturally teach the player to use mechanics/buffs like stars, traits and NP gen just through their kits, and I prefer a unit who can help a new player both farm an event quickly and swiftly dust through story.

Herc is good for boss battles but he has a lot of issues with Gawain in particular out of Camelot alone, while Boobtoria completely negates his gimmick out of hand, he's a poor choice for Ozy's gauntlets, and he is not good for a new player to farm an event with compared to the other three.
"I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength in futility and vanity; yet my vindication is with the LORD, and my reward is with my God." Isa 49:4
(edited 7 months ago)

User Info: MaidKnight404

MaidKnight404
7 months ago#22
Does getting doubles shake up the list at all? I was advised when i started (like a month or so ago now?) that hanging on to my double atalante code just in case while rerolling might not be so bad. Personally i just stuck with her.
My Fate/Grand Order (JP) Friend Bind is 484,416,786 (Vasche)

User Info: TetsuoS2

TetsuoS2
7 months ago#23
Herc isn't really useful at the start, and anything you actually need him for can be covered with friends. The whole of part one, and most of EoR can be soloed by good friend supports and your own Mash, by then you should be able to cover and farm an event barring the requirement isn't a Part 2 chapter finish.

Finishing that nets you a decent amount of mats and statues to raise an ssr or two to 90, although you still have to farm exp cards of course.

I'd agree with the OP and go for someone that will actually boost your farming once you can really get into the meat of the game.

Parvati is more likely to help you farming events, Herc will, but much less so.
FGO NA ID: 973,333,976
Support List Image: https://i.imgur.com/Qdw5kXh.png

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
7 months ago#24
DemonsSouls posted...
The only real problem in Camelot is dealt with with Euryale, the others aren't much of a prob.

You ran Ozy and Boobtoria with a not maxed Herc as your center piece?

TetsuoS2 posted...
Herc isn't really useful at the start, and anything you actually need him for can be covered with friends.

This. What you really would want is a friend bond Herc or a Cu Alter at that point to just run solo.
(edited 7 months ago)

User Info: Zilong17

Zilong17
7 months ago#25
MaidKnight404 posted...
Does getting doubles shake up the list at all? I was advised when i started (like a month or so ago now?) that hanging on to my double atalante code just in case while rerolling might not be so bad. Personally i just stuck with her.

If you get NP2 of Suzuka I'd probably take that over an NP1 of Siegfried or Parvati, but if you got like, an NP2 of Atalanta or Marie I probably wouldn't prioritize it very much. Atalanta in particular suffers from Parvati being practically a straight upgrade of her, and even at NP2 you won't see much appreciable difference in most content.
"I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength in futility and vanity; yet my vindication is with the LORD, and my reward is with my God." Isa 49:4

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
7 months ago#26
MaidKnight404 posted...

The issue with Atlante is that she is noticeably worse than Parvati outside of optimal teams because her card based NP generation is quite poor. Where Atlante makes up for that is NP refund from the hits on her NP itself. If you have a looping setup for them (which uses the same stuff for both of them), I would take NP2 Atlante over NP1 Parvati.

Also, in your case specifically, you had an amazing lancer welfare running so an archer starter seemed especially relevant. Atlante kills the class which kills your super nice welfare.

User Info: MrSmokestack

MrSmokestack
7 months ago#27
Sticky requested.

Excellent work, by the way.
DID YOU KNOW THAT NINETY-SEVEN PERCENT OF ALL LIVING THINGS ON PANDORA AREN'T EXPLODING RIGHT NOW? THAT'S BULLS***, BUY TORGUE! -Mr. Torgue
(edited 7 months ago)

User Info: Milennin

Milennin
7 months ago#28
Heracles's usefulness probably depends on the type of player. For an F2P, they will less likely have summoned a strong enough roster by the time they get to Bond 10 on Heracles to not have to depend on him so much. Whereas someone who buys SQ, their roster should be pretty strong 6 months into the game, provided they were active and have been investing in a good variety of units they've summoned.
Offence is taken, not given.

User Info: KanzarisKelshen

KanzarisKelshen
7 months ago#29
The key reason why Sumanai specifically is better than Herc at this point in time in both NA and JP is simple: he hurts. Siegfried is a unit that, at the most basic level, has 80% steroids for three turns if enabled (or counter-traiting a unit natively), more than almost every other servant gets on their burst turns. These days, units that allow sabers to crit are pretty common, whereas you still have to strain to make herc produce golden numbers. This matters a lot because critting = zerk damage advantage invalidation, which means Siegfried's damage starts far outstripping herc's. He's extremely flexible because he functions as both a farming unit and boss killer, can play towards both huge crits and np looping, and still teaches the value of taunters because he wants to be used with George. Generally speaking, so long as you don't neglect to raise your bronze supports, Sumanai is much stronger than Herc.
Shine on, you crazy diamond.

User Info: nghiango1989

nghiango1989
7 months ago#30
Wow, Sumanai was the first gold servant that I maxed out his level. I had him for so long that I forgot his 3rd skill was actually available from the start so thanks for reminding me of that. So it was already so long ago when people said Sumanai was so weak and useless that they burned him as soon as they got him. I also remembered when Amakusa and Dantes were "bad" as well.
FGO NA ID: 664,601,384. IGN: WAIFU4LIFE
(edited 7 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Chaldea Welcome Brochure - New Masters, come here!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A