• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Chaldea Welcome Brochure - New Masters, come here!

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
3 months ago#121
Optimizing turn count for farming is entirely about efficiency.

User Info: GalaxyCrisis

GalaxyCrisis
3 months ago#122
I keep seeing the term "plugsuit" being thrown around these threads every now and then; what exactly does that mean?
Failure is always an option.
GalaxyCrisis posted...
I keep seeing the term "plugsuit" being thrown around these threads every now and then; what exactly does that mean?
Refers to the Chaldea combat uniform mystic code.
Caution: If post makes contact with eye, rinse with water thoroughly for 20 minutes.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Hikari_Sword

Hikari_Sword
2 months ago#124
Been playing for about a week now, managed to settle into a routine. 40AP Embers, 30AP Class materials, story progression then maybe another 30AP Embers if I'm feeling it. Managed to raise a Servant up high enough to be able to help the guest Servant instead of completely relying on it. Is this a good way to spend my time/AP in the game?

Through the events I've gotten 30mil in quartz, which is... kind of intimidating while I'm still in Orleans. I'll focus on progressing the story for now (keeping everyone's level in line with Mash's max [currently 30] or the NPC guests [20], so that I'm not roflstomping the story too hard [aside from the Servant mentioned above]) Is it something to worry about come mid/late game?

Also, about 2020NA, I found a reddit post detailing what's coming in 2020 but a FGO wiki has an event not in the reddit post, the Fate/Extella Link Commemoration banner which has a good chunk of Servans that I want to get.
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/dzjygh/2020_in_preview_a_look_at_the_upcoming_year_on/
https://grandorder.wiki/Summoning_Campaigns_(2018/2020)
Did the reddit poster simply forget or are we really not getting the Extella event?

Speaking of events, they're not too hard are they? I'm mostly eyeing the ones that give you Servants

Should I consider Mash's attack power average or lower? I got Heracles in the tutorial summon and he's wrecking everything, but I imagine he's supposed to have high attack power (even 10 levels under Mash) and it's making Mash look weak. I'd assume "Shielder" means her attack isn't supposed to be too high, still...
https://i.imgur.com/FmE42c9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/dWBjOJ9.jpg | https://i.imgur.com/w6HtnOK.jpg

User Info: KeyKing7

KeyKing7
2 months ago#125
Hikari_Sword posted...
Been playing for about a week now, managed to settle into a routine. 40AP Embers, 30AP Class materials, story progression then maybe another 30AP Embers if I'm feeling it. Managed to raise a Servant up high enough to be able to help the guest Servant instead of completely relying on it. Is this a good way to spend my time/AP in the game?

Through the events I've gotten 30mil in quartz, which is... kind of intimidating while I'm still in Orleans. I'll focus on progressing the story for now (keeping everyone's level in line with Mash's max [currently 30] or the NPC guests [20], so that I'm not roflstomping the story too hard [aside from the Servant mentioned above]) Is it something to worry about come mid/late game?

Also, about 2020NA, I found a reddit post detailing what's coming in 2020 but a FGO wiki has an event not in the reddit post, the Fate/Extella Link Commemoration banner which has a good chunk of Servans that I want to get.
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/dzjygh/2020_in_preview_a_look_at_the_upcoming_year_on/
https://grandorder.wiki/Summoning_Campaigns_(2018/2020)
Did the reddit poster simply forget or are we really not getting the Extella event?

Speaking of events, they're not too hard are they? I'm mostly eyeing the ones that give you Servants

Should I consider Mash's attack power average or lower? I got Heracles in the tutorial summon and he's wrecking everything, but I imagine he's supposed to have high attack power (even 10 levels under Mash) and it's making Mash look weak. I'd assume "Shielder" means her attack isn't supposed to be too high, still...
@Hikari_Sword I think your initial plan is good - you’re both raising your Servants but also beginning to build a stockpile of materials for ascensions/skill level. However, due to many events in the near future requiring the completion of Solomon (the final chapter in Part 1 of the game) I would prioritize completing the story above all else in order to participate in those events. The reason this is usually recommended is that events are much more lucrative in obtaining class materials than the daily nodes are, so you would be saving yourself work in the long run.

In regards to your second question about not wanting to roflstomp the story content too much - I can respect that since you want to experience the game the way that the rest of us did when the game was still young. The earlier story chapters such as Septem, Orleans, and Okeanos are rather easy, however beginning mid-game - the most notable being Camelot - you will experience a noticeable difficulty spike. A good friend support can carry you through it, but if you want to win by the merit of your own team, you will most definitely want to prioritize leveling your Servants now.

I can’t speak to the Extella event, so I will let someone else answer the question. Alternatively, you can just make a new topic and an answer should be provided relatively quickly as there are a number of active users on this board that are knowledgeable on both the NA and JP side.

Regarding the difficulty of events - it depends on the criteria for participation that usually dictates their difficulty. For example, this past Christmas event required the completion of Solomon. That alone was a warning signal to us that the event would be difficult, which it absolutely was for a new player such as yourself. Not to mention the fact that you wouldn’t even have been able to participate since you haven’t yet cleared Solomon. Unfortunately, that event also featured a lottery which is one of the most beneficial features that a game offers for new players. Sounds nonsensical, but I’ve voiced my own sentiments about that already. Usually events won’t be too difficult to clear since the goal is usually to add a Welfare servant to your roster (a free 4*) but there’s an unspoken rule that events usually ask for a well-developed and well-diversified roster in order to get the most out of them.

In regards to Mash - I believe that Zilong covered her quite well in his introduction to her, but to further elaborate: Mash’s attack is sub-par at the best. She would see her best usage primarily as a defender of a glass cannon (such as Heracles) or as part of a stall team due to her almost NP-on-demand of her third skill when she crits an enemy. She does well protecting your team, and sometimes that’s the difference between life or death. Don’t sleep on her.

I think I’ve been able to adequately answer your questions at this point. My potential short-term goals if I were you would be to level your roster and complete the story. If you need further elaboration, I am certainly happy to assist in any way possible, and a majority of the board can certainly help if you’d rather post a new topic to gain greater visibility. Good luck and have fun!
Dishonor on you! Dishonor on your cow!
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Hikari_Sword

Hikari_Sword
2 months ago#126
Thanks for the reply, and yeah I've been relying too much on the level up AP restore to maintain the routine where I am now. So I'll focus on EXP and Story and get materials only if I need them for Ascension. And I want to participate in events.
https://i.imgur.com/FmE42c9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/dWBjOJ9.jpg | https://i.imgur.com/w6HtnOK.jpg

User Info: RedV

RedV
2 months ago#127
Looking for some advice on how to use CEs.

I rolled two copies of Prisma Cosmos on my first ~90 SQ. I'm probably putting one on Hans since I have no better support Casters. If I level his NP Gauge Up skill to 10 (75% Charge) and then go 3 turns with Prisma on, will he reach 99% or 100% NP?

Also, are there any other units that would benefit a lot from this? I was thinking about Georgios so he can get Ascalon off and I can use Siegfried, but are there any 4*s I can get from the SR ticket who would see a notable performance up?
(edited 2 months ago)
Well, finally decided to stop lurking and join in the fun!

Granted, I'm not completely new anymore - I'm about to reach my fourth month playing this game - but it's still a learning curve. So far, mostly f2p (the guaranteed 5-star banner proved too tempting), and running around with four 5 stars (Ishtar, Caster Nero, Jeanne Alter, Saber Shiki). In that respect, 2020 seems to have come with a luck increase so far. Hopefully it holds out!

RIght now, I have a few questions:
  • Is the 'Ignore Defense' attribute simply bypassing defense buffs, or does each mob have a base defense value?
  • How would you use Marie Antoinette? Recently drew her (twice!), making her my first and only gold rider so far, but she seems pretty defense oriented. Not certain she'd make a good substitute for Medusa (farming) or Ushi (boss fights). And, well, as far as defense supports go, Mash is right there...
  • Would leveling maxxed CEs to 100 worth it? It seems like a major investment for limited returns as far as I can tell. So far I've been happy with CEs in the 30-40 range.
  • I'm thinking of now starting saving and wait for a support caster 5 star to show up. I know Skadi is about to become all the rage in a few months, but I don't have a lot of quick servants (as far as gold servants are concerned, just Berserkalot, I think), so should I aim for her or someone like Waver instead?

That's it for now. Thanks in advance, and hopefully see you around!

User Info: KeyKing7

KeyKing7
1 month ago#129
@RedV

A month too late to answer your question, but I’ll give it a try. Typically when Servants are within the first 100% for the NP gauge, you’re usually given a little kick wherein the 99% is bumped to 100%. I don’t have experience using Prisma on Hans since I usually use a 2030, but it should bump you all the way to 100%.

@NoNameAvailable

Welcome! Glad to have you here.

For a more detailed explanation on “ignore defense” I’ll direct you to MrSmokestack’s stickied topic titled “How Much Does This Do?” since it covers it in great detail. There’s also a bunch of information that would prove useful to you if you choose to learn it. But in a nutshell, ignore defense completely ignores any defensive buffs the enemy casts.

Marie recently received a buff in JP, and since I’m an NA only player, I can’t speak to how well it has made her but the general consensus is that she is better. I have an NP1 Marie and she does well for her three-hit invuln but she’s rather weak as an AoE Quick farmer atm. If you choose to run her with Skadi in the near future, she’ll hit harder but will not have the looping capabilities of, say, Berserker Lancelot or Parvati.

In regards to maxing CEs to 100 - I usually prioritize CE’s that’s only have a focus on damage, not a split CE with HP and Damage. Reason being that a fully maxed damage CE adds +2000 to your DPS, which is huge if paired with additional effects since most buffs stack multiplicatively. Again, I’ll direct you to MrSmokestack’s guide because he does very well in breaking the numbers down.
For myself, I have an MLB Black Grail that is nearing 100 that I absolutely adore. Otherwise, most of my other CEs - popular ones such as Kaleidoscope and Golden Sumo - are in their 40s and they serve me perfectly well.

In terms of support Casters, they’re the most quintessential assets in the game. They will determine how easy of a time you have, especially in regards to farming, so certainly aim for them. In good news, Waver (Lord El-Melloi II) will have a rate-up this year during the Fate/Accel Zero rerun and he is considered one of the most versatile units in the game due to his AoE NP charging capabilities and the usefulness of his ATK, DEF, and Crit damage up skills. Skadi, as you know, is coming in a few months and many veterans, including myself, will be gunning for her due to shenanigans that she can pull off with the right units. Still, it’s always worth looking at your roster as a whole and determine if you lean more Blue (Arts), Red (Buster), or Green (Quick). All three are viable - some more than others - so it’s best to strengthen whom you have.

Hope this helps and good luck!
Dishonor on you! Dishonor on your cow!

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
1 month ago#130
NoNameAvailable posted...
Would leveling maxxed CEs to 100 worth it? It seems like a major investment for limited returns as far as I can tell. So far I've been happy with CEs in the 30-40 range.
I'm thinking of now starting saving and wait for a support caster 5 star to show up. I know Skadi is about to become all the rage in a few months, but I don't have a lot of quick servants (as far as gold servants are concerned, just Berserkalot, I think), so should I aim for her or someone like Waver instead?

It depends on the CE. The only CEs you're likely to have as a GSSR only player on a 4 month old account that are worth maxing are Holy Night Supper or Aerial Dive, but only if you managed to max limit break them.

Zerkerlot is enough to enable a lot of quick team farming. It is up to you, but I would much prefer Skadi over Waver. She enables an entire card type and has a lot of use jump starting teams of all types. Waver is good, but I don't think he is a game changer on the same level as Skadi.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Chaldea Welcome Brochure - New Masters, come here!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A