• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Chaldea Welcome Brochure - New Masters, come here!

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
4 months ago#111
MaidKnight404 posted...
Debating starting a global account for quartz hoarding with foresight or whatever. Fishing for Marie Antoinette for green card shenanigans, I've encountered a pull I cant dismiss out of hand and now I'm not sure of myself.

It got both elizabeth bathory and heracles. If nothing else, I did issue a transfer number so I can go back to it.

Marie's damage is trash. You can farm low hp casters, but you're not really going to do many shenanigans. Even on casters with double Skadi, I think you'll frequently find yourself needing card rng to finish.

If you want to start an account on NA, I'd suggest that you just buy a cheap one on ebay. Do keep in mind the initial grind and the fact that in a bit over a year, you're going to be repeating events you've already cleared (some of which you will have cleared twice).

User Info: MaidKnight404

MaidKnight404
4 months ago#112
Maybe I'll wait and try again after the starters get updated. I thought it would be fine as is, but if jojo Marie cant hack it, I'll wait for parvati is available.

I dont think id mind the repeat content thing probably, since I'd be using a different card type (quick) and I'd be able to actually read. The grind at the beginning though, ugh. I would have to take that slow, just collecting logins and poking singularities when I dont have anything else going on.

It's just that quick basically requires a native skadi to either double or borrow a waver, and god knows when she'll be back.
My Fate/Grand Order (JP) Friend Bind is 484,416,786 (Vasche)

Goraishi
4 months ago#113
MaidKnight404 posted...
It's just that quick basically requires a native skadi to either double or borrow a waver, and god knows when she'll be back.

It kind of depends on the content and the quick servant. Merlin/Skadi is fine for a lot of stuff. That said, there are servants like Atlante who are only not super weak due to the ability to NP loop.

User Info: GalaxyCrisis

GalaxyCrisis
3 months ago#114
I have two more questions. The first one is in regards to a particular skill. I have Cu Chulainn (Prototype); does his Beast Slayer skill grant him increased attack against Beast-class enemies (e.g. the ones in the latter stages of Babylonia)?

Lastly, are there any advantages to clearing a battle in as few turns as possible, other than the obvious (e.g. more time to farm for items and such)?
Failure is always an option.

User Info: Zilong17

Zilong17
3 months ago#115
@GalaxyCrisis

1. I'm afraid not, the "Beast" in Beast Slayer refers to animalistic beast trait only, such as the Chimera enemies and lion-like enemies in Babylonia.
  2. Generally, fewer turns means less chances of something going wrong. But if you have a team that can consistently clear in a slow and steady fashion, or you don't mind forgoing 3T clears for higher loot bonus, that's fine too.
"I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength in futility and vanity; yet my vindication is with the LORD, and my reward is with my God." Isa 49:4

Goraishi
3 months ago#116
GalaxyCrisis posted...
astly, are there any advantages to clearing a battle in as few turns as possible, other than the obvious (e.g. more time to farm for items and such)?

For farming, no. For bosses, in addition to what Zilong mentioned about less chances of things going wrong, clearing fast enough can allow you to entirely avoid troublesome mechanics on some fights.

GalaxyCrisis
3 months ago#117
Zilong17 posted...
2. Generally, fewer turns means less chances of something going wrong. But if you have a team that can consistently clear in a slow and steady fashion, or you don't mind forgoing 3T clears for higher loot bonus, that's fine too.

This is kind of the "advantages" I am implying; does clearing a battle quickly increase chances of getting a higher tiered item somehow (or any item for that matter)? For some reason I do not believe that to be the case.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: MrSmokestack

MrSmokestack
3 months ago#118
GalaxyCrisis posted...
This is kind of the "advantages" I am implying; does clearing a battle quickly increase chances of getting a higher tiered item somehow (or any item for that matter)? For some reason I do not believe that to be the case.
No.

Raid quests have a turn limit for drops. However in other quests your drops are rolled when they start.
"Have you considered you may not be colorblind, but color-dumb?"- KanzarisKelshen
(edited 3 months ago)

GalaxyCrisis
3 months ago#119
@MrSmokestack Well, that kind of bites. Not that there's an RNG involved for item drops, but where exactly it's calculated at.

Raid quests? Now you've piqued my curiosity. Are they like what the Solomon Pillar battles were when they were first introduced? Why do they have a turn limit for drops?

User Info: Zilong17

Zilong17
3 months ago#120
GalaxyCrisis posted...
Raid quests? Now you've piqued my curiosity. Are they like what the Solomon Pillar battles were when they were first introduced? Why do they have a turn limit for drops?

The pillar comparison is correct. What Smoke means is that those fights have a turn limit for each engagement, usually 15 but IIRC some as low as 5. So if you don't "kill" the enemy within those turns you won't get the loot, though your damage contributes to the raid meter. Usually players work out "one shot" comps with their roster, using heavy hitters like Kintoki, Scathach, or budget options like Bedivere and battery supports to try to blow up the target with an NP as fast as possible; this way they clear it within the turn limit for their rewards and can spend that much more time farming the raid, since raid fights usually have very good loot drops.
"I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength in futility and vanity; yet my vindication is with the LORD, and my reward is with my God." Isa 49:4
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Chaldea Welcome Brochure - New Masters, come here!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A