• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. How Much Does This Do? A Guide to the Mechanics of Fate/Grand Order

User Info: MaidKnight404

MaidKnight404
3 months ago#41
MrSmokestack posted...
@MaidKnight404 NP cards can give the card starter bonus like any other card. They simply don't receive the card starter bonus.

If you want to be certain, you can always Arts lead on a Buster NP from someone like Lancer Kiyohime.

I knew that, I meant do they still do more damage in a buster chain?
My Fate/Grand Order (JP) Friend Bind is 484,416,786 (Vasche)

User Info: MrSmokestack

MrSmokestack
3 months ago#42
MaidKnight404 posted...
I knew that, I meant do they still do more damage in a buster chain?
I don't think so. Even if they could though, Buster chain is essentially a Divinity bonus. You wouldn't notice an appreciable damage increase.

Doing a Buster brave chain is mainly for getting that sweet 525% Extra card scaling.
"Have you considered you may not be colorblind, but color-dumb?"- KanzarisKelshen

User Info: KeyKing7

KeyKing7
3 months ago#43
Hey Smoke, just a quick question.

If I hypothetically initiate a B-NP-B chain to kill the first foe, NP the second to death, and kill the last foe with a Buster and Extra, I understand that the NP card does not gain any bonus multipliers from the chain. However, the other cards, along with the Extra, still receive the bonus correct? I suppose this question also extends to Arts and Quick chains of the same variety.

I’d been pondering this a while and I didn’t find this while looking over your damage calculations - I may have just missed it though.
Dishonor on you! Dishonor on your cow!

User Info: MrSmokestack

MrSmokestack
3 months ago#44
KeyKing7 posted...
If I hypothetically initiate a B-NP-B chain to kill the first foe, NP the second to death, and kill the last foe with a Buster and Extra, I understand that the NP card does not gain any bonus multipliers from the chain. However, the other cards, along with the Extra, still receive the bonus correct? I suppose this question also extends to Arts and Quick chains of the same variety.
The bonus a card receives from a Buster chain is an additive 20% of the servant’s Atk stat as damage, before buffs.

NPs never receive card starter bonuses regardless of where they are in the chain. They can be used for the card starter bonus however.

A simple way of looking at cards is in terms of scaling. Every card has its damage adjusted based on what card it is and (except for NP cards) where it is in the chain. NP cards are unique in that their scaling is always fixed.

It’s possible that I’m misinterpreting the question, but the guide should have explained this clearly enough.

Quoting the relevant bits below:
busterStarter is 0.5 if true, 0 if false
-Note that NP cards are not affected by the busterStarter bonus (nor are they affected by the first card bonus of the other two types, for that matter)
cardModifier: A servant's cards do damage based on their type and position in the chain. This does not include NP cards.
-In addition, busterStarter bonus is 50% multiplicative (1.5x) instead of 50% additive (+0.5) on the Extra card. This means that it will have 525% scaling in a Buster Brave Chain. And no, I don't know why it works this way either.
"Have you considered you may not be colorblind, but color-dumb?"- KanzarisKelshen
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: KeyKing7

KeyKing7
3 months ago#45
Thanks for the explanation! I think I actually misunderstood what you had written; it’s good to know moving forward.
Dishonor on you! Dishonor on your cow!
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. How Much Does This Do? A Guide to the Mechanics of Fate/Grand Order
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A