• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. How Much Does This Do? A Guide to the Mechanics of Fate/Grand Order

User Info: alexbanning

alexbanning
6 months ago#31
I've had trouble getting clarity on how card type resist works. I believe it is the reverse of card type buff, which is to say that Quick resist up would not only reduce damage from Quick cards, but also stars generated and NP generated. And arts resist down would not only increase damage from arts cards, but increase the NP generated (i.e. 20% arts resist down functions the same as a 20% arts performance up on the attacking card/NP). Is that accurate?

User Info: MrSmokestack

MrSmokestack
6 months ago#32
@alexbanning Yes. Card Performance Up and Card Resist Up are additive with each other.

For example, the Heaven's Hole fight has 50% Arts Down and permanent 50% Arts Resist Up. If you attack her with an Arts card you will do no damage nor gen NP. If your servant has a buff that boosts Arts cards like Territory Creation, they might do something as the reduction won't be 100%. More like 90% or 95%.
DID YOU KNOW THAT NINETY-SEVEN PERCENT OF ALL LIVING THINGS ON PANDORA AREN'T EXPLODING RIGHT NOW? THAT'S BULLS***, BUY TORGUE! -Mr. Torgue
(edited 6 months ago)

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
6 months ago#33
Tag
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

User Info: CivMaster

CivMaster
4 months ago#34
so i was reading through the combat mechanics and i didnt see it explicitly addressed:

do the random +0, +0, +20 , +20, + 50 star weight/absorption that get put on cads get multiplied with increases to star weight/absorption?

MrSmokestack
4 months ago#35
CivMaster posted...
so i was reading through the combat mechanics and i didnt see it explicitly addressed:

do the random +0, +0, +20 , +20, + 50 star weight/absorption that get put on cads get multiplied with increases to star weight/absorption?
They are additive with the base star weight of the servant.

From Kyte’s article on star absorption:
Alright. HOW DOES IT WORK.
First, the game assigns base weights to three of the five cards. 50, 20 and 20.. The cards are then shuffled.
Second, it adds the card's servant's criticalWeight, multiplied by their critical focus factor (This is what Gil's Collector EX does and whatnot), to each card.
criticalWeight in this context meaning the star absorb of the servant before buffs / debuffs.

You can find the article under the section “Further Reading” using Ctrl + F [052]

Hopefully this answers your question @CivMaster
DID YOU KNOW THAT NINETY-SEVEN PERCENT OF ALL LIVING THINGS ON PANDORA AREN'T EXPLODING RIGHT NOW? THAT'S BULLS***, BUY TORGUE! -Mr. Torgue

User Info: CivMaster

CivMaster
4 months ago#36
thanks a lot. that clears it up. so the extra values given to cards arent multiplied.

i guess MHX A doesnt push those cards to 0 then

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
4 months ago#37
CivMaster posted...
i guess MHX A doesnt push those cards to 0 then

It most definitely does not. They really need to buff that skill.
(edited 4 months ago)

MrSmokestack
4 months ago#38
Re: MHXA

A star absorption of 0 doesn't mean that servant won't draw any stars. It essentially makes them have the same weight as a Berserker. If you have MHXA and use her 3rd skill on another servant, they'll have a similar enough weight that stars would get split between them.

So yes it would be terrible were it not for the Charisma.

User Info: MaidKnight404

MaidKnight404
4 months ago#39
I know noble phantasms arent affected by chain position, but that they can still contribute to the bonuses (like an arts np giving later attacks that aren't other NPS more generation). But do buster nps benefit from full type chain bonuses? I know quicks still give you the 10 stars and arts still gets the free 20% meter potentially pushing an overcharge level, but I havent been able to tell if buster nps are doing more damage than if it had been any other combination.
My Fate/Grand Order (JP) Friend Bind is 484,416,786 (Vasche)

MrSmokestack
4 months ago#40
@MaidKnight404 NP cards can give the card starter bonus like any other card. They simply don't receive the card starter bonus.

If you want to be certain, you can always Arts lead on a Buster NP from someone like Lancer Kiyohime.
"Have you considered you may not be colorblind, but color-dumb?"- KanzarisKelshen
(edited 4 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. How Much Does This Do? A Guide to the Mechanics of Fate/Grand Order
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A