• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. How Much Does This Do? A Guide to the Mechanics of Fate/Grand Order

User Info: Zilong17

Zilong17
7 months ago#21
KeyKing7 posted...
@Zilong17 If you happen to write the Welcome Guide for newcomers, link this and agtady’s guide!

That is the plan. I'm setting up the outline of it and will fill it out this evening. I'm hooooooping I get it done today but it may take me all weekend.

Currently....

Contents
i.Welcome Message
ii.Board Resources
iii.The First Thing You Do – The Tutorial Summon
iv.After the Summon – What Next/How Regular Summoning Works (Account profile/bind code stuff goes here)
v.How to Level Units
vi.What Units to Level/Look For
vii.What Craft Essences to Keep
viii.Support System, and What Supports to Look For
ix.Tips and Tricks in the Battle System
"I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength in futility and vanity; yet my vindication is with the LORD, and my reward is with my God." Isa 49:4
(edited 7 months ago)

User Info: KeyKing7

KeyKing7
7 months ago#22
Zilong17 posted...
That is the plan. I'm setting up the outline of it and will fill it out this evening. I'm hooooooping I get it done today but it may take me all weekend.

Currently....

Contents
i.Welcome Message
ii.Board Resources
iii.The First Thing You Do – The Tutorial Summon
iv.After the Summon – What Next/How Regular Summoning Works (Account profile/bind code stuff goes here)
v.How to Level Units
vi.What Units to Level/Look For
vii.What Craft Essences to Keep
viii.Support System, and What Supports to Look For
ix.Tips and Tricks in the Battle System
No rush - good references take time. Can’t wait to see it when it’s done, and thanks for putting in the effort to do so!
Dishonor on you! Dishonor on your cow!
(edited 7 months ago)

User Info: u3br

u3br
7 months ago#23
cool guide

also, another reminder that I wish the class modifiers didn't exist

just let their attack stats reflect the damage output you want to see, DW
(edited 7 months ago)

User Info: x Shadow

x Shadow
7 months ago#24
MrSmokestack posted...
Yep. That’s it. That’s all Defense Ignore does. There’s no fancy “it only ignores 100% of buffs” or whatever it is any other person or site might tell you. If your servant has the ability to ignore defense buffs on something, the game skips checking defense buffs on the enemy when calculating damage. Your target can have 1000% defense up and the attack will hit as if they had 0.

But any defense debuffs on the target are still taken into consideration for damage bonuses, afaik. Might be worth noting.

MrSmokestack posted...
(cardModifier) * [(atk / 4) (1 + atkBuff) (1 + cardMod) (1 + powerMod + NPBuff / critBuff)] + (busterStarter) * [(atk / 4) (1 + atkBuff) (1 + powerMod + NPBuff / critBuff)]

Might want to use a different symbol to show an "either-or" (or xor) relationship. Seeing a divide sign there looks weird if someone is just skimming and then arrives at your damage formula.

MrSmokestack posted...
Class Advantage: Servants get a damage bonus or penalty based on the class of the enemy they are attacking.
a. Class Advantage (everyone except Berserker and Alter Ego)- 2.0x
b. Class Advantage (Berserker and Alter Ego)- 1.5x
c. Class Disadvantage- 0.5x
d. No Advantage- 1.0x

Berserkers take 2x damage from Alter Egos, and also take 1.5x from themselves. Well and Alter Egos hit Foreigners for 2x obviously. Though they're rare.

You could try taking this chart:
https://grandorder.wiki/images/0/0d/Class_Triangle.png

And then just dumping the damage numbers on the arrow lines. You could also put "NP gain when attacking" and maybe other things on the picture, too. Might make it easier to just show rather than text dump.

Well, that's just a few quick suggestions.
"I raised that boy"
https://youtu.be/EfiSTYBfYvk?t=173
(edited 7 months ago)

User Info: MrSmokestack

MrSmokestack
7 months ago#25
@x_Shadow posted...
But any defense debuffs on the target are still taken into consideration for damage bonuses, afaik. Might be worth noting.

The implication is there but I'll include it for clarity's sake.

Might want to use a different symbol to show an "either-or" (or xor) relationship. Seeing a divide sign there looks weird if someone is just skimming and then arrives at your damage formula.

Which symbol should I use?

Berserkers take 2x damage from Alter Egos, and also take 1.5x from themselves. Well and Alter Egos hit Foreigners for 2x obviously. Though they're rare.

It might be worth putting those two exceptions into case b. then. I don't think the guide needs to include the chart as you can check it any time ingame. I included one for the attributes because those are lesser known and the game makes no attempt to tell you about them save in one interlude.
DID YOU KNOW THAT NINETY-SEVEN PERCENT OF ALL LIVING THINGS ON PANDORA AREN'T EXPLODING RIGHT NOW? THAT'S BULLS***, BUY TORGUE! -Mr. Torgue

User Info: x Shadow

x Shadow
7 months ago#26
MrSmokestack posted...
Which symbol should I use?

You could try ⊕, but that's a tad arcane for most people. You could just put the term in parentheses and say "OR" or "||" if you wanted to get technical, I just suggest "OR".

ie

(1 + powerMod + (NPBuff OR critBuff))

And then maybe right below it note that you use them where appropriate.

But that's just my preference, I'm sure others can speak up on that. It's not really a major thing. I just know that the division symbol really confused me though... so like... I'd vote for anything you can think of but that. Even if you want to call it an alpha function whose value depends on the type of attack you're doing ie α(type), which would be stupid please don't lol.

MrSmokestack posted...
It might be worth putting those two exceptions into case b. then. I don't think the guide needs to include the chart as you can check it any time ingame. I included one for the attributes because those are lesser known and the game makes no attempt to tell you about them save in one interlude.

Well what I was saying is that you could enhance that graphic to note the exact damage ratios on advantage and disadvantage and also overlay the NP generation numbers and other information to make a quick one stop shop for people to see a lot of that information. I could try my hand at it, too, I'm just not a graphics person. Often a picture is a thousand words as they say. It could be quite concise and represent a lot of information, keeping the rest of your post cleaner and more to the point.
"I raised that boy"
https://youtu.be/EfiSTYBfYvk?t=173
(edited 7 months ago)

User Info: MrSmokestack

MrSmokestack
7 months ago#27
x Shadow posted...
You could try ⊕, but that's a tad arcane for most people. You could just put the term in parentheses and say "OR" or "||" if you wanted to get technical, I just suggest "OR".

Alright then.

Well what I was saying is that you could enhance that graphic to note the exact damage ratios on advantage and disadvantage and also overlay the NP generation numbers and other information to make a quick one stop shop for people to see a lot of that information. I could try my hand at it, too, I'm just not a graphics person. Often a picture is a thousand words as they say. It could be quite concise and represent a lot of information, keeping the rest of your post cleaner and more to the point.

That makes more sense.

I remember seeing a graphic similar to what you're describing, but I can't find it.
DID YOU KNOW THAT NINETY-SEVEN PERCENT OF ALL LIVING THINGS ON PANDORA AREN'T EXPLODING RIGHT NOW? THAT'S BULLS***, BUY TORGUE! -Mr. Torgue

User Info: MaidKnight404

MaidKnight404
7 months ago#28
Are multipliers really as small as the math makes it look? I was reading the discussion on lancer raikou vs rider quetzalcouatl's total damge buff value, and came out to numbers that dont look right based on the damage you see people doing.

30% buster (1.3) x 21% attack (1.21) = 57.3% total increase (1.573) [6.3% more than additive]

40% buster (1.4) x 20% attack (1.2) = 68% total increase (1.68) [8% more than additive]

Thats more than adding gets you, yeah, but it doesn't seem to explain the gigantic values of the challenge videos.

Edit: just to clarify, im not suggesting just one of these two is getting you over a million damage or anything silly. Im just shocked that the relative increase of multiplication vs addition looks much lower than expected.
My Fate/Grand Order (JP) Friend Bind is 484,416,786 (Vasche)
(edited 7 months ago)

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
7 months ago#29
MaidKnight404 posted...
Thats more than adding gets you, yeah, but it doesn't seem to explain the gigantic values of the challenge videos.

Edit: just to clarify, im not suggesting just one of these two is getting you over a million damage or anything silly. Im just shocked that the relative increase of multiplication vs addition looks much lower than expected.

It matters more when you stack more buffs. It also matters more when you're looking at what type of buff to further stack.

Lets take Malter with a double Skadi setup ignoring CEs. That gives you +90% attack and +158% quick so additively +248%. 1.9 x 2.58 is ~4.9

User Info: MaidKnight404

MaidKnight404
7 months ago#30
Ah, i see. Its almost exponential then - something that starts off minor, but rapidly swells into something far more significant.

Thanks for clearing that up.
My Fate/Grand Order (JP) Friend Bind is 484,416,786 (Vasche)
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. How Much Does This Do? A Guide to the Mechanics of Fate/Grand Order
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A