• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. How Much Does This Do? A Guide to the Mechanics of Fate/Grand Order

User Info: MrSmokestack

MrSmokestack
7 months ago#11
Conclusion
[050]

Google Docs Version
[051]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rvn5H7aAMJUT0uxJroVDukJjJqI4t6BJTD2At9yeU3E/edit?usp=sharing

Further Reading
[052]
https://grandorder.wiki/Main_Page
http://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/entry.php/3309-How-is-damage-calculated
http://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/entry.php/3306-How-much-NP-do-I-get-in-combat
http://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/entry.php/3305-How-are-critical-stars-distributed
http://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/entry.php/3307-How-many-crit-stars-do-I-get-in-combat

Contact Information
[053]
Any questions or comments about this guide should be delivered via private message (PM) on GameFAQs or Direct Message (DM) on Discord. My Discord handle is MrSmokestack#6933.

Legal Information
[054]
Copyright 2019 MrSmokestack

This guide is only available for hosting on the following domains:

http://www.gamefaqs.com
GameFAQs Fate/Grand Order Discord

This guide may be not be reproduced under any circumstances except for personal
and/or private use. It may not be placed on any other web site or otherwise
distributed publicly. Use of this guide on any other web site, or as a part of
any public display without providing proper credit, is strictly prohibited and
is a violation of copyright.

All trademarks and copyrights contained in this document are owned by their
respective trademark and copyright holders.
DID YOU KNOW THAT NINETY-SEVEN PERCENT OF ALL LIVING THINGS ON PANDORA AREN'T EXPLODING RIGHT NOW? THAT'S BULLS***, BUY TORGUE! -Mr. Torgue
(edited 7 months ago)

MrSmokestack
7 months ago#12
Anyone reading this can post now.

Please request a sticky if you found this guide useful.
DID YOU KNOW THAT NINETY-SEVEN PERCENT OF ALL LIVING THINGS ON PANDORA AREN'T EXPLODING RIGHT NOW? THAT'S BULLS***, BUY TORGUE! -Mr. Torgue

User Info: Hoid

Hoid
7 months ago#13
Great job @MrSmokestack sticky requested

For future people reading this guide, a TLDR for optimizing damage is this in my own words:

*increase damage by applying buffs
*buffs of different types stacked that affects the same thing has HUGE scaling (Buster Up/Attack/Crit for example)

Most important information in the entire game buried in a tooltip of hundreds of tooltips in loading screen
UMU!!!
https://imgtc.com/i/1Nvs295.png

User Info: agtady

agtady
7 months ago#14
Sticky requested.
(edited 7 months ago)

User Info: Sceptilesolar

Sceptilesolar
7 months ago#15
Ah, I was just wondering earlier whether Buster Performance Up increased buster NP gain in the case of an arts lead. According to this, it doesn't. Very useful guide.
Just killing time until the world ends.

User Info: KeyKing7

KeyKing7
7 months ago#16
Thank you so very much for this.

I’ve always meant to take a deeper look into the math behind the numbers. This is such a great resource.

@Zilong17 If you happen to write the Welcome Guide for newcomers, link this and agtady’s guide!
Dishonor on you! Dishonor on your cow!

User Info: DemiseEnd

DemiseEnd
7 months ago#17
Damage Cut is a flat damage reduction factored in after all other calculations have been done. Defense Ignore occurs before this, so it is not ignored.

Adding to this im not sure if divinity and friend apply after or before damage cut, and from what i see this info isnt in the post.

Special Defense Up is in a unique buff bracket. Regular defense buffs are additive with regular attack buffs. Defense Ignore only affects that buff bracket in the entire damage calculation, and does not interact with Special Defense Up in any way. Special Defense Up is usually indicated with an orange globe icon. The same applies to Card Resist Up, which is additive with card buffs.

Hmm i think you can add that SDU is found on Gawain(amongst others) whereas iirc Card Res Down found on something like Karna is additive based on this. Card Res notably is absent from this post

Np gain section is particularly lacking so i'd add what comes to mind one by one

- Defensive NP gain:
Important to note that NP gen buff aka Golden Rule applies to these. The formula is self explanatory(its just the listed value x hits) otherwise.
From what i remember Cha Cha buff is additive to this(Golden rule). Cha Cha buff emulates Avenger passive i believe so Avenger passive probably works like that. Which is something else you could add if you want to revision

Quirks related to card type buff on NP gain section:
- NP gain follows the rule of Buster starter in that the addition of arts starter DOES NOT get affected by card type buff, but it IS affected by NP gain buff an interaction thats reminiscent to how ATK buff and Card type buff works in damage calculation. in simplest terms, NP gain on buster cant be boosted by Buster card type buff
- I think i'd include too that Arts starter, FUNDAMENTALLY "adds the listed value of card". For example First hassan with 5.0 get outright +5 on Arts lead quick, and outright +3 from arts led arts.

tl;dr you forgot to separate bracket for NP damage as you did with damage hue

- Star gen formula:
Leave cardMod at 0 unless Quick or Buster Up applies.part
I know why you wrote this, but yeah honestly the theme here is "card type buff is very strict when it comes to what it buffs and what it doesnt buff". In theory arts buff cardmod does apply on star gen calculation, but 90.000 x 0 is still 0

-powerMod: This includes any effect that states "increase own Attack against [Trait]. Note that this is NOT the same as "deals extra damage against [Trait]". One is powermod while the other is what is known as a Super Effective (SE) Modifier. An example of the former is Jack's NP; the latter would be Archer Gilgamesh's NP.

one thing you can add is to note that "if it works for anything besdies NP, its likely power mod" but yeah small clarification stuff

@MrSmokestack
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it.
3ds fc:3823-9549-3094 - Ice > Fire
(edited 7 months ago)

MrSmokestack
7 months ago#18
@KeyKing7 posted...
Thank you so very much for this.

I’ve always meant to take a deeper look into the math behind the numbers. This is such a great resource.

Thank you!

@DemiseEnd posted...
Adding to this im not sure if divinity and friend apply after or before damage cut, and from what i see this info isnt in the post.

Assuming flat damage sources are additive with each other, I assume that you would simply add the sum or difference between them into the damage dealt.

Flat damage is mostly irrelevant unless you are facing enemies with extremely high defense values. A servant like Gilgamesh can still do damage through a 100% defense buff with the help of his Divinity passive. Throwing in a source of damage cut negates that.

Hmm i think you can add that SDU is found on Gawain(amongst others) whereas iirc Card Res Down found on something like Karna is additive based on this. Card Res notably is absent from this post

The big three servants you see talked about the most with regards to SDU are Camelot Gawain (like you said), as well as Quetzalcoatl in Babylonia and Nero Fest's Siegfried.

Something a lot of people miss about Siegfried is that he has two defense boosts: a 200% Defense Up and a 90% SDU. Defense-ignoring effects negate the former but not the latter. This means your damage becomes 1/10th of its usual amount. Effectively, you need to do 500k damage to KO Siegfried, not 50k.

For completion's sake, I agree that Card Res Down can be included. In general it is a very rare debuff, and it has the same interaction with Card Up as Atk Up / Down and Defense Up / Down do.

Np gain section is particularly lacking so i'd add what comes to mind one by one

- Defensive NP gain:

Quirks related to card type buff on NP gain section:
tl;dr you forgot to separate bracket for NP gain as you did with damage hue

-powerMod

I will be updating the doc with a blurb on defensive NP gain mechanics shortly. Thank you for the note.

In general, it's also worth mentioning that cardStarter bonuses are unaffected by card buffs. I make explicit mention of this in the damage formula, but neglected it for the NP and stargen formulas.

Also, that's a much easier way to recognize the difference between SE and Powermod, I agree.

User Info: DemiseEnd

DemiseEnd
7 months ago#19
i dont know what is worse, the fact that you didnt quote properly, or the fact that gamefaqs didnt register that theres a new post in this thred, but give mention notification

:horse:
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it.
3ds fc:3823-9549-3094 - Ice > Fire

MrSmokestack
7 months ago#20
DemiseEnd posted...
i dont know what is worse, the fact that you didnt quote properly, or the fact that gamefaqs didnt register that theres a new post in this thred, but give mention notification

:horse:

"Quote properly", huh.

The docs version of the guide has been updated.

Under the "Credits" section you will find the date it was last edited.
(edited 7 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. How Much Does This Do? A Guide to the Mechanics of Fate/Grand Order
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A