• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. General Team Building and Piloting Guide

User Info: KeyKing7

KeyKing7
7 months ago#41
Thank you for the write up. This should be very informative to both newer and veteran players when the meta shifts and everyone is acclimating to challenges.

If you wouldn’t mind a suggestion, I appreciate the fact that you highlighted certain servants whom would do best in their respective roles. Unfortunately for many of the NA players, the banners for when those servants debut are foggy. Maybe a timeline of “Agtady’s Recommendations for Servants To Save For” that lists possible release dates to complement the team types would help especially newer players in allocating their resources effectively.
Dishonor on you! Dishonor on your cow!

User Info: MrSmokestack

MrSmokestack
7 months ago#42
@KeyKing7 posted...
If you wouldn’t mind a suggestion, I appreciate the fact that you highlighted certain servants whom would do best in their respective roles. Unfortunately for many of the NA players, the banners for when those servants debut are foggy. Maybe a timeline of “Agtady’s Recommendations for Servants To Save For” that lists possible release dates to complement the team types would help especially newer players in allocating their resources effectively.

The general rolling suggestions will always be for support units though. For case-by-case scenarios we have the Theorycrafting thread to make more specific responses.
DID YOU KNOW THAT NINETY-SEVEN PERCENT OF ALL LIVING THINGS ON PANDORA AREN'T EXPLODING RIGHT NOW? THAT'S BULLS***, BUY TORGUE! -Mr. Torgue
(edited 7 months ago)

User Info: KeyKing7

KeyKing7
7 months ago#43
MrSmokestack posted...
The general rolling suggestions will always be for support units though. For case-by-case scenarios we have the Theorycrafting thread to make more specific responses.
Makes sense. Thanks!
Dishonor on you! Dishonor on your cow!

User Info: Woad_Brah

Woad_Brah
6 months ago#44
Hey guys, relatively new player here who's looking for advice on what free SR servant to pick.

My SR/SSR roster consists of:
SSR Nero caster NP2
SSR Jack assassin NP1
SR Ishtar rider NP5
SR Fran saber NP1
SR Rama saber NP1
SR Carmilla assassin NP1

So what I'm really heavily leaning towards is picking up Lancelot berserker and trying to build a quick team. I was lucky enough to pull Jack and now that might be possible. Sadly I started after the Scathach event, and she is supposedly the queen of quick teams.

Any way I can make a competent quick team with Jack and Lancelot? Or should I go another route?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I'm about halfway through the Camelot campaign if that has any bearing on what decision I should make. I've heard Hercules is a popular choice for early game, but he loses his value late game so I'm hoping for a home run SR that will last all the way through the late game
(edited 6 months ago)

User Info: agtady

agtady
6 months ago#45
Woad_Brah posted...
Hey guys, relatively new player here who's looking for advice on what free SR servant to pick.

My SR/SSR roster consists of:
SSR Nero caster NP2
SSR Jack assassin NP1
SR Ishtar rider NP5
SR Fran saber NP1
SR Rama saber NP1
SR Carmilla assassin NP1

So what I'm really heavily leaning towards is picking up Lancelot berserker and trying to build a quick team. I was lucky enough to pull Jack and now that might be possible. Sadly I started after the Scathach event, and she is supposedly the queen of quick teams.

Any way I can make a competent quick team with Jack and Lancelot? Or should I go another route?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I'm about halfway through the Camelot campaign if that has any bearing on what decision I should make. I've heard Hercules is a popular choice for early game, but he loses his value late game so I'm hoping for a home run SR that will last all the way through the late game

If you're determined to give Skadi an honest effort, Lancelot is a good choice. He's decent until she gets here too. Your roster is still in its early phase but it leans green more than anything. I would highly recommend hail marrying for Merlin right now with whatever you have though.

Herc is underwhelming until bond CE but he's good at every point thereafter. He falls off as you get more pieces to make your front line stronger as he is an anchor but your roster is far from that point.

He will also fall off if you have QSH (JP) or Cu Alter, but there's still scenarios where Herc is the best anchor you can field as counters to guts from his bond CE are a lot less common than pierce invul or evade. Cu Alter and QSH are also a rarity higher.
When you ask me for or I give gameplay advice, keep in mind that IDGAF how you play your game. Thanks.
(edited 6 months ago)

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
6 months ago#46
Woad_Brah posted...

Both Jack and Zerkerlot are strong quick servants, but you can't really make a competent team with them together if that is your question. Zerkerlot is just way too fragile to try ramping him up with help from Jack's active star generation. Zerkerlot can potentially star flood a turn for Jack, but there are better ways to get Jack to do damage. He really needs Skadi to do much beyond glass canon buster crit setups. If you do plan to shoot for Skadi, he is one of the big damage dealer options for her on the farming side.

If you want someone to enable budget pre-Skadi quick teams, I'd say maybe take a look at Tristan because the big problem quick has in general is being squishy. I could also say damage since quick damage boosters are more rare, but you can't so much fix that one. The thing to note here is that if you do grab Skadi next summer so that you can run double Skadi or Skadi/Merlin, Tristan becomes less relevant. Not only would this give you more options to defend your team from enemy NPs past Tristan's harp, but card damage is going to start scaling enough that his harp + 1 full support can't keep your team up long enough. Still, if you want to run right now a team with a distinctly quick flavor, he is one to consider. Zerkerlot on the other hand becomes much more relevant post Skadi when he can NP three turns in a row for pretty respectable damage.

Alternatively, instead of making a quick team, you can put strong quick point servants into buster crit and arts teams. Those like Jack/Scath can get a lot out of the tools Merlin brings like stars, attack, crit damage, and even the buster buff (more so Scath). Rishtar has good arts cards and decent NP damage so using her like an arts servant can work. These aren't really quick teams though. You're just playing a worse buster crit or arts due to the mismatched NP type, but you're still better off this way because you get to take advantage of two strong supports.
(edited 6 months ago)

User Info: Woad_Brah

Woad_Brah
6 months ago#47
Thank you both for your input!

I should clarify, I wasn't really planning on trying to get Skadi, but rather I was stating that, unfortunately, I started playing after the event that gives the NP5 Scathach assassin which I think would have helped with my quick team prospects.

I'll save up as much SQ as I can and roll the dice for Skadi but most likely I won't be lucky enough to get her, so I'm hoping to cobble something decent together out of the combination of SR/SSRs I have and my 1-3 stars.

Actually Tristan is a servant I was strongly considering as well. At the moment I don't have any rare archers so he could fill that role, and the party-wide evade is definitely appealing since I haven't leveled David yet.

To be honest I'm fine with going with a mis-matched team. I feel like I've had pretty good success with Rishtar/Nero so far. It's great for wave clearing but struggles against single opponents. Plus subbing in Jack with Rishtar usually allows for some quick combos to build up stars. However I'm concerned it won't be viable against whatever comes after Camelot
(edited 6 months ago)

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
6 months ago#48
Scath assassin isn't very good. She comes NP5 so she does enough damage for generic rider wave cleariny duty, but you didn't really miss out on much.

You can easily get over 1k SQ before Skadi so you can most likely get her if you want to save for her (obviously this is rng dependent so no guarantees).

For general team building, don't sleep on Mash. You said you're in Camelot which is when she gets a huge skill and NP upgrade. Class advantage damage dealer + Mash + optimal friend caster support goes a really long way. She is crazy good.

If you're just trying to put together something usable, I'd advise stacking counter classes over worrying about favored card types. There are only a couple of harder boss fights in most story chapters, and most events only have 1 'high difficulty' quest.

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
6 months ago#49
Tag.
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

User Info: Ikorus13

Ikorus13
4 months ago#50
I was thinking of trying something new and actually winning fights in a relatively timely manner for a change. My only member of the top 3 (soon to be 4) caster supports is sadly the worst of the bunch from a fast play point of view - tamamo - but my chaldea is overall pretty stacked with just really fantastic arts servants. And also some pretty nice buster ones, but no merlin. I'll just have to make sure I can get him for summer 4

So you think you could help me get a decent party or two set up? I have a pretty reliable daily farming party, but anything over hands in hp is out of reach, and I'd like to be able to beat cqs in under 50 turns thanks.

So the resources at my disposal are (focusing on arts): nero bride, tamamo np2, shuten, jeanne, saberlot, deon, tyrant nero, kuro, surfmo, casgil, edison, helena np2, kerry np2, bb, mash.

In terms of noteworthy ces I have a pair of 2030s, four scopes, three bodhisattva, poster girl, black grail, 500 year obsession, and every event welfare ce except from I think garden of order and fate/zero
FGO User ID: 055,832,829
Friendly Neighborhood Asterios Advocate
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. General Team Building and Piloting Guide
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A