• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. General Team Building and Piloting Guide

User Info: KanzarisKelshen

KanzarisKelshen
7 months ago#31
Question: wouldn't it usually be more consistent to run a pointman/sup/plug sup/dps backup/mash or second sup/other one setup for high volatility quests? Since if your pointman dies you're stuck playing full stall with this setup until your team wipes to the anchor or you win, and nobody deserves having to play full stall.

Really solid guide otherwise. Concise, clear, and useful. Thumbs up!
Shine on, you crazy diamond.

User Info: micpha

micpha
7 months ago#32
Superb write up! The only thing is that depending on Chen Gong's impact on the meta, we may need to swap the roles for Slot 1 and Slot 3. I've already messed that up in Party Selection a few times since I'm so used to DPS being in the left most slot.

User Info: agtady

agtady
7 months ago#33
KanzarisKelshen posted...
Question: wouldn't it usually be more consistent to run a pointman/sup/plug sup/dps backup/mash or second sup/other one setup for high volatility quests? Since if your pointman dies you're stuck playing full stall with this setup until your team wipes to the anchor or you win, and nobody deserves having to play full stall.

Really solid guide otherwise. Concise, clear, and useful. Thumbs up!

As I said in the disclaimers the order isn't set in stone.

However, that's typically worse for two reasons.

The first is that you want the guy coming in to fill in and replace the guy who dies. One of your supports dying prior to the damage dealer is much more likely than the reverse for a couple of reasons.

The damage dealer is more likely to be Fou'd or grailed. They normally receive more healing and defense buffs (Hero Creation, Fox Wedding, Reines 3rd skill, Bride 3rd skill), and you have one of them out as a target instead of 2 supports.

This still holds true when it comes to quests that hit hard (volatile). The only thing that changes is things dying at an overall faster rate.

The second and more important reason is that due to cost constraints, you will find that your setup's slot 5 (Mash or secondary front line support) will be often locked to Mash because in essence, you shifted using the cost allocated to the secondary frontline support, to your backup DPS.

Go ahead and play around with it a bit if it helps you visualize.

This results in trading off power from your initial front line to hedge against something unlikely to happen for the purpose of when that unlikely thing happens, you feel less awful about playing the comp.

I don't think that's worth it in particular.
(edited 7 months ago)

User Info: KanzarisKelshen

KanzarisKelshen
7 months ago#34
Makes a lot of sense. Thanks! I can definitely see how rolling out with a strong anchor can be better that way. :)
Shine on, you crazy diamond.

User Info: Ikorus13

Ikorus13
7 months ago#35
Personally, I like to use semisupports in slot 4 like rider ishtar or bride nero since they can replace anyone, no matter who dies first. And slot 5 I use for a plugsuit utility like david, or mash to try and save a crumbling team. If merlin cant invuln cycle fast enough, ill START with him and jeanne rather than plugsuiting her in. Then again, I don't have my own waver so maybe thats a factor.

I did just recently get volumen, how would you say that compares against a guts ce like white rose or lifesavers?
FGO User ID: 055,832,829
Friendly Neighborhood Asterios Advocate

User Info: MrSmokestack

MrSmokestack
7 months ago#36
@Ikorus13 posted...
I did just recently get volumen, how would you say that compares against a guts ce like white rose or lifesavers?

agtady posted...
On average Volumen is better and is appropriate on pretty much any Zerk with a guts, evade or both as it buys 1 extra turn that they can capitalize on with a Buster brave chain.

Starting NP CEs you put on a class advantaged damage dealer in a last ditch attempt to nuke whatever is left standing. They are occasionally also useful on anchors whose survivability are tied to NP like Osakabehime or QSH who can NP off the bat with any 50% charge CE.

Another factor to consider is if your anchor has enough survivability to build gauge manually anyways. Herc and Cu usually get to do that in the latter part of their solo by just surviving long enough.
DID YOU KNOW THAT NINETY-SEVEN PERCENT OF ALL LIVING THINGS ON PANDORA AREN'T EXPLODING RIGHT NOW? THAT'S BULLS***, BUY TORGUE! -Mr. Torgue

agtady
7 months ago#37
Ikorus13 posted...
Personally, I like to use semisupports in slot 4 like rider ishtar or bride nero since they can replace anyone, no matter who dies first. And slot 5 I use for a plugsuit utility like david, or mash to try and save a crumbling team. If merlin cant invuln cycle fast enough, ill START with him and jeanne rather than plugsuiting her in. Then again, I don't have my own waver so maybe thats a factor.

I can go deeper into it.

If there's no invul pierce, Volumen is better for 3 reasons.

a) When you can set up a clean solo, wherein it's just your anchor versus the enemy, a guts CEs will only buy you 1 turn max. Volumen buys at least 1 turn. The enemy can choose to not whack you for any of their 3 actions and you can keep the remaining invul(s) for next turn.

b) When you can't set up a clean solo, and your anchor gets beat down before the remaining team members, most of the guts' value is wasted as you don't get to skip the enemy turn. Volumen will always prevent 3 hits.

c) Volumen is better in getting your anchor to their preferred solo situation faster because its value is frontloaded. It protects your anchor from the get go and lets the other team members die (which you want at this point).

User Info: TetsuoS2

TetsuoS2
7 months ago#38
For servants who can cycle their own guts it's pretty unnecessary as well, since you end up not being able to use that skill until you consume the charge.
FGO NA ID: 973,333,976
Support List Image: https://i.imgur.com/Qdw5kXh.png

User Info: Exaspenite

Exaspenite
7 months ago#39
Not to mention that guts is usually meaningless when any sort of degen or environmental life drain is in play.

Just wanted to clarify: "Hans (JP)" means you don't believe he is worth using until post-strengthening in slot 3, correct?

Great guide, btw.
(edited 7 months ago)

agtady
7 months ago#40
Exaspenite posted...
Not to mention that guts is usually meaningless when any sort of degen or environmental life drain is in play.

Just wanted to clarify: "Hans (JP)" means you don't believe he is worth using until post-strengthening in slot 3, correct?

Great guide, btw.

Yes, Hans is often too squishy to be a frontliner in JP. In NA, he's alright.

After he got his strengthening, he's much better as a slot 3, or a suicide taunter as most of his value is now in the third skill.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. General Team Building and Piloting Guide
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A