• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Rabbit's Reviews #233: Ishtar (4* Rider)
22whiterabbit22 2 years ago#1
Ishtar (4* Rider)

https://i.imgtc.ws/LxdX88R.png

Riderin is a really neat welfare servant. As a Quick semi-support with an offensive lean, she’s a nice option for players looking to run Quick teams outside of generic Skadi loop setups. Her utility is somewhat limited as semi-supports go—only one of her skills is supportive, technically—but she provides a very large boost to Quick NP gain that makes her a great partner for NP-centric servants like Okita and Ridetoki.

Stats:
ATK: 9603
HP: 10692
Attribute: Sky
Growth Curve: Reverse S
Star Absorption: 200
Star Generation: 9%
NP Charge ATK: 0.68%
NP Charge DEF: 3%
Death Rate: 35%
Alignment: Lawful Good
Traits: Divine, Female, Humanoid, Pseudo-Servant, Riding, Servant, Weak to Enuma Elish

Cards: QQAAB
Q: 2-hit
A: 3-hit
B: 5-hit
E: 3-hit

Availability: Welfare

Active Skills:
Shining Water Robe A (Party Quick card performance up 10-20% for 3 turns; Party Buster card performance up 10-20% for 3 turns; Party NP gain up 10-20% for 3 turns; 7 turn cooldown)
Accel Turn B (Self dodge for 1 attack; Self crit damage up 30-50% for 1 turn; 6 turn cooldown)
Summer Breaker! A (Self invuln for 1 attack; Self crit damage up 30-50% for 1 turn; Self star gen up 30-50% for 1 turn; Self NP gain up 30-50% for 1 turn; Self debuff resistance up 30-50% for 1 turn; Self healing received up 30-50% for 1 turn; Self stun for 1 turn after 1 turn; 8 turn cooldown)

Passive Skills:
Riding EX (Self Quick card performance up 12%)
Independent Action A (Self crit damage up 10%)
Core of the Goddess B (Self damage up 225; Self debuff resistance up 22.5%)

Noble Phantasm:
An Gal Ta Seven Colors
Type: Quick
Hit-Count: 4
Effects:
-Increases own Quick card performance by 20-60%** for 1 turn
-Deals 600-1000%* damage to all enemies
*Scales with NP level
**Scales with overcharge

Total Ascension Materials:
-Golden Reed x4

Total Skill Materials (per skill):
-Gem of Rider x14
-Magic Gem of Rider x14
-Secret Gem of Rider x14
-Shell of Reminiscence x12
-Primordial Lanugo x8
-Scarab of Wisdom x8
-Strange Divine Wine x8
-Crystallized Lore x1
And as imagination bodies forth the forms of things unknown, the poet's pen turns them to shapes and gives to airy nothing a local habitation and a name.
22whiterabbit22 2 years ago#2
Rin trails Ridetoki slightly in both attack and HP, but she still has the second-highest attack stat of the SR Riders, which leaves her well-positioned for both strong crits and powerful NP damage. Her terrible Quicks mean she’s not as good at star gen as many other Quick servants, but she does have an in-kit star gen buff to help out a little bit. Her NP gain is lopsided, too, with excellent Arts cards and terrible Quicks. Fortunately, Rin’s kit is filled with NP gain buffs and Quick buffs, which means her Arts cards will gain meter better than many single-Arts servants’ cards and her Quicks aren’t as dead in practice as they are on paper. Her passives help with this, as she has an EX level of Riding to noticeably boost her effective damage and NP gain on both her NP and her Quick cards. She also has a high level of Independent Action for strong crits, and Core of the Goddess for debuff resistance and marginal extra damage.

As a welfare, Rin is super easy to ascend provided you do the event. Her skill mats aren’t bad either.

All three of Rin’s skills are quite strong and all are worth leveling. Recommended skill order is 1>2>3.
-Shining Water Robe is the centerpiece of Rin’s kit. It’s sort of like a specialty Charisma, but instead of boosting attack, it boosts Quicks, Busters, and NP gain. From a straight damage-boosting standpoint this isn’t overly impressive, but the multiplicative stacking on the Quick and NP gain buffs leads to noticeably faster NP cycling in Quick teams. In other words, Rin is most helpful not in teams that need more damage but rather in teams that need faster damage. A well-leveled Riderin can help already-strong allies to NP more frequently while also outputting a high level of damage herself, and this skill is largely what makes that possible. The Buster buff also means Rin has a bit of synergy with certain Buster servants (such as Cleo and Majin Saber) and can help boost Quick servants with strong Buster crits (like Okita and Scathach).
-Accel Turn is most notable for being a dodge on a 4-turn CD. It only lasts for one attack, but like PfA-type skills it can’t be wasted and the short CD means Rin can use it more-or-less freely. It also buffs Rin’s crit damage by 50% for a turn, which contributes to her overall damage output.
-Summer Breaker is an odd skill. Like Accel turn, it provides a single hit of invuln along with a 50% crit damage buff, and the story here is similar albeit less the advantage of the short CD. Rin can safely use Accel turn more aggressively, but generally speaking she’ll want to save this skill for when she needs the survival. This skill also comes with a plethora of additional effects of varying usefulness. The star gen buff isn’t all that helpful, though on an NP-led brave chain it can let Rin drop a fair number of stars. The NP gain buff is quite powerful and gives Rin monstrous Arts cards for a turn while also largely patching up her Quicks. The debuff resistance buff can help Rin shrug off debuffs when invuln-ing through an enemy NP. The healing received buff is largely a gimmick and is unlikely to matter much, particularly in Quick teams (which are chronically healing-deprived). In exchange for all this, Rin gets stunned for a turn, which both prevents her from taking advantage of the stars and meter this skill generates and effectively slows her skill cooldowns by a turn. Rin’s CDs are a significant strength, so in general she’ll want to avoid using this skill until absolutely necessary, unless an ally has debuff clear ready to cancel out the stun.

Rin’s NP is a fairly standard AoE NP that comes with a pre-activation Quick buff. While Rin’s skill-based NP steroids are quite low, the pre-NP buff and Riding EX bring her up to a perfectly respectable 52% in total Quick steroids, which, when combined with her good attack stat and auto-NP5 status, mean her NP damage output is actually quite good.
And as imagination bodies forth the forms of things unknown, the poet's pen turns them to shapes and gives to airy nothing a local habitation and a name.
22whiterabbit22 2 years ago#3
Usage Tips:

As Quick is starved for supports until/without Skadi, semi-supports tend to be unusually important to the card type. Additionally, the faster style of play Quick teams prefer makes them particularly friendly to servants who buff party damage while also providing damage themselves. Furthermore, while Rider star weight is typically a disadvantage on supports and semi-supports, Rin’s sky-high crit damage potential allows her to make good use of any stars she steals, and many of her favored DPS partners can either draw stars or flood out without much issue, so Rin’s high star weight is at worst not a significant problem and at best an advantage.

All this is to say that Rin is a strong semi-support for Quick teams. In a pre-Skadi world, she does well alongside DPS servants who can make use of her NP gain enabling, like Ridetoki, Okita, and Parvati, with a more defensive servant (such as Tristan or Hans) occupying the third slot. Once Skadi is released, she can easily slot in to that third space as well. These types of teams need to be able to win quickly or else they’ll fall apart, so they won’t work for every fight, but as less-expensive Quick options go they do fairly well.

Given that star gen is not a particular strength for Rin, passive star gen CEs like 2030 or Wolves of Mibu can help to keep the team’s damage output a bit more stable. Rin’s bond CE is actually also pretty nice, as the combined Quick and NP damage buffs synergize wonderfully with Rin’s NP-enabling support function.

Grail Potential:

If you like to run Quick teams, Rin is a solid contender for a pair of grails. The extra stats will let her hit that much harder and make her harder to kill, adding a bit of stability to a servant who fits into relatively volatile team comps.

In Conclusion:

Rin is one of the most important free tools Quick teams get. She’s something of a glue servant who can slide into most mid-range Quick comps to make the team a bit smoother, and her damage is high enough that she can flex into a full DPS function if the intended damage-dealer dies to an unlucky crit or NP. There’s a lot to like here.

Rabbit’s Arbitrary Ratings:

Overall: 9/10
Single-Target DPS: 7/10
AoE DPS: 8/10
Survivability: 7/10
Offensive Utility: 6/10
Defensive Utility: N/A
Farming Usefulness: 7/10
Spacetime Scooter: 10/10
(message deleted)
aliceroose 2 years ago#5
I might grail her

Thankyou for the review as always!
FGO NA : 308,633,284 [Name: Rosevelt]
Melt is love, Melt is life<3
ReiRei89 2 years ago#6
I'm planning to do the CQs to get her to NP5 but I won't be leveling her for a long while. I am slowly investing in quick servants though so i'll get to her sooner or later.
FGO US:973,940,202 JP:410,404,215
Resident Europa fangirl
Reno_Ragestar 2 years ago#7
ReiRei89 posted...
I'm planning to do the CQs to get her to NP5 but I won't be leveling her for a long while. I am slowly investing in quick servants though so i'll get to her sooner or later.
I leveled her because none of the other summer 2 servants wanted to show and take my exp cards.
Goraishi 2 years ago#8
22whiterabbit22 posted...
In a pre-Skadi world, she does well alongside DPS servants who can make use of her NP gain enabling, like Ridetoki, Okita, and Parvati, with a more defensive servant (such as Tristan or Hans) occupying the third slot.

You keep pitching her in this role, but can you provide an example of any reasonably challenging quest with that team? From what I see, your team dies, especially if you use Tristan as the 3rd. Actually nevermind, a Hans 3rd means you can't stop NPs so you're still toast.

You mention Rin's sky high crit damage, but is it? She has 1 buster. Without class advantage and outside buffs, she isn't critting for substantial numbers. So yeah, she may be able to put out nice numbers as the main hitter, but not if you're running her as a semi-support to help buff someone else.

I love Rishtar. I've used her on some challenging quests like Jaguarman Gil Fest as my main damage dealer. However, I feel like you're completely misrepresenting her.
FlareKnights 2 years ago#9
I'm glad to add another good welfare to the mix. And someone who can both do some AOE clears and some support work doesn't sound bad to me. Okita can always use more quick allies and now that I stumbled upon getting Maid Alter the more options for teammates the better.

And it is a Rin servant. With my failures to get Ishtar in her archer form, I will gladly add her welfare to team comps.
"Many think that courage is power. Real courage is when you surpass your own desires to protect something dear.." Dan, Wild Arms
PSN:FlareKnights
Is_Corrupted 2 years ago#10
I'm planning to run her alongside Osakabehime eventually.
Marcus is the answer for anything except "best unit who isn't Marcus," but even then he is a strong contender. - PokeAMon
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Rabbit's Reviews #233: Ishtar (4* Rider)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A