• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Fate Extella Top Servants *Spoiler

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
1 month ago#21
Cu is always a top Servant.

It's only in Grand Order where we get this immortal, unkillable Scathach who Cu can't even touch. Because she's the Post Lancer of the game.
Cancer free 48 months and counting!
EAGLES ARE SUPER BOWL LII CHAMPIONS

User Info: McSleeve77

McSleeve77
1 month ago#22
RayMaster94 posted...

You’re gonna have to provide context for that claim, because I have also played Extella and have no recollection of any explicit references to Hakuno ever going near the far side of the Moon.

"..How nostalgic. Fighting alongside you like this. Oh, but the Moon's Holy Grail War wasn't THAT long ago, was it? We met so many people then, and said farewell to many as well. ...And I feel like there was some incident that happened in between the lines somewhere...or did it?" - Tamamo, Orchid Words - Queen

"Faced with such a powerful presence, Caster stands her ground unflinching. I'm impressed. I don't think she's ever met anyone this hellbent on destruction, not in the Holy Grail War and not in the Labyrinth. So what is this feeling?" - Hakuno, Orchid Words - Concert

"Oh, is that your Master locked away in your ring? You pathetic little prisoner...though you are rather astute, I must say. At any rate, you were not the titan I expected you to be. I had no choice but to determine that for myself. Still...

Hm? He gave me a look just now. Or did I imagine it?

...Oh, so this is how fate plays out. How amusing. Rejoice, Altera! I have decided that from this point on, I shall act as your second in command!"
- Gilgamesh, Dawn - Elite

"This... This is not the end. No more so than when we fought in the Moon Cell core, or when we battled through the labyrinth of cherry blossoms... No matter where we are, we always pull through." - Hakuno, Impact

The labyrinth of cherry blossoms is the game's translation for the Sakura Labyrinth, which is the setting in CCC. There are at least two indirect references (made by Gil and Tamamo), as well as the two direct acknowledgements by Hakuno. Some are buried in the dialogue, so they're easy to miss.

At one point in the story, Hakuno also suggests using the mythological mystic codes, the servant's origin outfits from CCC, as a means of combating Altera. The origin outfits gave the servants the power to equal BB's authority as an earth goddess and let them fight her on even footing.

User Info: RayMaster94

RayMaster94
1 month ago#23
Huh. Okay then, I stand corrected.

Still think the game’s horribly inconsistent with its lore in an attempt at fanservice, but whatever.
I am the mighty pop-tart wizard!
Official(?) Nero Claudius of the Fate/Grand Order (US) Board

User Info: TiamatNM

TiamatNM
1 month ago#24
The top servant thing doesn't really matter. It seems to be vaguely based on how powerful they are, but they can still lose to non-top servants even 1 on 1. Nero/Tamamo/Nameless aren't top servants yet they can (and did) beat everyone if you picked them in Extra. Protagonist bonus is strong.

User Info: RayMaster94

RayMaster94
1 month ago#25
I’m inclined to think that Extella’s “Top Servants” thing is basically meant to be something similar to Grand Servants, where certain powerful Servants are summoned by the Moon Cell for the explicit purpose of defending it, and may in fact get something of a power boost for that purpose.
Considering that Scathach mentions that Top Servants aren’t meant to stick around for long, that power boost would likely be a double-edged sword.
I am the mighty pop-tart wizard!
Official(?) Nero Claudius of the Fate/Grand Order (US) Board

User Info: gaom45

gaom45
1 month ago#26
I don't know why you guys keep saying no mention of BB as some kind of proof CCC didn't happen. In the CCC game they mention that once you resolve everything everyone will forget what happened on the dark side of the moon as the Mooncell tries to restore everything to the way it was.

It's a Gaiden chapter that happens between chapters of original Extra with all memories being wiped at the end.

The only exception being if you did Gil's route because he pulls shenanigans to be your Servant in the Mooncell Grail war at the end.

Extella basically handwaves and implies Gil was your temporary servant on the dark side then you went back to Nero when you returned to the grail war.

User Info: YaminoSeigi

YaminoSeigi
1 month ago#27
Off topic but I just finished extella link main story which was weaker than the first game, must have something to do with less involvement of Nasu on second game.

In any case there are still plenty of room for improvements for extella, hopefully jalter and mordred made it in the next iteration.
3DS FC: 4441 8854 0700
Blog: Yaminoseigi.blogspot.com

User Info: gaom45

gaom45
1 month ago#28
YaminoSeigi posted...
Off topic but I just finished extella link main story which was weaker than the first game, must have something to do with less involvement of Nasu on second game.

In any case there are still plenty of room for improvements for extella, hopefully jalter and mordred made it in the next iteration.

Extella Link felt a little incomplete on the story side but feel like it was used to set up the next chapter of story telling. They mentioned more human wizards were starting to populate Moon Cell and entire towns and regions were sprouting up. I read somewhere that they don't plan on doing another Musou game anytime soon but that they weren't done with Extra's story.

I'm hoping this means we're going to get another full fledged RPG but knowing Japan it could also mean we end up with a Pachinko game.

User Info: Kneekicker

Kneekicker
1 month ago#29
gaom45 posted...
YaminoSeigi posted...

Extella Link felt a little incomplete on the story side but feel like it was used to set up the next chapter of story telling. They mentioned more human wizards were starting to populate Moon Cell and entire towns and regions were sprouting up. I read somewhere that they don't plan on doing another Musou game anytime soon but that they weren't done with Extra's story.

I'm hoping this means we're going to get another full fledged RPG but knowing Japan it could also mean we end up with a Pachinko game.

Marvelous doesn't dabble much in conventional RPGs, so if they remain as the developers for subsequent Extra games the closest we'll likely get to that point is an action RPG hybrid. Of course, there's always the chance of them taking a back seat as publisher once more and letting other people develop the new games. They've generally got a good track record with their games so I'm not too concerned, but it's a shame Imageepoch died considering they had really upped their game on CCC after Extra.
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6117-3933 | PSN: ansonip2000 | Steam: Kneekicker
Official Take-Mikazuchi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Fate Extella Top Servants *Spoiler
  • Topic Archived