You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. So, what's the big deal about Nerofest?
I see people talking about it all of the time, but the shop list doesn't make it seem much different than any other event.

https://grandorder.wiki/Nero_Festival_Redux_~2017_Autumn~
I can hear the baying of the hounds, in the distance

User Info: Kneekicker

Kneekicker
6 days ago#2
The shop list isn't what everyone is excited for: it's the lotto. It's why people save up their apples.
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6117-3933 | PSN: ansonip2000 | Steam: Kneekicker
Official Take-Mikazuchi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.

User Info: Zero0X0

Zero0X0
6 days ago#3
THE GEMS lots of it
Switch FC: SW 1645-5886-8487
3DS FC: 1908-0559-8154

User Info: Ikorus13

Ikorus13
6 days ago#4
Any new player NEEDS nerofest lotto, since it will set them up for the entire year and beyond for pieces and monuments. Plus, effectively unlimited materials, governed solely by your time and patience.

The other big one is christmas, which is even better once you've had at least one nerofest. It swaps out statues for gems.
FGO User ID: 055,832,829
Friendly Neighborhood Asterios Advocate

User Info: Demonrugal

Demonrugal
6 days ago#5
You can literally farm lotto box endlessly, except limited CEs and Crystalized Lore. There are embers and gems. Lots of them. Which mean you don’t need to farm daily quests for a longggggg time.
If you get to hell, tell them I sent you. You get a free T-shirt.

User Info: Kneekicker

Kneekicker
6 days ago#6
Ikorus13 posted...
It swaps out statues for gems.

Not quite right this year. Nerofest 3, Christmas 2, and Christmas 3 all have gems. I personally like it better that way, since statues are much more common than gems in regular event shops and the latter is always in short supply for anyone as a result.
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6117-3933 | PSN: ansonip2000 | Steam: Kneekicker
Official Take-Mikazuchi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.

User Info: GrandConjuraton

GrandConjuraton
6 days ago#7
Eh, x.x . The embers and gold gems seem fine, but there's not really anything else I actually NEED, I guess.

I'll continue to use my apples and (sometimes) quartz in the meantime.
I can hear the baying of the hounds, in the distance

User Info: farson135

farson135
6 days ago#8
GrandConjuraton posted...
Eh, x.x . The embers and gold gems seem fine, but there's not really anything else I actually NEED, I guess.

Fine? Are you not leveling your servant's skills? Each 3* needs 36 Gold Gems, and that requires weeks of normal AP grinding.
FGO- Name: Sarah, ID: 095,432,810

User Info: Ikorus13

Ikorus13
6 days ago#9
farson135 posted...
GrandConjuraton posted...

Fine? Are you not leveling your servant's skills? Each 3* needs 36 Gold Gems, and that requires weeks of normal AP grinding.

s***, thats just golds. Personally I'm chronically short on blues too. About the only thing I have a decent amount of is reds, and only for a couple of classes. Basically, I love Nerofest.
FGO User ID: 055,832,829
Friendly Neighborhood Asterios Advocate

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
6 days ago#10
Kneekicker posted...
The shop list isn't what everyone is excited for: it's the lotto. It's why people save up their apples.

It is also the exhibition quests.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. So, what's the big deal about Nerofest?