• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Nightless City Servants?

User Info: Ikorus13

Ikorus13
1 month ago#1
So looking at the roster for the next GSSR, the only new face I spotted was Caster of Nightless City, Scheherazade. That tells me that that will be our next pseudo-singularity in all likelihood. I'm also already aware of the 4☆ Assassin, Wu Zetian. Will there be any more "mystery servants"? By my recollection shinjuku had three - Archer, Rider (Avenger), and Assassin - so there's still room for at least one more, potentially.

Also just out of mild curiosity, how would you say it rates as a story chapter? Because even if it was a touch hectic compared to camelot or babylon (though the latter started moving very fast too near the end) I really enjoyed Shinjuku.
FGO User ID: 055,832,829
Friendly Neighborhood Asterios Advocate

User Info: FeatherineA

FeatherineA
1 month ago#2
What do you mean by mystery Servants ? Ones whose identities we don't immediately learn about ? Then there's also Caster of Midrash and Caster of Okeanos, Berserker of El Dorado. Oh right, there's a Rider too.

Can't recall anyone else off the top of my head.

EDIT: unless you mean mystery servants strictly in the next chapter.

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
1 month ago#3
Rider of Resistance and Berserker of El Dorado are also from Argatha I believe. Along with the two mentioned in the OP, I think that is all of them. The two casters mentioned above are from Salem.

User Info: Artemisthemp

Artemisthemp
1 month ago#4
The servant coming with Agartha banner:

Scheherazade
Penthesilea
Wu
Columbus - Too this day he still doesn't have a "real" Rate up banner.

Agartha is servant wise a very sad chapter since only Banner 1 of Agartha bring something new while Agartha 2... Guess they need to buy some time while working on stuff.

User Info: Kneekicker

Kneekicker
1 month ago#5
EoR's writers aren't officially revealed, but there's like a >60% chance Agartha was written by Sakurai. It's a great step up from Septum and London, but it's still one of the weaker EoR sub-singularities: Salem is usually agreed to be the best on that front.

Without spoiling anything specific, Scherazade is kind of pathetic in Agartha and she's arguably a let down for anyone who's a fan of the 1001 Nights - though she redeems herself further down the line post-Agartha with some good character development. Penth, Wu, and Columbus are all fairly well written, although Columbus can be slightly divisive since he retains the values he held in life contemporary to his time, in contrast to most other Servants who have accepted the changing values and standards of the world since their time. I personally think he's pretty great for it, and the only other Servant as old-fashioned as him are the Hokusai duo.

By far the best part of Agartha is your companions: School Astolfo, Maid D'eon, and Fergus Lily. The second best part is Megaros/Herc on steroids, who is as awesome as he is terrifying.

For the purpose of keeping count of EoR Servants with hidden identities: Shinjuku has 3, Agartha has 4, Shimosa and Salem both have 2 for a total of 11.
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6117-3933 | PSN: ansonip2000 | Steam: Kneekicker
Official Take-Mikazuchi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.

User Info: KanzarisKelshen

KanzarisKelshen
1 month ago#6

Without spoiling anything specific, Scherazade is kind of pathetic in Agartha and she's arguably a let down for anyone who's a fan of the 1001 Nights

No arguably. It's a character assassination that takes away the reasons why anyone would love her besides her being hot. There's a reason Shaz is the only character I can think of to get an open personality retcon besides Sanson, I feel.
Shine on, you crazy diamond.

User Info: Kneekicker

Kneekicker
1 month ago#7
KanzarisKelshen posted...

Without spoiling anything specific, Scherazade is kind of pathetic in Agartha and she's arguably a let down for anyone who's a fan of the 1001 Nights

No arguably. It's a character assassination that takes away the reasons why anyone would love her besides her being hot. There's a reason Shaz is the only character I can think of to get an open personality retcon besides Sanson, I feel.

I agree for the most part, but there's still a bit of wiggle room to be had since there's a certain level of justification to be had with why Scherazade is so afraid of death. The biggest problem is her wimpy cowardice, because it doesn't quite suit a woman who used both stories and allure to keep herself alive. Merely having her be afraid of death with maybe some occasional minor PTSD would've been enough, but turning her into a total wreck just took it too far. She essentially got Jason'd to a far bigger extent with how different she is compared to her 1001 Nights characterization, and not even in a funny way. When I think of Scherazade, I usually think of a confident woman who can put on charming airs and pull wool over people's eyes.

I wasn't pleased with her at all initially, but her Interlude managed to salvage her in my eyes somewhat. I always felt that people would have a much favourable impression of her if her Interlude character development had occurred within Agartha itself or some other part of the story. Similar to Tristan, anyone who doesn't have her is gonna be limited to their impressions of her from just Agartha and Summer 2 plus whatever sporadic appearances she makes elsewhere. Tokugawa thankfully gave her a chance to shine again, but that's still quite a ways off.
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6117-3933 | PSN: ansonip2000 | Steam: Kneekicker
Official Take-Mikazuchi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.

User Info: Ikorus13

Ikorus13
1 month ago#8
It saddens me to hear that caster is getting the tristan treatment. 1001 nights is too good of a source material to be wasted like that.

Granted its appropriate for death to be a looming concern, but scheherezade should be anything BUT a coward. Her brains, bravery, and sheer audacity are what makes her a legendary character. I expected better, especially out of type-moon.
FGO User ID: 055,832,829
Friendly Neighborhood Asterios Advocate

User Info: mixedmethods

mixedmethods
1 month ago#9
Her abhorrent personality is still better than her utterly tragic gameplay. f***ing Phantom of the Opera does more damage than she does. Let that sink in.

User Info: freakcan

freakcan
1 month ago#10
Are those names spoilers?
Currently playing: TBA
On queue: Dark Souls 2
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Nightless City Servants?
  • Topic Archived