• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Is it better for a slightly new player to max out 1 servant? or have many lv 90?

User Info: shootingfoul

shootingfoul
1 month ago#1
I am not really entirely new, since I've played this game for a month and a half so I put slightly new. I currently have:

Saber: Mordred lv 90
Lancer: Filler lv 40
Archer: Filler lv 21
Rider: Medusa lv 70
Assassin: Carmella lv 90
Caster: Filler lv 1
Berserker: Kiyohime lv 70
Shielder: Mash lv 80

Ruler and Avenger: Empty

Does my team look sexist? Yes, I'm doing the challenge where I beat this game using only female servants, of course, this restriction doesn't apply to supports, but I was wondering, what direction would you recommend me focus on?

I am planning to roll for Parvati and Grail her to lv 100. So I saved a lot of Grails for her.

I have been saving up almost all my SQ and tickets and barely used any since I've played this game, so I think by the time Parvati is released, I will have a ton of SQ and tickets due to how late she's released and how much SQ the story, free quest and Interludes/Strengthening Quests will give me. My concern is, story, free quest and Interludes/Strengthening Quests SQ are finite resource. Should I:

1. Get NP 1 or 2 Parvati and focus my SQ and tickets on getting lv 90 servants to fill up all my filler class slots? (Archer, Rider, Caster, Berserker)...I feel I could skip Ruler and Avenger for now since they are rare.

or

2. Focus all my resources on getting just 1 servant(Parvati) to become very attractive for others to want to use(since if I choose option 1, my servants would be average/below average, and nobody will use my servants other other player's servants anyway). Basically, since I'm grailing her to lv 100 anyway, why not go all into NP5? My other classes will suck.

My main question is: Is it more important to have 1 servant that stands out where at least other players will likely consider, but your other classes suck? Or is it more important to have a lv 90 copy of all classes, but they will all be average/below average?

Thank you in advance.

User Info: GSenjou

GSenjou
1 month ago#2
NP1 is fine unless you're a marine animal, focus on diversifying your roster.
FGO: Aoba

User Info: Dishware

Dishware
1 month ago#3
Get support casters (Skadi/Waver). Get Parvati NP2 at the minimum. That'll do.

User Info: farson135

farson135
1 month ago#4
No one is likely to use your servants very often (even if you do max out Parvati in every way). 99% of what we do is farming. Waver with MLB Lunchtime, and a Rider with MLB Mona Lisa is going to make the vast majority of FP outside of events. During Events, servants that either have a bonus, or an Event CE will get the most.

Filling all of your slots with good servants is about making your "resume" look as good as possible, so that people will add you. Having a "marquee" servant will certainly help, but the rest of your list has to speak for itself.

Also, for the Extra Slot, you already have Mash (who fits in that slot), and as long as you do the CCC Event in Late April, you will be given another servant to put in that slot- https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/B_B
FGO- Name: Sarah, ID: 095,432,810

shootingfoul
1 month ago#5
Thanks everyone for giving me a perspective. In other words, the best chance I have is if I can focus on filling up my class slots with lv 90 servants...then, get as many event CEs on them as I can?

shootingfoul
1 month ago#6
farson135 posted...
Also, for the Extra Slot, you already have Mash (who fits in that slot), and as long as you do the CCC Event in Late April, you will be given another servant to put in that slot- https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/B_B

OMG, B B is free too? I saw that we all get a free Nobunaga too, it might not seem like a lot for others, but for me, where my archer slot is none-existent and she can go up to lv 80, that is very good. I can't believe I'm getting 2 free 4 star servants $_$...

User Info: farson135

farson135
1 month ago#7
shootingfoul posted...
farson135 posted...

OMG, B B is free too? I saw that we all get a free Nobunaga too, it might not seem like a lot for others, but for me, where my archer slot is none-existent and she can go up to lv 80, that is very good. I can't believe I'm getting 2 free 4 star servants $_$...

You will be getting Welfare servants in 4/5 of the upcoming Events. The other two are-
https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Chacha
https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Sakata_Kintoki_(Rider)

shootingfoul posted...
Thanks everyone for giving me a perspective. In other words, the best chance I have is if I can focus on filling up my class slots with lv 90 servants...then, get as many event CEs on them as I can?

If you want a lot of FP, a 5* support Caster (ideally Waver), with a MLB Chaldea Lunchtime, and a 5* Rider (ideally Drake or Ozy) with a MLB Mona Lisa. Those are the only two you need. Everything else is largely fluff, outside of events. At which point, how much you spend for Event CEs, and which bonus servants you have prepared will decide.
FGO- Name: Sarah, ID: 095,432,810

User Info: GSenjou

GSenjou
1 month ago#8
shootingfoul posted...
I can't believe I'm getting 2 free 4 star servants $_$...

Good news, including the reruns, you'll be getting a total of 11 new welfares this year, 10 of which are 4*s.
FGO: Aoba

User Info: Milennin

Milennin
1 month ago#9
As a new player, I'd say it's most important to focus on a balanced party to get through the story and events, as they come. Once your main party gets to max level, the rest will follow pretty quickly, because you can start doing more of the high end content to get all the rewards from, like, events.
I remember it took me like 3 months to max out my first main party, but once I got there, it got a lot easier to get a bunch of my other servants up there too.
Offence is taken, not given.

User Info: bdragan18

bdragan18
1 month ago#10
This game definitely tries to balance gacha hell with welfare heaven- the extent it succeeds is up to interpretation, but I'm glad for the effort.

Especially since you get them at np5.
Eh.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Is it better for a slightly new player to max out 1 servant? or have many lv 90?
  • Topic Archived