You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Increased % of getting dupes

User Info: darkjeremie

darkjeremie
1 week ago#1
So, I've been curious about this but I assume the answer is "yes" but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Last night and today I got dupe 4* and 5*. Quite a few of them and that's despite the fact I have very, VERY few of them. This leads me to wonder, is this another one of those games where getting a specific character increases the % that you'll get a dupe after acquiring them?

I think a part of me wants to say yes regardless of what anyone has to say because I've seen so many people in the past roll a 5* and get the exact same one in the same roll despite the fact that servant wasn't featured.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue. (This topic has been eaten)
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: mazurka

mazurka
1 week ago#2
The percentages are stated right in the game. So unless they are flat out lying to us (in which case we'd never know if they were or weren't anyway) then we have to assume that those numbers they give us are accurate. In which case it states that it's a flat 1% chance to roll a 5-star servant, and then when you do roll a 5-star servant you have a 70% chance (on single servant rate ups) of that 5-star being the rated up unit.

Personally I do not feel like they are lying to us with those numbers that they put in the game. Reason being that if they ever got caught then they would get it a lot of legal trouble as well as trouble from both Apple and Google. Simply not worth the risk.
Now with super wall in FFRK!
Fate IGN: Arminus
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: OverlordDeath

OverlordDeath
1 week ago#3
RNGs RNG. Sometimes it's good, other times it's bad. What you're describing has never happened to me, for example. Though a few months ago the game gave me like, 3 Saberlots in the process of pulling...I think it might've been Merlin, but I don't remember.

darkjeremie
1 week ago#4
I feel it's easy to say "RNG is RNG". I stopped putting that line of thought into consideration after what happened tonight and after the last two weeks. I've seen it happen in other games and the more I think about it, the more pointless making that topic was since I already had my answer before posting it. Sorry for the waste of time.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue. (This topic has been eaten)
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: maguskiller

maguskiller
1 week ago#5
It's just RNG. Today I pulled Orion from the tamamo and mhxa shared rate-up banner despite the chance of a non rate-up ssr spook being a mere 20%. She's np3 now and I never pulled for her. It comes down to luck at the end of the day if you get something new or not.
FGO NA: 844,600,029

User Info: Maxmilion

Maxmilion
1 week ago#6
RNG, everything else is just in your head.

Like when in a test with multiple answers, if you somehow answered "A choice" more than 3 times, and the 4th answer you think is another A, your head starts questioning it, even though it's right.

darkjeremie
1 week ago#7
Maxmilion posted...
RNG, everything else is just in your head.

Like when in a test with multiple answers, if you somehow answered "A choice" more than 3 times, and the 4th answer you think is another A, your head starts questioning it, even though it's right.

Play plenty of gacha games and RNG will lose all it's meaning and that's coming from someone who had EX rank luck on plenty of games. At first I thought the same way but after a while, it became blatant in some games. This is exactly what has been happening with F/GO. If it had happened on one account I might've discounted it as "RNG" but on two accounts? Nope. It's disappointing that F/GO is no different from those games especially when one has to put into consideration how low the rates are.

That being said, after realizing that, I suddenly realized that this issue is the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the game.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: OverlordDeath

OverlordDeath
1 week ago#8
Believe what you wish, but your "evidence" is nowhere close to being enough for your assumption to have any merit.

User Info: maguskiller

maguskiller
1 week ago#9
Remember that you are only one sample. Did you roll often enough that you can make such a strong claim? If what you claim is true, it would have been identified long ago because people actually keep track of and analyze their rolls, especially over there in JP.
FGO NA: 844,600,029

User Info: Maxmilion

Maxmilion
1 week ago#10
Lol "issue".

I think you're the one that has an "issue" in your head.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Increased % of getting dupes