• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. GameFAQs "Which phone/device do you use" Survey

User Info: x Shadow

x Shadow
2 months ago#1
Operating System - Results (210 votes)
iOS; performance is great
33.33% (70 votes)
iOS; performance is mediocre
2.86% (6 votes)
iOS; performance sucks
0.48% (1 vote)
Android; performance is great
37.14% (78 votes)
Android; performance is mediocre
17.14% (36 votes)
Android; performance sucks.
2.38% (5 votes)
Emulator, and it's great when it doesn't get blocked
6.67% (14 votes)
You can say that emulator is slow for you, but I know you're lying unless you use a potato
0% (0 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Some questions:
- What phone/device do you use to play this, and other games?
- What OS version?
- How long does it take for you to load a map (just time one load)?
- How much stuttering, lag, etc do you encounter?
- Any other observations?

I want to catalogue contemporary performance. I'm kind of tired with my phone's performance on this and how it overheats in general and I'm long overdue on any upgrades (this was just a cheapo holdmeover). So this topic is for me but hey maybe it'll help others too. Because you're wasting a lot of time playing this and for me it was eye opening to see just how much time I spent compared to some other people, just in the loading screen. Whaling for a phone may be worth it, before you consider whaling for any particular character.

Mine:
- LG V20
- Android 8.0
- 1-2 minutes on JP version, US is probably ~ 40 seconds after I did factory reset.
- A lot, since I have to lower the resolution and performance to keep it from overheating this damn 820 chip.
- It sucks. It used to not suck, but Google made sure to update it until it did.
THIS TABLE... THIS TABLE!!~~! - Someone from an anime. Tables are very useful, indeed.
Almost orgasmically so. PSN: StoleMyOwnCar

User Info: Dishware

Dishware
2 months ago#2
Phone was torture since it actually had load times. Therefore I made the step towards Emulator. After that gacha happened and I created a bunch of alts, before committing to more alts, all thanks to the emulator's ease of use... when it's not blocked.

User Info: mazurka

mazurka
2 months ago#3
Moto Z Play Droid, game runs great. Android 8.0 OS.
Now with super wall in FFRK!
Fate IGN: Arminus

User Info: Muzika2013

Muzika2013
2 months ago#4
1- Galaxy Tab S3
2- Android 8.0.0
3- 10 seconds on Global, 1 min on JP
4- The times I notice lag are during critical hits and when swapping servants via death/conbat suit. Other than that, everything is fine.

I would actually prefer a phone rather than a tablet now, since I have ugly borders above and below my in game screen and it seems to lower the resolution of the game. (making my screenshots pretty ugly)
Fate/Grand Order: NA - 494,611,045 Happy New Year!
Support Lists: NA - https://imgtc.com/kfeNv0Z Updated 11/Jan/2019 Can swap Hassan with Jack

User Info: Desides

Desides
2 months ago#5
This forum is literally under the iOS category.

User Info: KeyKing7

KeyKing7
2 months ago#6
iPhone 6+
Load times ~5-8 secs.
Hardly any lag or stuttering
Occasional crashes but when that starts happening, I restart my phone and the problem disappears.
Dishonor on you! Dishonor on your cow!

User Info: Zilong17

Zilong17
2 months ago#7
Desides posted...

And it's filled with people who play Android, emulator, and misc phone types. >_>

OT:

I play iOS with the latest version and it takes me a couple of seconds to load most maps. I used to have issues with NPs crashing the game when was on an iPhone 6, but now i'm on an 8 and it runs beautifully; the only time I encounter lag is when something new is popping up in the gacha. (:
Micah 6:8
"What does the Lord require of you? To seek justice, love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

User Info: Muzika2013

Muzika2013
2 months ago#8
Desides posted...

The android forum is dead. Most of the discussion is on here so even android users like me use this board. lol
Fate/Grand Order: NA - 494,611,045 Happy New Year!
Support Lists: NA - https://imgtc.com/kfeNv0Z Updated 11/Jan/2019 Can swap Hassan with Jack

User Info: x Shadow

x Shadow
2 months ago#9
Desides posted...

Irrelevant. This is the most popular forum for this game, and most Android, iOS, and emulator users are gathered here. I can make a topic on Android forum telling any stragglers about the existence of this topic if you want more accurate results.
THIS TABLE... THIS TABLE!!~~! - Someone from an anime. Tables are very useful, indeed.
Almost orgasmically so. PSN: StoleMyOwnCar

User Info: DreikoSaMa

DreikoSaMa
2 months ago#10
I used to get some crashing every now and then during NPs but after a patch a couple of months ago that all went away but I'm still on the same 6s so it must have been on the game's end. Now the only occasional crash occurs during story segments or when I'm in a servant's profile and shuffling through their art or sprite, but even that is exceedingly rare. No slowdown or nothing either.
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/609/simplebeauty.jpg
<3
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. GameFAQs "Which phone/device do you use" Survey
  • Topic Archived