You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Limited Time Events

User Info: KeyKing7

KeyKing7
1 week ago#1
Should new and returning players have a chance to experience them if they missed them?

With the end of Halloween 2 in NA, the playerbase is winding down and preparing for the grueling month(s) ahead.

This question is a dilemma that I’ve been struggling to resolve since the first event that I participated in. New players are always coming into FGO and as such, they have probably missed events that will never get a rerun again. The same can be said for returning players that have taken a hiatus for their own reasons. On the one hand, I believe that events keep players interested in the game for a longer term than if they didn’t experience them and/or missed a really valuable welfare servant (this point being especially poignant for novice players).

One can make the case that reruns solve this issue but what if the rerun has passed and the event will never run again? Do new and returning players that didn’t get a chance to play them deserve to have that opportunity?

My ideal solution would probably be to make events available for new and returning players to start at any time, given that they have completed the appropriate requirements like clearing a singularity or lostbelt or such. However, I would give them the same exact amount of time that the active playerbase had when the event ran. Of course, I think this is fair because it gives them the opportunity to experience the event but will also make it harder to complete because not a lot of people will have those event bonus CE’s equipped, thereby encouraging them to participate more actively in the game.

Although, all that being said, one can also make the point that it would dangerous to do so because the risk of burnout is infinitely higher if there is no downtime when players begin events at their leisure and feel the pressure of time weighing upon them.

So what do you think?
Dishonor on you! Dishonor on your cow!
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Amadeum

Amadeum
1 week ago#2
Even if they did this, none of the new *cough multis and re-roll* players will have the benefit of supports running CEs necessary to do it efficiently
FGO: Hiro | 137,936,378

User Info: suchiuomizu

suchiuomizu
1 week ago#3
I mostly just want a chance to get servants I started too late to have a chance at (the main two being Gilgamesh and Iskandar).

User Info: TommyI916

TommyI916
1 week ago#4
I'm still pretty new. Being mostly focused on JP, I have missed far more than NA players who start today. I accept that there are things I won't get and can't do. I should have started earlier if I wanted to participate in them.
SAO MD Friend Codes (NA Region):
Main: 282115693090; #2: 310894473389
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: VirusLord

VirusLord
1 week ago#5
Mm... I think it's fine if the events aren't playable for newcomers. With a marathon game like this, it isn't really possible to get the full experience of the day-one player if you're not, y'know, a day-one player. If you miss out on limited gameplay, then you have missed out, and that's that. Besides, you would have to allow all players to replay all events, and I do not relish the idea of grinding through every single event thus far again, but this time without friend CEs and while having to do it around current events. And the entire point of a game like this is that there are always new events to keep players occupied.

Instead, I'd just say that the story for all events should be available in your room, even if you didn't participate in the event, and all welfare Servants and event-limited CEs should be available in the Rare Prism shop. That way, the story content and limited rewards are available to all players, while the gameplay and grind-shops are rewards for those who participated.
Ruler of the Unknown Universe
"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality." - Emil, ToS:DotNW

User Info: GSenjou

GSenjou
1 week ago#6
Yeah, I don't see why not. The previous gatcha game I played had every prior event cataloged and accessible at all times.
FGO: Aoba

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
1 week ago#7
I voted not sure, but if the option was to have welfares and event CEs in the RP shop then I'd vote no for sure.

The problem is that half of the stuff getting run is reruns. I'm missing quite a bit on JP, and I'd love to have those welfares and CEs. I also don't want to see more reruns.

As for the idea to just make them permanently accessible, I think that could maybe be reasonable for only the core story sections... but that would limit you to 1 copy of an unascendable welfare with no CEs. There isn't much point to that. Now maybe you think letting people get event shop stuff would be fine, but I really don't think giving permanent access to that is fair to the people who grinded like crazy to get mats during the event period.

They really just need to stop slacking on updating the RP shop with things that have been rerun (or like Nero Fest don't ever get rerun). That seems like the primary purpose of the RP shop based on the things sold in it, and yet they're super slow to add stuff.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: LightswornMagi

LightswornMagi
1 week ago#8
Goraishi posted...
I voted not sure, but if the option was to have welfares and event CEs in the RP shop then I'd vote no for sure.

The problem is that half of the stuff getting run is reruns. I'm missing quite a bit on JP, and I'd love to have those welfares and CEs. I also don't want to see more reruns.

As for the idea to just make them permanently accessible, I think that could maybe be reasonable for only the core story sections... but that would limit you to 1 copy of an unascendable welfare with no CEs. There isn't much point to that. Now maybe you think letting people get event shop stuff would be fine, but I really don't think giving permanent access to that is fair to the people who grinded like crazy to get mats during the event period.

They really just need to stop slacking on updating the RP shop with things that have been rerun (or like Nero Fest don't ever get rerun). That seems like the primary purpose of the RP shop based on the things sold in it, and yet they're super slow to add stuff.

I don't think it would be too unfair to players who grinded the event considering how prohibitively expensive stuff in the RP shop tends to be.

I'd rather grind Nerofest again than burn over half my 4 stars for the 25 rare prisms to buy MLB Joint Recital for sure.

That's the trade off though. You missed the chance to buy it with just your time, now it's going to be expensive.
We are born of the Gacha, made men by the Gacha, undone by the Gacha.
Fear the old Gacha.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: bdragan18

bdragan18
1 week ago#9
I think 1 rerun and then gone forever is more than fair- welfares are participation prizes- requiring time, but not quartz. But it does make them more meaninful to make them time limited.

I would be fine with having all plot scenes available though.
Eh.

User Info: Hoid

Hoid
1 week ago#10
suchiuomizu posted...
I mostly just want a chance to get servants I started too late to have a chance at (the main two being Gilgamesh and Iskandar).

This. I wasn't playing yet and don't have Shiki, NP5 Saber Lily.

I also would love to try rolling for Mysterious Heroine X and now can't get another shot until way way later when new servants will be coming out.

I would try now, I probably won't try a year from now
Flavor of the Month: Tharja ;)
https://m.imgur.com/iuCSCB7
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Limited Time Events