• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Any servant that gets completely powercreeped?

User Info: AKMU

AKMU
2 months ago#1
Having played many other gacha games, I appreciate how units in this game remain viable or even top tier for so long. I still use Waver for almost everything, Gil to kill sabers/everything, etc. etc. despite pulling them last year.

But surely there are servants that already got the powercreep treatment in NA, or will be in the future (JP)? That's what FEH and many other gacha do to make you keep pulling and spending. I haven't played FEH for a long time, but are Hector and Azura still top tier like they were at launch?

How about FGO? Any servant, especially 5*, that gets powercreeped completely?

User Info: KeyKing7

KeyKing7
2 months ago#2
The one that comes to mind is Arjuna in terms of a 5* that typically loses in comparison to other 4* of his class. But all in all, the 5* are powerful in their own right in terms of stats, it’s usually their kit that determines their staying power.
"A quartz a day keeps the Guda away...far, far away..."

User Info: DataOmega

DataOmega
2 months ago#3
The only one that comes to my mind is Gawain. Even then, he is still good but not as good as...let's say Salter or Rama. His niche, to be absolutely ridiculously powerful when its sunny, is so half assed, I'm kinda...unhappy. I did start with Fate/Extra and liked Gawain there (screw that boss fight) so when I hear he was released here and saw his skills, I am a little dissapointed.

Anyway, back on topic, niche is specific. There are way better Sabers who are good in general.
I'm like Angra Mainyu except I actually exist.
FGO Friend Code: 981,714,826

User Info: Intoxic

Intoxic
2 months ago#4
Jalter, kind of. Not by stronger servants but gameplay changes - multiple healthbars blocks one-shoting some boss with buff stacking nonsens.
She is still strong tho, not just that silly.

User Info: x Shadow

x Shadow
2 months ago#5
Anyone can and will get "power creeped" by the release of new servants that do the job better. Of course it also depends on what exactly the "job" is. Sometimes (read: often) it's not specifically the change of efficacy of a servant in its original job, but more like the job itself becomes obsolete. Depending on what you list you listen to, a recent example is Musashi. Gilgamesh, however, is proving rather timeless... probably because they gave him a stupid amount of buffs and just made him utterly broken at almost everything rather early on.

Skadi's (and quick's) rise to power didn't happen just because she herself was powerful. It also happened because quests started happening which took advantage of her strengths, and the strengths of the cast she best supports.

No one has done it yet, but I don't think it would be terribly difficult to do brute force simulations of all possible outcomes of various servant and enemy matchups, to determine average team efficacy. With such simulations, you should be able to see how various teams are worse and better (in various regards; time, consistency, etc) at dealing with certain type of challenges. This isn't exactly a complicated battle system.

Of course there are servants out there which just suck by design, and have almost no niche to speak of.
THIS TABLE... THIS TABLE!!~~! - Someone from an anime. Tables are very useful, indeed.
Almost orgasmically so. PSN: StoleMyOwnCar

User Info: Franzise_D

Franzise_D
2 months ago#6
AKMU posted...
I haven't played FEH for a long time, but are Hector and Azura still top tier like they were at launch?

Hector is still strong and has a niche no other unit can really replicate (Omnibreaker build), though he has to compete with a lot of other green armors now (mainly other versions of himself lul)

Azura is a refresher so she'll always be useful to some degree, but there's so many of those now, including flying dancers, so she's been powercrept pretty hard in that regard

Hoping IntSys decides to give her Blessed Lance
Blissey Base: http://tinyurl.com/ndhwv2x

User Info: DemiseEnd

DemiseEnd
2 months ago#7
Completely power creeped as in the ussual case of the term? Not really. The closest we used to have is Artoria is a worse Mordred but now Artoria is better or on par with Mordred. I guess some people would say Lancer Alter to Saber Alter but different class and deck. Or Raiko vs Lancelot but Lancelot have higher ceiling now.

Jack and Carmilla? Jack is strictly Carm but better

In term of game mechanics there definitely is power creep. Munenori Yagyu have more optimized hitcount than Artoria but they are pretty distinct. Kintoki Rider is what a power creeped Okita looks like but Okita is still Okita

FGO largely have reverse creep actually. Usually they designed later units specifically as a budget version of previous unit

Gilgamesh was released before Tesla and Arjuna and is better than them in almost every way. Ishtar NP is decidedly worse although shes very good

DEMIYA is arguably a worse version of Archuria and is released later. It took a year before DEMIYA become the strongest damage Archer who is still worse than Archuria.

Saber Diarmuid is essentially Okita with better skillset and worse Card.... which make him worse Okita for the most part

DWs strategy with unit release is by releasing unit

So.

Damn.

Slowly.

They slow down power creep to the point that its near non existent. Over the course of 2 years of the game the servant count is in 100s area. In Japan its been almost a month since Saber Diarmuid and there havent been new unit

Yeah Merlin is OP but the unit Merlin power creeped is Hans. A 2*
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it.
3ds fc:3823-9549-3094 - Ice > Fire

User Info: DemiseEnd

DemiseEnd
2 months ago#8
Franzise_D posted...
AKMU posted...
I haven't played FEH for a long time, but are Hector and Azura still top tier like they were at launch?

Hector is still strong and has a niche no other unit can really replicate (Omnibreaker build), though he has to compete with a lot of other green armors now (mainly other versions of himself lul)

Azura is a refresher so she'll always be useful to some degree, but there's so many of those now, including flying dancers, so she's been powercrept pretty hard in that regard

Hoping IntSys decides to give her Blessed Lance

Omnibreaker is also Lector build

What makes Hector still stupid good is Berserk Armads anyway. And while Vector is better hes not noticably better
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it.
3ds fc:3823-9549-3094 - Ice > Fire

User Info: insight2k1

insight2k1
2 months ago#9
Not a 5*, but Boudica got power crept as soon as Mash got to third ascension. Maybe even before that, there was never a reason to use her outside of not having any other riders to use.

User Info: Trisagion

Trisagion
2 months ago#10
DemiseEnd posted...
Completely power creeped as in the ussual case of the term? Not really. The closest we used to have is Artoria is a worse Mordred but now Artoria is better or on par with Mordred. I guess some people would say Lancer Alter to Saber Alter but different class and deck. Or Raiko vs Lancelot but Lancelot have higher ceiling now.

Jack and Carmilla? Jack is strictly Carm but better

In term of game mechanics there definitely is power creep. Munenori Yagyu have more optimized hitcount than Artoria but they are pretty distinct. Kintoki Rider is what a power creeped Okita looks like but Okita is still Okita

FGO largely have reverse creep actually. Usually they designed later units specifically as a budget version of previous unit

Gilgamesh was released before Tesla and Arjuna and is better than them in almost every way. Ishtar NP is decidedly worse although shes very good

DEMIYA is arguably a worse version of Archuria and is released later. It took a year before DEMIYA become the strongest damage Archer who is still worse than Archuria.

Saber Diarmuid is essentially Okita with better skillset and worse Card.... which make him worse Okita for the most part

DWs strategy with unit release is by releasing unit

So.

Damn.

Slowly.

They slow down power creep to the point that its near non existent. Over the course of 2 years of the game the servant count is in 100s area. In Japan its been almost a month since Saber Diarmuid and there havent been new unit

Yeah Merlin is OP but the unit Merlin power creeped is Hans. A 2*

And yet its also one of the most successful gacha game in the market

Their approach to powercreep and Servant release definitely works

Unfortunately, it comes with a price. There are no very hard contents aside from CQ that truly challenge team building and strategy
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. Any servant that gets completely powercreeped?
  • Topic Archived