[NA] For a new player, recommended 5* for long term?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. [NA] For a new player, recommended 5* for long term?

User Info: rickets987

rickets987
4 months ago#51
reicta posted...
mewhooo posted...
The Jack Gil Drake account sounds like the best of the bunch, IMO. If you’re trying to finish the event, leveling Jack will pay off immediately. She and Gil work together pretty well too when it makes sense to field both. All 3 stay relevant for a long time as well.

That said, if you’re in it for the long haul, Waver makes it easy to put together teams with whichever servants you end up pulling.

Actually ended up going sort of left field and acquired one with Jack, Waver, Artoria, Kintoki and Jeanne NP2. Was a little farther in the story than my main was so I’ll have to rewatch the cutscenes. I’ve always liked the look of Saber even if she is low tier (I love Altera’s aesthetics more though probably) and of course getting Jack and Waver is great.

Wow... that's quite the account.

User Info: SaberCherry

SaberCherry
4 months ago#52
reicta posted...

Actually ended up going sort of left field and acquired one with Jack, Waver, Artoria, Kintoki and Jeanne NP2. Was a little farther in the story than my main was so I’ll have to rewatch the cutscenes. I’ve always liked the look of Saber even if she is low tier (I love Altera’s aesthetics more though probably) and of course getting Jack and Waver is great.

Sounds like you got a great team! Out of those I only have Jack (who is great), and I have found all the others very useful as friend units. Jack and Kintoki are particularly good in the current KnK event.
FGO NA: 251638528. Okita 90, Jack 90, Sasquatch 84, Santa 80, H.Liz 80, Nobu 80, Tamacat 72, MHX 1, not a whale.
I also play FFBE.

User Info: MasterPoker

MasterPoker
4 months ago#53
reicta posted...
mewhooo posted...
The Jack Gil Drake account sounds like the best of the bunch, IMO. If you’re trying to finish the event, leveling Jack will pay off immediately. She and Gil work together pretty well too when it makes sense to field both. All 3 stay relevant for a long time as well.

That said, if you’re in it for the long haul, Waver makes it easy to put together teams with whichever servants you end up pulling.

Just curious, what does an account like that go for? I'd assume there aren't enough people botting NA for high-SQ/no-progress accounts to be the norm.

I play F/GO just to kill time, but it always amazes me how much cash players dump into the game.
Xuande
F/GO, Feb/14/18: http://i.imgur.com/pxIF47r.jpg (364,837,417)

User Info: reicta

reicta
4 months ago#54
MasterPoker posted...
reicta posted...
mewhooo posted...

Just curious, what does an account like that go for? I'd assume there aren't enough people botting NA for high-SQ/no-progress accounts to be the norm.

I play F/GO just to kill time, but it always amazes me how much cash players dump into the game.

$40, probably was a decent deal. Not fresh though—was in the middle of Septem. There’s quite a few accounts with 1-3 SSRs for $20-30 with little progress.

I’ve played other gachas and never done this, but FGO has such low rates that it’s cheaper than trying to spend to get just one SSR. It scratches that itch for five star envy.

User Info: hotaruku

hotaruku
4 months ago#55
reicta posted...
MasterPoker posted...
reicta posted...
mewhooo posted...

$40, probably was a decent deal. Not fresh though—was in the middle of Septem. There’s quite a few accounts with 1-3 SSRs for $20-30 with little progress.

I’ve played other gachas and never done this, but FGO has such low rates that it’s cheaper than trying to spend to get just one SSR. It scratches that itch for five star envy.

$40 is a great deal actually, unless you like to collect event servants.

$40 can't even get you a 4* servant in some rolls.

User Info: reicta

reicta
4 months ago#56
hotaruku posted...
reicta posted...
MasterPoker posted...
reicta posted...
mewhooo posted...

$40 is a great deal actually, unless you like to collect event servants.

$40 can't even get you a 4* servant in some rolls.

Agreed, and this is pretty much my mindset atm about buying a "starter" acc.

User Info: DreikoSaMa

DreikoSaMa
4 months ago#57
So yeah, I see common agreement is that is it actually not pay to win like I originally said. (whether it is boring or not is a separate can of worms and I'm focusing on the actual topic at hand for now)

We wanna avoid using such heavy terms haphazardly cause when we do that they end up losing all of their meaning.
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/609/simplebeauty.jpg
<3
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. [NA] For a new player, recommended 5* for long term?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived