[NA] For a new player, recommended 5* for long term?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. [NA] For a new player, recommended 5* for long term?

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
7 months ago#41
reicta posted...
More advisable than something like Nero Bride+Vlad (and Herc) w/ 2030 and others? Or something with Jack + 2 SSRs? Just looking at options. I wanna get started soon to get Shiki before that's over. Or Orion+Tamamo.

You're going to have a hard time getting Shiki at this point I think. At least getting all of her stuff. The quests aren't hard, but it is going to take you a while. There is a good amount of grinding, and your low master level will limit how many event CEs you can run at once. You may need to level up a couple of servants if the account is starting at level 1.

Anyway, I think that account is overall decently worse. You're kind of locking yourself into needing Tamamo / Waver to complete your team with Vlad. The big team for him is Vlad/Waver/Tamamo which you'd be 2 short of running. Even though Vlad is very good, I think not having the right servants of your own to pair with him knocks down his value because, like most berserkers, he is very dependent upon having a team to help him stay up. There really aren't any lower rarity replacements for those big name SSR Casters ever. I'm not saying you have to absolutely pick up an account that has one of them, but you probably want something more independent and flexible.

Bride is very good. Super strong support, and can make do as a damage dealer. She is definitely a huge asset to a limited starting roster so I don't think that is a bad starter account at all. I just think the utility the first account has with Waver, a much more flexible dps monster with Gil (granted he needs his buffs that won't come till later in the year), and Herc who is just flat out one of the best servants in the game after maxing his bond makes it a stronger pick.

My advise is to make sure you get someone you like in there if you're buying an account. Every one of those options you posted has some really good stuff. Waver is super good, but he is also super boring. Since it sounds like you don't care for Gil either, that may not be the way to go.

User Info: reicta

reicta
7 months ago#42
Trieu posted...
Well growth curves aside - since the early game isn't really difficult enough for it to matter - what's the CE spread like for Gil and Tamamo?

I think you mentioned Gil having 2030 which is just universally great. Gil is a little overbearing in Fate but as a servant it's about what I expect from having called up a king to do my dirty work - he does have a touch of megalomaniac laughter during some of his attack animations which can be a bit grating. (double points for running Gil-Gil-Ozymandias for maximum laughter memes)

Which ones have you narrowed it down to?

I haven’t fully narrowed it really. I might keep shopping around. I do like Jack but I don’t want her to only be useful on one team or something.

The Tamamo acc has no great 5* CE sadly. A couple other options might have one but that’s it and it’s like Heaven’s feel.

@Goraishi Thanks for the breakdown. I think I will focus on personal favorites more now though I have no Fate knowledge. Sometimes characters I like though are weak or have unfun/bad skills (Arjuna).

User Info: Zilong17

Zilong17
7 months ago#43
Arjuna is perfectly fine. He's only "bad" in the sense that other SSR archers are crazy good and he's only "pretty good," with a weird deck. But he himself is a very solid Servant and actually has the highest base ATK out of any Archer in the game.

As for Jack, she's the top Assassin in the game bar none, she's useful in a variety of battles and comps.
"Lay down your arms, or die clutching them! None will mourn your passing."
Ramza Beoulve - Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions

Goraishi
7 months ago#44
reicta posted...
I haven’t fully narrowed it really. I might keep shopping around. I do like Jack but I don’t want her to only be useful on one team or something.

Jack can be used on a lot of teams as a star generator which means she has decent synergy with any crit based servant. Gil and Drake would both highly benefit from having stars rain down.

Now given the ideal roster, an optimal team is most likely running 2030s, good supports, and class advantages instead of an off class star generator servant. I have Jack on JP and I often can't pull that off, and I often end up throwing her in there for one reason or another especially when I was starting out (she was one of my original servants). She has ended up saving me on several challenge quests even without a class advantage by just lasting forever and having her NP hit fairly hard on the more than half of the roster which is female.

User Info: Trieu

Trieu
7 months ago#45
Jack is great for a lot of teams both arts and buster purely as a source of crit stars. The only issue she has really is when compared to top tier supports like tamamo/waver/merlin is that she can be replaced by a set of 2030s and some passive star gen skills in a way the actual support units can't.

It is best to go for character love, although that said for a lot of the game at the moment actual supports aren't necessary and I assume on JP you can get away with borrowing friend list supports for the harder fights and just stack class advantages for everything else.

Shopping around is a good idea until you stumble across a collection of units that you like - although do bear in mind you have a time limit if you're aiming to acquire shiki this year as Knk does conclude soon.
Friendo Code: 998,428,971

User Info: DreikoSaMa

DreikoSaMa
7 months ago#46
pkmnpkmn posted...
Waver and tamamo are the only 2 which are irreplaceable since no one else provides that much NP gain or party skill cooldowns.

Jeanne too but you'll be waiting a long time to get her NP fixed.

I'd prioritize waver unless you really like arts teams.

Janne>Void Shiki NP chain is delicious cause it fixes her NP's shortcoming. Maaya Sakamoto girls gotta stick together, after all
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/609/simplebeauty.jpg
<3

User Info: mewhooo

mewhooo
7 months ago#47
The Jack Gil Drake account sounds like the best of the bunch, IMO. If you’re trying to finish the event, leveling Jack will pay off immediately. She and Gil work together pretty well too when it makes sense to field both. All 3 stay relevant for a long time as well.

That said, if you’re in it for the long haul, Waver makes it easy to put together teams with whichever servants you end up pulling.

User Info: reicta

reicta
7 months ago#48
mewhooo posted...
The Jack Gil Drake account sounds like the best of the bunch, IMO. If you’re trying to finish the event, leveling Jack will pay off immediately. She and Gil work together pretty well too when it makes sense to field both. All 3 stay relevant for a long time as well.

That said, if you’re in it for the long haul, Waver makes it easy to put together teams with whichever servants you end up pulling.

Actually ended up going sort of left field and acquired one with Jack, Waver, Artoria, Kintoki and Jeanne NP2. Was a little farther in the story than my main was so I’ll have to rewatch the cutscenes. I’ve always liked the look of Saber even if she is low tier (I love Altera’s aesthetics more though probably) and of course getting Jack and Waver is great.

User Info: mewhooo

mewhooo
7 months ago#49
reicta posted...
mewhooo posted...

Actually ended up going sort of left field and acquired one with Jack, Waver, Artoria, Kintoki and Jeanne NP2. Was a little farther in the story than my main was so I’ll have to rewatch the cutscenes. I’ve always liked the look of Saber even if she is low tier (I love Altera’s aesthetics more though probably) and of course getting Jack and Waver is great.

Sounds like a great pick. Solid now, and well positioned to build around future pulls. Have fun!

Goraishi
7 months ago#50
reicta posted...

Easily the best account you mentioned.
  1. Boards
  2. Fate / Grand Order
  3. [NA] For a new player, recommended 5* for long term?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived